Month in Review

Well I say, it's been a long while. Only a couple of weeks but I haven't been able to write as of late. About anything. Too much going on upstairs and every time I come over here to start a post I end up drawing a blank. Heart just hasn't been in the writing I guess.

To date there have been quite a few things happening around this way. Ty graduated Air Force boot camp and we got to make the trip to Lackland AFB and join in on QUITE an experience. To say that is an understatement. I loved every aspect of it and got to take part in a boys coming of age and finding his adulthood. I actually did write about the experience after we got back but I was very emotional and it was extremely long so to save everyone a headache I didn't post it. Ty is currently at Sheppard AFB for only a few more weeks and then he will move onto one more state to wrap up his on hands tech training on the C-17 and then he will be stationed in Dover, Delaware.

Ty has had a lot to learn, accept and incorporate into his life now. Before going in he lived at home, had a job and worked part time. He loved running around with his friends, hanging out with family, dove hunting with one of his mom's, riding dirt bikes, golf and spending time out on the lake when he could. Now his world is totally different. Everyone has just a little idea what boot camp is with all the physical training, yelling, being told repeatedly what to do, in your face nonstop, trying to eat what you can within 3 to 5 minutes before being rushed to do something else. To say it is a catastrophic emotional change would be saying it mildly. When seeing and talking to Ty again after 2 months away he was completely different. As the days and conversations went by we could see some of the old him peeking thru. He was very much on edge and "spooked" like as in if the level of noise got up above a certain level he would start panicking telling everyone to please calm down. He would then be looking for one of his Training Instructors to be coming around the corner like he was in trouble.

Now that he is at Sheppard AFB he is a lot more calm. Not having someone in your face every time you turn around helps with that and he says it's more laid back enough so where he can concentrate more on learning what he needs to and not trying to reprogram his attitude. He will do very well and get to experience quite a bit in the next four years. We as his family will always be sending him all our love, hope for the best, prayers for being safe and I imagine goody bags of favorite stuff along the way :)

After sending Ty off to the Air Force and closer to home Samantha turned 16, Tim turned 42 and Sam signed up for drivers ed. For Samantha's 16th we all celebrated it with her by getting everyone together at a local and very good steak house. For Tim we spent time doing things he wanted to do, eating good food and a little shopping. Just spending time together and winging it. As for Sam starting drivers ed, her first class will be this evening. It'll take 3 weeks. She'll have her permit for 6 months before being allowed to apply for the license and then after obtaining one she will be on probation for one year. State law now. Only one friend in the vehicle, no being out driving between the hours of 10pm-5am and definitely no cell usage. Big step for her and a HUGE "oh shi*t" moment for me. MY baby is growing up. What's the world coming to....

Tim is leaving today for Dallas with meetings and then off to Atlanta, Georgia for work. He'll be back Thursday night I think and while he's away I'll get all my house cleaning done, take Sam to all her Driver's Ed appointments and make sure Will brushes his head, butt and feet before bedtime, lol! Oh, and make sure Pepe doesn't hog the bed at night, eat up all the treats and doesn't end up throwing himself into a mini depression thinking Tim has hightailed it for the hills. Friday we will leave to go to Sheppard AFB and see Ty. We'll be taking him his truck and whatever else he needs now that after this week he will be able to go off base and needs a cheaper way to do it. There are cabs that are constantly on base and I bet they charge a pretty penny to get you to and from.

Sunday will be Tim and I's FIRST anniversary. I have to say that with us being together 3 years this June it seems like we've been married just as long. We have spent almost every day from day one, together. Seriously. So to say that we've only been married one year is kind of weird. He screamed yesterday while relaxing in the living room that it's our 1 year anniversary baby!! This is the first time I've ever been married ONE YEAR!!!! I busted out laughing and agreed with him. Silently thinking that it better be the ONLY first time, first marriage, ONLY marriage thing for you or I will use said duct tape that I save for the kids and find a creative use for it with him if he ever thinks of leaving. Oh I so would too;)

Comments

Sally said…
I just love it when you post!

It sounds as though Ty is settling in, and I'm sure he is so ready to have his truck again!

When Patti was in school, they didn't have driver's ed. I couldn't teach her how to drive; nope!! You know, Mom's don't know anything. lol But, a friend of mine helped her; the first time I was in the backseat and I started hollering and screaming "let me out of this **#@ car!" :)

I know it's a scary prospect for you as Sam's mother, but it'll be okay as long as she learns defensive driving, keeps both hands on the wheel.

Have a safe trip this weekend. I love you, little girl. And, congratulations on your anniversary. ((hugs))
Donna said…
Lots on your plate, huh kiddo...BUT...Happy Anniversary to you and Tim!
Love you both!
mammy.....
~Shelly~ said…
I agree!! Alex is now a completely different person and we knew it before he even said 2 words. He is a much better man now & I am sooo glad he decided to take this HUGE step in life. Ty won't regret anything from it. I wish all boys would have to at least go through boot camp! Alex was also looking for that drill instructor to come bite his head off too! It's just one of those things! Alex is about to graduate his combat training course next week and after a short time at home again he will be stationed in Twentynine Palms, Cali for a good while. After that we don't know yet. We miss him terribly but are glad he's off making his country proud! I bet Ty is one great Airman.. a special thanks goes out to him!!

Popular Posts