That's what it's all about

When you think of life, love, relationships and anything else you can think of, what makes it all worth it to you? Anyone ever think about that? I did today when I was having a Superwoman moment and trying to get to everyone in a timely manner and get them what they needed. Two weeks ago Sam and I were talking and I offered to bring her lunch the following week. I ended up not doing what I told her I would and in conversation with her yesterday I told her that I would drop off something for her today for her lunch. She asked me this morning as I was running out the door, late for work. William was in the living room and overheard our mini conversation but said nothing. As soon as the words left her mouth I snapped back YES, I will bring you lunch. And ran for the car.

As I was leaving, Tim was also making his way to his car, having to go into work early because of being understaffed at work. He's normally outside sales but here lately he's been having to run the business from a desk, phone and his computer. To say that he might be a little stressed would be an understatement. He still has to do all things business inside as well as try and take care of outside companies he physically checks on on a weekly basis. Seeing as how the company he works for is world wide he deals with many people on a daily basis. Email, texts, phone calls, meetings, conference calls, business trips and all while adding his own person and professional touch by going to these companies and making sure everything is running smoothly.

SO, he was stuck in the office again today and as I was pulling out I asked if he needed lunch too. Over hearing mine and Sam's conversation as well, he declined that I wouldn't have time and he would take care of it. I told him I could do it. He told me he would call me later. Fine fine..and off to work I went. NOT being late when I pulled up at three minutes until seven. Have I stated before I don't like being late??

As I dash to work and yes, doing the speed limit...barely, I replayed the mornings events. Tim and I were to get up early and hit the gym before work. Didn't happen. Tim got into watching a good episode of Justified that didn't get over until 10, then a little news and then a mean but quick game of Words with Friends while I picked up Sam from driver's ed, piddled around the house a bit, took a quick bath, said my good nights to the kids and as well, played a quick round of Words with Friends. Then when the lights went out Tim and I had to laugh and play with Pepe while he Ninja like used his stealthily skills to take his place in the bed. Which usually means Tim on one side of the bed, me on the other with the cute lil furred turd monkey smack dab in the middle hogging the bed. Last night though Tim and I ganged up on him while he tried squeezing his way up. The damn dog is NOT a dog at all. He knows things, he remembers things and he is as sneaky as the best of them but with a huge difference, he loves unconditionally and makes anything sneaky all worth it.

As I was saying, no gym time this morn. I wake up, make a mad dash for the phone/alarm, crawl back in bed and ask, " Tim...Hey...U going to the gym???" Tim not yelling but pushing his point states, "NO." It brings a smile to my face and my fingers redo the alarm and snuggling up for a little extra shut eye. And boy did I get some. I ended up getting up late and rushing to get out of the house. As I do this Tim gets up earlier than normal and gets going as well. We exchange friendly banter that escalates to me pouring cold water on him while he was unsuspecting. Agging on his retaliation is just something that brings out the fiestiness in me and I think I did the cold water trick more than once after he states that I better not do that again....Could YOU help it either?!?!

Okay, okay...my point. Ever the long winded one. I felt bad about snapping at Sam when she just asked a question. Why did I snap? I didn't want Will to get his feelings hurt because I wasn't bringing him lunch as well. There have been many times I do this with the both of them but I don't talk about it because I do it at separate times. If I do for one at a later date I will do for the other. But..Will said nothing. He can gripe if the mood arises but it's really not that often. So, I will make it a point to bring him Subway today for his dinner and do it in front of Sam. Letting her know that eventually if she gets, so does he.

So what the hell is the point to my long winded story?? As I make a mad dash on my lunch hour to my home town, pick up three sandwiches, drop one off at Sam's school, drive another 20 minutes the opposite direction to Tim's work so he would remember to eat something today (he tends to forget to eat..) I run in his work, say hello to the out of town boss that came down to check on things and turn the corner to Tim's office to see him look up and smile at me while saying, "drop off? No you're staying!" (I had told out of town guy as I passed him I was just making a drop off.) Just the look and smile before he said anything made the whole day so worth it. All the franticness and worry, gone. What I took away from the look that he gave as I entered the room was like him saying out loud, "Even after all this time it's still so nice to see you." Now granted, I was a little hurried so that look could have meant, "Damn, am I getting this for the next 50 years??!!" Lol!


All in all That's what it's all about. I don't know about the rest of you but I think about loosing the best people in my life very often. Ways that I can treat them special and loved like no one else and praying it's enough to keep the love just as strong through the worst of times. For Tim to do that one little gesture and for it to be genuine (not saying he isn't other times, lol) means so much. It helps build the confidence that I'm doing something right. That I can make someone happier than anyone else can and that at the end of the day when I may have pouted about not getting to see him or talk to him throughout a busy day he's had, I know that for as long as he wants me, he's all mine and there will be many, many more moments to share. Makes going home at the end of the day worth it :)


Now, let's go in mom's office and see how I can torement, I mean, make her feel loved...Like I said, that's what it's all about;0))

Comments

Donna said…
I'm STILL FRIKKEN' WAITING HERE.....!!!
HELLO?
:o(
mammy
Sally said…
I'm sorry; missed this post somehow. I believe what you're saying is "little things mean a lot". Right?

You didn't torment Mammy? Shame on you, Crystal!! That's your job you know!! If I was there, I'd first serve her a Peach Tea Crystal Light, then we'd both gain up on her. :)

Have a great week! ((hugs))
Sally said…
Gang up, not gain up. OOPs!
~Shelly~ said…
As the song goes... "You're Gunna Miss This!"
Sally said…
Hey!!!

We need some more words of wisdom here!

When you get time!

Love you lots!! :)

Popular Posts