Cleaning mode = Thinking mode..lucky you

Well, seems William had to get me to stay home and do a total clean up on the house and he figured the only way to get mom to do that was to go and get sick. Lucky me. And I'll tell ya, when I get into cleaning mode the mind gets to whirling, I get cranky but the house and anything else I can get my hands on in that moment gets clean.

As I cleaned I told myself that cleaning ones home is really no different than cleaning ones life. The two really do go hand in hand. Sometimes I get lazy with the house work like I get lazy with life. And for me, if I stay on top of the house work my life follows suit and flows right along with it. Things get taken care of in a timely manner instead of being put off. It's the maintenance that's the kicker. You start slacking in one area, it all goes to hell and then you're whining about why you're so damn unhappy in your life. Well duh, as my daughter likes to say. Get your crap together and things will run more smoothly and you won't have so much to whine about.

Most days I blog I can get funny, smart assed, emotional or just plain as a matter of fact. Today is one of those blog days. Oh, the emotion is there but for some reason it's not quite ready to surface. It wanted to but things keep popping up in life that keep putting it off and seeing as how Mother Nature is paying a visit, it suites me just fine. Others don't need to deal with an all out emotional me and neither do I.

So, the kids are back in school and back on a routine. I'm so loving it too. Of coarse not the homework that comes through the door with a post it note attached that reads loudly that MOM HAS TO HELP ME STUDY THIS, THIS AND THIS....Lucky me but if it helps get a good grade fine but I never guaranteed any kid they wouldn't hear me gripe about it along the way. Just how it goes. Sam has also granted Tim, the lucky fella, to be the one to get Sam back into shape. Sam not being athletic since the 8th grade is wanting to start working out and asked him if he would help. He told her he would but don't start crying when the workouts start getting tough. They've worked out twice so far this week and both times she's whined but did what he told her to. Her throwing in that this person told her this and school said to do this and oh look someone else said to do this. Shut up Sam and just do the workouts or quit asking people to help if all will happen is that. It was nice enough for Tim to help her and surprisingly she's doing it but when you spend more time running the mouth instead of the butt, no GOOD results will surface.

While I was cleaning I ran out to check the mail. We have been sending Ty letters to Lackland Air Force base and have been praying he's been getting them. It's hard enough to jump into the unknown and worse if you feel all alone while there. Tim's been a nervous wreck waiting for that first phone call from him since leaving and Ty still hasn't called. We found out that it is up to the drill Sargent when or how often they get to call. Hopefully that call will be soon. I see how this is all affecting Tim now that Ty has gone. It really is true that the past is put behind you, that when kids were kids and parents were always frantically searching for the freaking duct tape to tape their asses to the ceiling with a big portion of it on their "I'm an adult now I will get my freedom and I sure as heck know more than you" mouths, all of that dissapears and what remains is a father desperately wanting to only hear the voice of a child and even though he knows exactly where he is and that he's being watched over he just needs to hear it in his child's voice that he's okay. To say I love you and know that there are 19 years of blood, sweat and tears and a volcano of emotion behind them. The parent/child relationship takes a step into a different direction. It brings with it a new relationship between parent and child and Tim has thought of hardly anything else since. I would think Ty is going through the same thing and a lot more. I don't know if my flood gates will open when Tim excitedly looks at the phone and actually sees the call he's been ready for for days or jump up and down doing my own happy dance just seeing Tim light up when getting to talk with him, even if it's just for a few minutes. We all have learned that time and people are most precious...

While getting back into the routine of things there comes along with it all the drama that I'd wish would find a hole some where and bury itself. Sam's already come home saying that 5 girls from her high school that are pregnant. One of her friends has just now had a baby and one due to have one in the upcoming months. Kids are getting braver, more curious and more intent on following through with experiencing their curiosities. And it drives me freaking nuts and I'm looking for that damn duct tape again just so the kids DON'T end up following up and SCREWING it all up. I know when I was a teen the only thing that mattered was who's name I was writing on my notebooks and that THAT boy was the guy that was Mr. Right forever and ever...Yeah, and I just ate green eggs and ham and have a pet flying pig named WHATEVER SISTER.

As these last few months have passed I have finally realised that you can't fully trust your kids. Like my mom recently told me, you won't really be able to until they have finally made a life of their own and sometimes you still can't. I told her that she can kiss it and if she still didn't trust me that I might as well write that million dollar check from the company check book and get on the first plane to Scotland where she couldn't find me. Oh, I really didn't tell her that. I'm not that terribly stupid even though I sound it sometimes. She would always find my ass and it wouldn't ever matter at what age I was. She would threaten to beat my butt too but there again sometimes we mothers are all hot air even throwing out our best threats ;)

Lastly, I've not been spending as much time on facebook as I would in the past. Use to if Tim read something aloud to me about some one's comment I would have already known hours before him. This brings me back to clean house/clean life. He read to me recently about someone messing with someone elses man and how karma will find them. I never comment on stuff like this unless I have just had it and then I'll say something. All I could say to that is if people want to cheat they are going to find a way. It'll be right in front of you, so to speak, or in another town where you won't have a clue but like the comment stated and I'll add my own two cents in just for laughs..Karma is a bitch and if you want to wear those kinds of big people pants you bet your sweet ass you'll get whats coming in the end. People will always try and test your integrity, who you are and see what you're really made of. I know what I'm made of and I'd like to think I know what my hubin is made of or I just haven't been paying attention and in a coma the last almost 3 years.

Now I'm getting overly cranky and this just proves my point in the clean home clean life theory and I'll just say this and wrap it up...You want a clean life well don't be Uncleaning someone elses home. And if you're a good friend Don't be telling people in cyber land because even though I don't know who this person is talking about there will always be some one else that does. To all the teen kids out there..Shut up and listen for once. It saves time and a whole hell of a lot of money and sanity. To Will..GET BETTER. I'm getting claustrophobic in this house and theres never anything good on TV when I want to watch it. To Tim..He'll call and when he does get his drill sargent's name and number and I'll call and tell him a thing or two about making my baby wait. And PS: Remind me of everything I have just said when it's my turn. I don't know what you are feeling but I'm here none the less to see that you always get through difficult times and not face them alone. To my mom..you were right but if you gloat all bets are off. To myself: my house is clean, my life is clean. Things are getting taken care of in a timely manner and as the kids grow up, find their own ways and make their own lives, I'm glad I have someone to share all these moments with and will always appreciate what is not guaranteed..happiness, love, loyalty, life and so much more. Oh, and let's not forget to give credit to duct tape. WONDERFUL invention, that stuff ;)

Now that Will is up and awake it is time to get him a warm but quick bath, clean his sheets and get him to eat something while making a steak dinner for the hubin. He sacrificed a lot this morning by not getting breakfast AND being sweet about not getting it too while I was in rabid dog cleaning mode. Gotta love that ;)

Comments

Donna said…
Wow!!! I'm AM right huh?!!!Hahaa....but then Again, I've Always been right...Always WILL be right...You just make sure to listen....and give Will what he wants....:o)
mammy
Sally said…
There she goes, gloating! Gotta love it.

Sorry I missed this post, my blog list doesn't show when you've updated.

I always LOVE to read what you have to say. Hope by now Will is well and Tim has had the phone call! Just to hear Ty's voice will give him so much relief. I can only imagine!

Take care, Crystal. Love you girl. ((hugs))
Dawn said…
I don't like your blog doesn't update on my blog either ! I wonder what is up with that. Sad about the teen pregnancies.
Jeanette said…
One good thing about slacking on the housework is how nice it looks and how nice it feels when you catch up!

Popular Posts