So, I just thought I would jump over here and write a little something. Finally got caught up and now looking out the window and seeing all the rain clouds, hopefully we'll be blessed with some of the rain. We're finally busy at work. For the last few weeks the phones have hardly been ringing but today they've picked up quite a bit. I hope it stays that way.

Christmas is coming. Thanksgiving before that. Family is already starting to buy gifts and this year I finally know what I want to get people. Sam's not really asking for too much. May have something to do with her dad and step mom getting her a vehicle and it's not really carrying over to the other families. Oh, shes marked a few items in magazines but I think she is finally growing out of that ME, ME, ME thing around the holidays. And even if the holidays weren't in the picture, here as of late she hasn't asked for things like she has in years past. How do I know this? Well for one my pocketbook tells me so every time I look at it. Secondly I have just a little more money so I don't have to rob Peter to pay Paul so much. Oh yes, school and lunches and gas is still there but that's just all part of it. I don't mind doing it though. Shes making good grades and not giving near the amount of headaches and hell as she once was not too long ago.

And then there's Will. Lol, what to say about Will except he's still the fun loving loud boy I know and love. As he grows he's getting more and more expensive too. I noticed the other day that the clothes that I just bought him for school this year won't make it too much longer. He's growing...up...and I don't like it much. With too many of my friends and even the kids step mom having wee ones it makes me look at my youngest and miss all the firsts I shared with the both of them. It was down right crazy going through all of them with Sam, not knowing what to expect but with Will it was a time to know and just laugh through most of them. I do miss the kids being little. When they couldn't walk or talk it was a blessing just to sit there and hold them. Look at them for hours while they were sleeping. Remembering how they use to get tickled over the simplest of things and even how I use to cope with raising them. Granted I didn't have much hair left after raising Sam through some tough years and with Will it only allowed me to regrow the hair back getting ready for Sam to once again test my limits and put us through the ringer so hopefully as my hair regrows while Will gets ready for teen life I can sit and enjoy everything just for a couple of breaths longer.

Tim is already getting that twinkle in his eyes as the holidays creep up on us once again. He's already run threw the house, yelled in the phone and said more than once, "I WENT CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!!" With me just rolling my eyes and shaking my head. This year it was Tim that came up with what to get dad and we have both been hounding mom relentlessly on what we can get her. She's of the stubborn sort so I finally came up with something that she would both like and use and it has nothing to do with robes or electronics. Tim has apparently already gotten things for me, Sam and Will as well. Mom got him a little something that he probably, more than likely already knows about but the present I am getting him, he hasn't a clue. And I intend to keep it that way.

Tim goes in for a little out patient surgery this Friday. Seems a while back when Ty was first shipped off to his first Air Force base after boot camp he took us bowling there on the base and ended up having to take Tim to the ER for over extending his arm trying to beat us all. Apparently he tore the tendons away from his elbow/arm in the process so he has to go and get a little procedure done that will have him being able to use it more than he can now. As of right now he can't even play golf and seeing as how I don't play I do miss going out to watch him, spitting sun flower seeds all over the place and driving the cart like I'm at NASCAR.

I was on Facebook the other day. Looking through old pictures of last year. I've gained a total of 15 pounds since those pics were taken and I can't get them off. Of coarse, everyone says that I now look a lot healthier than I did but if I could at least get off 8 I'll be good. And of coarse the damn holidays with it's yummy foods and ever the plenty bowls of candy and such are already being set out. I really wish I had a key to turn off that side of my brain that says if you crave it, go ahead and eat it then. Drives me nuts sometimes. I'm not as hard on myself as I use to be though. I look at myself back then versus now and I'm not panicking as I use to. Maybe that means I'm growing up too.

So anyway, that's about it for me. Maybe I'll come back again tomorrow and think up something else to write about. Like what I've been eating and cooking and thinking about cooking or getting someone else to cook or oh looky there isn't that yummy or oh hell piss on it lets go to Dairy Queen and get that chocolate covered strawberry waffle bowl...well it was good...both times I ate it;) Have a good day everyone!

Comments

Donna said…
Well thank God...I thought I was going to have to stuff cotton in y'alls mouths...I don't NEED anything except...you.
mammy
Sally said…
Great post, Crystal. I really do miss you when I don't "see" you in a while. Facebook is okay, but not like blogging. :)

I just said a little prayer for Tim, and the surgery. I'd love to see you driving that golf cart. LOL

Christmas? Where have I been? :)

Popular Posts