Self Reflection

So, anyone take a good look in the mirror and see perfection at it's finest? Well, I don't know about you but I never have and I hope to the Lord above I never will. The day that I think I am perfect is the day I get checked into the funny farm for delusions.

I read a quote today about having patience and that when we lose our patience with others we might need that steady, everyday reminder that God has always kept his patience with us. Well, he has in my opinion. I'm not dead yet and standing in front of him while I glance up to him with his hands on hips and foot just a tappin. I'm still here, amongst the living, trying to learn all those 101 life lessons before checking out.

I have spent and will spend my life wondering, learning and accepting why I am here. Inwardly I always catch myself saying, "Well DUH, to learn" while also trying to figure out and actually DO it at the same time I am learning it. THAT'S the hard part. Doing it. All the time. No slipping or handing out empty excuses on why I didn't. Sheesh. We as adults like to tell our kids that in order to become an adult when half the time we act like kids ourselves. We can be just as uncaring, selfish and petty but we don't get to use the excuse that we didn't know. We do, we just like to hide behind the title "ADULT" way too much that we get lazy in how we treat others.

I see it everyday at home because my family is far from perfect and I don't want them to be and everyday outside in the world. I, for one, can say that I'm a hypocrite. But now that I say that it's my fault if I don't DO something to change it, no one elses. Anyway, just a little outward banter to get this post going since I haven't been around in a bit.

Everyone is OK and still breathing. Tim has been working quite a bit at work and even when he gets home. He has lost 15 pounds with a little elbow grease and determination. Sam has finally completed getting her drivers license and Will has even announced that next year he will be trying out for the Jr. High football team. Which was a shocker but it just goes to prove my point that in not forcing someone to do what they think they don't want to, eventually if tried, they'll find out they may just like it or even just give it a chance. Mom and dad have even gotten out of their comfort zone and taken a trip to New Mexico with mom coming back pretty impressed that her and dad both lost a few pounds and got to see some scenery and spend some time with his parents.

Tim and I loaded up the kids this past Saturday at took them to the drag races. Something we all have never done and I'm glad we did. It was a very exciting experience as the cars and bikes ran by as some of them topping out at 319 mph you were actually feeling the vibration throughout your body leaving you wide eyed and grinning. We laughed most times as the cars would come by and catch people off guard, making them jump at being scared and as we walked around we just blended into the thousands of other people enjoying the day. As the day went on though it got quite warm and tiring as we heard from the peanut gallery (kids) more than once that they were tired. All part of it I guess. At one point Will and I tried and accomplished walking out into the sea of vehicles to find ours. It felt like we were gone FOREVER but with neither of us giving up or griping about not finding it we eventually did and on the way back to the stands William mapped out exactly where our truck was and lead us back to it at the end of the day with no problem. I was a little amazed that he remembered but he did indeed.

So, another Monday, another month coming to an end. Saturday is October 1st and the year is rapping up. 2011 just seems to be going faster than any other year that I have lived so far. Anyway, hopefully with the year wrapping up it'll bring with it a touch of cold and rainy weather that we need tremendously. So, until next time, have a wonderful day~

Comments

Sally said…
Always so good to see you,Crystal. You guys stay busy!! I used to love going to the drag races around here back in the LONG AGO!! Then, it was old cars, young people out in the woods. Now, it's old people watchin' on tv. :)

Have a wonderful day! Tell Mammy she's a meanie. LOL

Popular Posts