Another School Year

Sam, Will and I were walking out of the school yesterday after we got Will registered for the eighth grade. Sam pops off and says, "Will, you still have FIVE YEARS!" Will gets excited and agrees with her. Well...I didn't. I didn't say anything to their conversation but it sure got me thinking that while they think 5 years is forever, to me its more like 5 months. And boy am I not ready for those 5 anything to be over just yet.

The last 6 months alone have flown by. Ty will be getting ready to come back from his deployment over in Kyrgyzstan in the next few weeks. To him, these 6 months have seemed like 6 years but different ages see different things, I guess. We all talk, text and email when we can. I think we're 11-12 hours different from him so when he's sleeping were awake and vice versa. I love sending him as many pictures as I can of normal things. The new house, the family and pets, stuff like that. When he does hop on the plain they'll be taking him back to Dover. After that we will just have to sit and wait until he can find out when he can get leave and come home.

Sam is still on a 5 week break from her college studies. She's said once before that she'll finish up and graduate in April of next year. Sounds pretty good to me but I told her that if she can go further with college then do so. Right now she's in for cosmetology and just loves it but I've heard her mention owning her own shop one day. She brought up getting some kind of business degree and I whole heartedly agreed. Where ever she takes herself I think she'll do fine. She's dating a guy named Zach and he's pretty OK so far. I've already warned him myself. You hurt her, I hurt you. He replied with a wide eyed yes ma'am.

Who says you need a man to scare someone.... ;)

 

Comments

Dawn said…
I love hearing updates of the kids. The photos I have seen of Sam, she is just gorgeous. I think I saw a picture on your Mom's blog of Will and he will be one that the girls will swarm too !! :) He steals my heart. LOL So glad to hear about Ty. I know Tim and of course you and the kids will be glad to have him back home.

Just think, you said in 5 years, Will will be graduating, we will have a new president, thank god and I wonder will we will be as a nation. Okay, I am stepping down.

*HUGS*
Crystal said…
Thank you Dawn! And yes, can't wait for that new president!!!!!
Sally said…
I'm still not getting updates on when you post, Crystal. Maybe your mom could show you how to set your blog. Okay, maybe you don't want to and that's okay.

Yes, five years will go very fast, and that's why we need to enjoy each and every moment. People say live day by day; I'm a every moment person I guess you'd say.

Yes, we'll have a new Pr*sident, but whether he'll be able to straighter out THE MESS we're in remains to be seen.

xoxo

Popular Posts