Well, I have finally MADE time to come over here and blog! This month has been a busy one for sure. With the kids getting into full swing with Summer, our mini trip, and my bday and then this HOT weather, going to the gym, cooking yummy things I find on Pinterest and oh, work, I am now sitting for a few to write, lol.

The trip to Philly, Maryland and NYC was AMAZING! I got to try a REAL slice of New York Pizza, a REAL Philly cheese steak and in Maryland SEE a REAL Amish community. Everything about the trip was amazing and I thanked Tim multiple times for taking me along.

Now to break it down...The pizza...As Sam would say...OHH EMM GEE!!! It was HUGE and of coarse you can't eat it unless you fold it in half, its THAT big and just the flavorings.....(mouth watering)...Ty, Stephanie, Tim and I all snacked on just one piece. And it was only 3-4 dollars.

The Philly.... TWO 6 inch philly cheese steaks WITH fries on one plate....And I ate IT ALLLLL!!! I've never had one before. I couldn't help it. The spices mixed with the CHEESE and the meat were just what I love in a sandwich. Mercy...

Maryland and the Amish...It was a really beautiful area we drove through to get to a motocross track. Tim took us to some Pro races there and it in itself was an experience. It really was like living in another time. Horse and buddy, dark pants, blue or white shirts, dresses for the ladies, hats for all. Selling their things on the side of the road were the women while the men drudged along in buggies while modern cars and trucks sped by. And I just learned recently that the amish do not like for the kids to go to school. Not while they can help work and do other things to help the community. Wow..

The races were fun. We got there early and got some good seats way up high so we were overlooking the whole track. Lots of trees and with the temps in the 80's it made for a wonderful and nice day. And boy did we get our exercise in. You were either walking UP a hill or DOWN a hill and I don't remember how many times I almost SLID down the hill if nor for Tim letting me hang on. And of coarse we ate...lol! Tim took us to JOE'S CRAB SHACK! It's like my favorite place to eat seafood. Their king crab is amazing and the desserts not to bad either;)

Oh and our little trip through Newark New Jersey was something else. Tim booked us a pretty ritzy hotel and we got to see some "working girls" when we pulled up to check in, lol! It was something to see too. And they were drunk and "leaving" sooooo i'll just keep to myself what I thought they were doing there;)

Um, New York City!!! What can I say about that place...hmmm...It's extremely BUSY. If you're a tourist, your head is UP and if you're not one, your head is straight ahead, lol! Always walking walking walking or taking the am trac, subway, taxi or bicycle. Or, more walking, lol! Tim booked us right on Times Square at an awesome hotel and wow..From the time we walked up from the subway into NYC until the time we walked back down into the subway to leave I was in complete awe. From the buildings and signs of movie stars and expensive things or previews to coming soon movies or new released ones. People every where trying to stop you to buy buy buy, The homeless that would break your heart that were mixed all in it, forgotten and invisible. It really is a place that you can "disappear" in. People from around the world, not just the nation, at every corner. We walked in and out of shops and other places, took a feiry to see ol Liberty, saw the Empire State Bulding and the new Towers going up. I think the most fun I had was when we stumbled into a gay community. I have gay friends so I thought it was pretty cool but the guys were a bit nervouse when they started getting cat calls and looks. LOL!!!! It got so bad that Tim dropped back and started walking with Ty and I with Stephanie and the guys started holding hands just so no one would hit on them!!! Oh it was HILARIOUS! I got a pic of them too but Tim said he'd do bad things if I posted it so I will refrain, lol!!!!

We also went to a comedy show. While in Times Square WE actually stopped a walking vender dude that was selling comedy show tickets at Dangerfield's. As in Rodney Dangerfield "I get no respect!" guy? That one. Got a good deal on 4 tickets but we had 40 minutes to get there and it was like 40 blocks away. After rounding Ty and Steph we started walking...and walking...and walking some more. We actually thought we got taken for when we couldn't find it so we stopped a cab driver, showed him the tickets and told him to take us there. Well, he dropped us off like 4 blocks "the other way" and somehow we just ran into it and found it. It started at 8 and we were right on time and the first ones there. I was silently praying that this wasn't some kind of mass set up and I wouldn't be coming out of the building once I went in. Then after my internal freak out more people started showing up, they opened and in we went to be seated. There was a TWO drink minimum. For EACH person...We all got virgin drinks to meet our limit and then ordered our food. BOY DO THEY GET YOU! I'll say this..The comedy show was funny as hell. I think there were 7 or 8 different acts and we were there till 11 I think but the food was ok, the waiter was a 70 year old crabby italian and the bill?? Baaaaddddd...... We won't be doing that again without knowing what were getting into beforehand. And we did NOT try walking all 40 blocks back to Times Square. 8 dollars got us there without running into any of the "night life" that comes out close to midnight. And come out they did. Scary place after dark....

So all in all we had one heck of a trip and lots of wonderful memories. And while I sit here writing this on my 39th birthday I realise or maybe just really appreciate more how blessed my life really is. Seeing as how 10 years ago I was in a mental ward for my Prozac "mishap" (sp) to feeling very blessed and content with the way life has turned out thus far. Kids drive me nuts, parents always nagging and husband trying to turn me into a walking food disposal, lol! I'm kidding...maybe;)

All in all life is good. It could always be worse and there was a time, for all of us, when it was worse. I'm glad by this age that I am now I have figured a lot out about myself and life. That way I can pay more attention to the world around me and my family and make many more memories in the future....:)

Comments

Sally said…
Awwww, I'm so glad you had a good trip, and fun times. NYC is something else isn't it, and I haven't been there in many years. I made a vow to myself though that I'd been there, done that, finito; finished. Have no plans to visit again. I've always wanted to visit amish country though. We had a cousin who lived in PA and heard many of her stories. She worked in a food mart there, and her descriptions of the food and the store in general so very different from ours.

Well,Crystal, I'd say you've had a wonderful birthday, and I wish you many, many more. Yes, you've certainly come a long way; but the things that happen to us, and the lessons learned serve us well in the future. Love ya girl!!
jenn said…
Happy birthday Crystal! Did you guys go to the top of the Empire State Building? That was always one of my favorite things to do. And boy, do I miss NY pizza! lol!
Crystal said…
Love you too Sally girl! And yes, NYC was crazy! I told Tim that if we ever go back we'll know a little bit more on what to do, what to eat and where and it'll be easier knowing how to get around and where to go. As we were leaving we did see some beautiful area's that we missed coming in so I know that next time we'll see the sites outside of Times Square. Although, people watching is so fun and boy is there plenty of them to see!

Jenn, Thank you Jenn! We didn't get a chance to go in and see! We only spent the day there so we were trying to get in as much as we could. And boy that Pizza was my favorite!!!!
Sally said…
HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody home?

Have a great weekend!

xoxo

Popular Posts