She Did It

                                                           Sam receiving her diploma
Me and Will sitting at a stop light (no I was not driving) going to graduation
                                         There just aren't any words. My kids. I sure love them.
 
Sam is now an official college graduate. Most people think it really doesn't count graduating from a community college but I'd beg to differ. She has put in as much time as any other State college student so I think it counts just the same. I guess, for me, it went by so quickly because these days kids can take college courses while still in high school and that is exactly what Sam did. Her whole senior year and then a whole year after, she completed her certification in Cosmetology and has even done another weekend course for eye lash extensions.

In the world of beauty there is just so much one can do! I told Sam that if you want to be the best and get the clientele that you have to be good at what you do and be diverse. There are things that you can have done to yourself that I can't even pronounce the word! Needless to say I told her to learn and grow as much and for as long as she's in this field. Bigger and better things will come her way the more she learns. Her "end game", to me, would be to either own her own shop or to go back to the college she graduated from and to teach cosmetology.

Sam and I had many conversations this past weekend when we were in Austin getting ready for her State Board test. One that I really thought funny was when I told her that she needed to BE the boss rather than be the employee. Lol! She asked me why I thought that and I told her the truth. She doesn't do well with authority. While she can be respectful of it, well, she just needed to strive to be the top man on the totem poll but know how to be a compassionate boss. I think she could master that a lot better than under any boss out there. She's just too head strong and has her own ideas about a lot of different things. Guided in the right direction, that could do her good for the future. We'll see!

While things will just be getting started for Sam here in the next few months, things are almost wrapping up for William. He's in the last few weeks of his last Jr High year. In his school as of now, it is 6th, 7th and 8th graders all in one building. And these last 3 years, at least for me, have been the longest. With him having so much hell with math his 6th and 7th grade year because of the teacher and Will not being on nor staying on the same page he's been bullied a little which I nipped that crap in the bud EARLY on and then had his first girlfriend that ended up being a girlfriend from hell. POOR Will!!!

So, these next four years that he faces, I hope that new doors open up for him both in academics AND his personal life. Summer is coming and all I've been hearing out of him and Sam is that he's going to go and work with his dad for the summer. Mmhmmm. He tried that last year and if I remember right he only lasted a few short weeks. I gave him hell the other day that he couldn't top last summer and I'd "leave the light on" for him, lol!

Comments

Sally said…
I think that was some mighty fine advice for Sam. You know her better than anyone. I'd love to see her eventually have her own shop and with possibly a boutique in the same place because she has such great tastes in style just as you do. Probably start small to get established and I would hope eventually with her own place, that she'll hire great hair stylists who understand that courtesy is of the utmost importance.

I've been to some where the stylist talks your head off talking about personal stuff; it just makes me want to get up and out. :)

Another thing is to really listen to what the customer wants; so many times they act like they do, then you end up wishing they had just gone ahead & shaved your head.

Will is going to be fine; I know he is. And, yeah that light will be on; believe me mine stays on. LOL

xoxo
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donna said…
Whoever comes to live with me has to take care of Libby..just saying...
hughugs

Popular Posts