Oiy...

Well, what to write about today...Hm, shall I start with the allergic reaction to a tshirt I had Sunday, the Benadryl hang over I had yesterday, my motivation to workout again last night or my pouting and grumpiness towards my husband all because of a pillow...How about this. I tell a little about all of them and you just like the one that makes you smile the most, kay? Ahem... Tim met Ty in Dallas for the Supercross. All I wanted was a Chad Reed signature. There ended up being a 2 hour wait for said signature so he thought of me sweetly and brought back a Chad Reed tshirt instead. I jumped up and down when he gave it to me like it was Christmas and later on that afternoon, put it on. A while later I notice I was itching on the inside of my arm. I look at it and think it's a mosquito bite and so I just don't itch it and go on about what I was doing. A little while later I catch myself itching my other arm and then rubbing the sides of my chest and as I jump up to go strip in front of the mirror (I know, scary thought. Won't mention details) I think to myself "what now?!" And yes, upon inspection I was having an allergic reaction....Um honey? Where's the benadryl??? I don't think I really asked him but I might have said that sarcastically to myself thinking why do I always get the allergic reactions? I can't stand taking meds anyway and I really don't like this one. Knocks me smooth out and then I have a "hangover" from it the next day. So yes, I wake up Monday morning feeling like I just went out on a drinking benge. And the kicker is is that I poured 3/4 of the powder out of the capsule before taking it. If I would have taken the whole thing I probably would just now be getting up from my drug induced slumber. So, I have the shirt up for washing this afternoon when I get home and will test it out again after it's washed to see if I have any other reaction to it. The last time I had an all out allergic reaction was quite some time ago. (like this anyway) I ended up walking with my parents into the local ER on a Saturday night right when a shooting had occurred and had crazed families looking at me like I was the spawn of the elephant man. I wasn't pretty to look at with the snot, tears and slobber pooling as I walked on the sides of my feet nor was it normal the wheezing from lack of oxygen I was getting due to my throat closing up the ol air wave. Glad mom wasn't into photography like she is now... As yesterday went by I started shaking off the remnants of the night before and all the joys it brought. After a meeting at one of the kids schools I was off to the gym to make myself workout. Oh, I wasn't motivated at all, thinking here we go again, another day another mile with me inwardly snarling like a savage lunatic wolf that I can't believe I let myself go and for this long WITH spring and summer right on top of us. Shorts, what's that? I was just getting use to all the black wind pants and long sleeved shirts covering everything and the proverbial foot tapping of the husband at why the heck am I covering myself up?! And I quote, "I'd like to see my wife again.." Lol, me too.... And yes, in the back of my mind when I swim past all the self pity and laziness I do know that I only have one person to blame...The dog. Lol, fine, myself. And I look back on all the times I have been on cloud nine, feeling great and getting to wear my cute clothes I like to wear with cute flip flops or wedge heels. Looking good for my man and feeling sassy doing it. So what went wrong I want to know...Easy. I did, as always... So I hit the gym yesterday afternoon. Went to do the same old routine and ended up doing a workout routine that Tim and I use to do when we were still somewhat "new." I use to love going to the gym and working out with him. I still do when we can both get up there at the same time but even then as of late if we were there at the same time I was doing my thing and he was doing his. But in reality I was being lazy while working out, not wanting to feel the burn and all along he was the one getting those kick ass workouts in and getting the results while doing it. Have I mentioned I can be somewhat stubborn? Yep, the writing is all over the walls and I'm finally holding myself accountable. And besides that if I don't go when I need to then I end up not going at all. Get me home longer than an hour when I'm spitting nails to go workout and I just won't go. I'll refuse every time..Did I mention I'm bull headed too? Crap.. Anyway, I hit the gym and jump back into the past to when I was actually trying and it worked out that when I walked out of there or more like swayed from side to side bouncing off things trying to stand up straight and not fall over I was energized. I had so much energy and energy that I haven't had in quite some time that I didn't even mind all the running around before, in between and after my workout. So energized that when I went back up there to talk to Tim that I actually didn't cry like a baby, stomp my foot, pout, lie my way out of it or just flat out refuse to do the "ab" workout he was fixing to do. I walked back there to the matt and did everything that he did. May not have done as many reps (he's a lot more fit than I am) as him but the operative phrase is is that I tried. Brownie point for me I guess, lol. So then, the best for last...Tim and I woke up at 4:45 so we could hit the gym at 5. A decent enough hour with people actually there working out while we are. But through out the night I some how got grumpy and when I woke up I was in an all out snit. Why? Cause there was a flipping pillow in between Tim and I. All I can say for myself is that I don't sleep well if I'm not touching Tim or he's not touching me. Whether it be a foot against my leg or a hand on his back or arm or whatever the case may be. I just flat out get cranky damnit! REALLY!! To say that I wasn't if not more shocked than Tim was this morning when I go to wake him up and he asks if I'm grumpy. What do I do?! Flat out shoot back that "yes, I am grumpy!" Tim's look on his face (the poor thing) was like, "what the hell did I do? I've been asleep for the past 8 hours for crying out loud?!" But only gently and it sounded like very cautiously (??) asking me why?? Dear?? Lol!!! Poor guy, next thing I know I told him it was because of that damn pillow in the bed acting like the great wall of flipping China and I didn't like it one bit. I swear, I swear. I was in an all out pout/tantrum and I shocked myself enough to think to myself, "oh bloody freaking hell...I just put myself in the dog house..." Tim manned up though. Told me there was no reason to start a fight while I looked at him like "gimme that freaking pillow so I can shred the hell out of it and there won't be one." And then he got up to do his thing while I was slithering around like Medusa stalking my prey. All I can say in my defense is that at least I cared enough to get mad. Sounds stupid but it's true. This just reminds me that even in sleep I need my husband. He makes me feel safe, secure and loved while we are awake and he does that while we sleep too. And to that, that's all I got. I haven't talked to him since this morning. He's probably knee deep in work and training a new employee that started yesterday or he could be avoiding me just in case my horns, tail and fire breathing tongue hasn't left my person yet. Fine, fine. I guess I'll go to the gym and take my time on weights and cardio. So much so that even if I wanted to say something I'd be too winded too...I'm still wondering why he married me....sheesh.

Comments

Sally said…
Oh Lord, you are NOT still wondering why he married you! Crazy woman! :)

That allergic reaction stuff is scary, and I can't take benedryl either!

(And, just wanted to mention (I'll probably get shot for this) lol But, Crystal Light has hardly any caffeine and isn't any worse than diet soda's which a lot of people drink. At any rate, it's better for me because I'm not drinking 6 cokes a day). Okay, bye bye.

Love ya!! :)
Crystal said…
Sally girl, Lol, 6 cokes is way worse than Crystal Light in my book! And yes, that benedryl or however u spell it is some nasty stuff! Hope u have a great day today!!!
Donna said…
....you are BOTH little Tarts...just saying...;o)
mammy
Unknown said…
this is hilarious because the whole time I am picturing PePe in the bed saying "thank god, I am not that pillow"...lol! And when you said Brownie points that just made me want a brownie not to work out...but I got that pic of your arms and here i go...wish me luck my first day of P90x....this may be my last post for awhile..lol
Crystal said…
Mom...dork :)

Aubrey, lol! That does sound good doesn't it? And let me know how the p90x works out for ya! Keep ur phone on ya just incase when u hit the floor and can't get up u'll have ur phone to call for help!!! LOL!!!

Popular Posts