Not only for a Day...

Just like the title says, love is not shared only for a Day. Love isn't lived only for a moment. Love doesn't grow only in a thought. Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding is the third.

When we are granted life with someone else it overshadows anything colorless in our pasts. We look back at the worst of things and while we are so engrossed with what is in front of us, the past doesn't seem as unacceptable as we once thought. We can look upon those memories of heartache and see things in a different light. Each person that was allowed to venture into our hearts was just a stepping stone to the best thing to come.

New love is an astounding volcano sparked with the most explosive emotion, uncontrollable sensation and imagination that knows no bounds. For me, new love with Tim was just like that. I've never in my wildest fantasies thought I would connect with another in such a way. He stimulated normal feelings into something wild, unstable and unmeasurable.

New love, after a time, evolved. Feelings escalated, sensations intensified and a new love was cemented. The past reared it's uninvited head at times. Fear and phobia would present itself and with calm patience, compassion and an unfathomable understanding he showed me to live, love and understand.

Through our own years together we have learned each other. We are still learning each other and will continue to do so until we end. Hopefully that end will not come in the form of going our separate ways but hand in hand to beyond this life into the next. He will never truly get to value my love for him because in reality I am the only one that really knows how I feel. I can only do my best to convey this through words and action but there again, they do it no justice. To put feelings into words, well, sometimes it just can't be done. Only he knows the value of his own love for me as well. All we can do is try our best to appreciate what the other so freely gives and do our up most best to give it back.

The quiet moments when he looks at me. Precious. The feelings of being genuinely special. Priceless. The moments when he just holds me. Cherished. The never ending patience he gives. Treasured. The unconditional love he shows.....Matchless.

I will go through this life living life the best way I can. I will raise my children through more trials than not. I will try my best through it all and I will love, appreciate, respect and honor my husband. We are born, we grow up, we struggle for purpose. When purpose is found we are reborn, regrowing and we fight like hell to hang onto all that is right. I have those things now. My husband helped make it possible and together after all the children have gone I hope to look back at him and still have the deep unconditional love that I felt for him in the beginning and even now.

So even though we only spend one day a year recognizing "Love" Day, I spend all year round recognizing it. With him..

I love you Timothy. Forget that and I will remind you. Believe it and I will always be yours..... and not only for a day.

Comments

Me said…
I love you Crystal!!
Donna said…
Awwwww....I know who said Dat!!
mammy
Sally said…
Beautiful and so sweet!!

Popular Posts