Starting over. It's just a reaccuring thing.

How many times do we tell ourselves that we are starting over. And it will be "for the last time." And then it never really IS for the last time? Yeah... Just going to add right here that starting over is really a daily thing so I won't ever again tell myself that I won't ever say that. Cause I know I will. Many times.

Why start over? Well because of life, of coarse. Marriages, friendships, kids, jobs, habits... Nothing stays the same and from day to day, life and what it means for us and how we live it, changes. And don't I know it. It changes just as much as my weight has been changing and that in a nut shell is about to drive me nuts.

I'm an emotional eater. And I use it as my #1 top excuse for everything. If I can get by with using it well, i'm eating up a storm, gaining weight and putting off working out every time. It probably wouldn't be so bad if I would actually workout OR continue to work out and not stop if something "emotional" comes up in my life.

So, this go round it's been Tim and I, Sam and I, Tim and Sam and Sam and Tim that have had me stuffing my face so much that I am now at 130 lbs. Now to most that isn't bad at all but when you're barely 5'2 IT'S EVERYTHING. Relationships and how to have them. How to take care of them and then again, how to GET THRU THEM. See? Makes you want to pick up a spoon and some ice cream just mentioning the word relationship, eh?

But, enough is enough. Clothes don't fit, swollen body, bad mood and the food running out way too quickly has me saying enough is enough. Maybe this is my "midlife crisis?" I'll take it if that's the case. Seems a little weight gain is easy enough to get thru rather than some I've heard of. But more importantly it's the Tim and I, Sam and I, Tim and Sam and Sam and Tim situations that have gotten a bit better that have me getting off my ass and doing something about it.

I could have taken this post in so many directions but I chose to keep it light. My fingers are too bloated for much more typing so God forbid I get into an emotional rant, lol! So...tomorrow starts my new beginning. Why? Because I have obligations made today and this evening and I know i'll want to eat bad just because. So..I will.

As we go thru the process i'll open up a bit more on things so this post doesn't seem so crazy and out of no where. Like i'm all over the place with my thoughts. Well, maybe I am but in my defense?? I blame the sugar ;)

Comments

Sally said…
Me too!

I blame the sugar!

And, my sis-in-law for bringing over a key lime pie last night (which no one wanted apparently) which, of course, you know what that means.

Okay, here's the thing.

I'll start over tomorrow with you!

And, yes there are a number of things I could rant about, but I'm not; just putting everything in HIS hands! :)

xoxo
Donna said…
Well, I blame the refrigerator....and the power company that is enabling it to function! And Zebra cake....and you....for yelling at my precious Libbers!
And is that a robot sign in thingy I see here???
You're on my list girlie....:0)
Life just happens...don't fight the current, go with the flow and ride the wave...
Love you
Mammy

Popular Posts