When I get older

I've just figured out what I'm going to do when I get older...Like up in my 70, 80 and 90's. I'm going to cry a lot. OK, so I don't lose anyone I'll tell you a short (and I do mean short) story.

A little old lady calls the shop this morning. We tried multiple times yesterday to get a service tech out to fix her problem. She wasn't ever home. SO, since that time we've gotten quite busy and have had to fit her in when we can and it may be tomorrow when we can get over there. I tell her this when she calls this morn. And what does she do? She cries....I am SUCH a sucker....lol! I told her we would try to get her today. Now, I realise that there are people, no matter the age, out there that when faced with change or something not working out the way they thought, they freak. I use to do this all the time when I was younger. It just freaked me the hell out, the world as I knew it was forever changed and my coping skills sucked big time leaving me wondering what the heck I was doing here anyway if everything I had planned just kept getting changed.

Forward to present day: Just roll with it. Things are going to change. It's called life and to me, life is change. Somethings change for the good, some not. BUT, when trying to deal with this change if you start crying through it all one of TWO things are going to happen...every...damn...time.

1- You start crying to people that just could care less. Their lives are more important and if they were to try and fit you in and screw up the schedule it might cause them to actually sweat it out and make sure every one gets taken care of. But, in the end you lose, they ain't budging, so sorry for you, see ya when we can get ya.

ORRRRRR.......

2- You get soft hearted suckers like me that can HEAR the sincerity in their cry and know that YOU are the cause of their world turning upside down OR their everlasting salvation. Holy Great Mother of God I can't bring myself to be this woman's doom so I cave....Like I said. I'm a sucker...

See? Short story...And if you thought that was long well, you don't know what I can really do when it comes to putting words on here. Maybe one day I'll do just that. Moving on....

SAMANTHA GOT A J-O-B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Lol, I love this picture of her. She gets bored a lot at home so she finds creative ways to pass the time, don't you think? ;) She will be starting her new job next week when she starts her training at a local girls clothing shop that is right up Sam's alley. She loves clothing, thinks she can dress anyone and actually DOES have good taste in clothing, jewelry and other female accessories. Three days a week and every other Saturday. For her first EVER REAL JOB this couldn't be more perfect. Plus, it's right up the road from where we live!!!

And yes...she told me yesterday when I came home and the SUCKER that I am...I cried....Sheesh...

Comments

Donna said…
Well, when YOU got YOUR first job, I asked if I could come with you and you said...well...I really don't think you wanted me there either...Hahaaa...
Remember when we sat on the patio wondering what she'd be like when she turned 5?Hahaaaa
Just roll with it kiddo...She'll do Good!
mammy
Sally said…
Yay for Sam! She'll do great at her new job, and from the photo's I've seen, she really does dress cute.

I'm a sucker too especially when seeing someone suffer, and know there's not a darn thing I can do about it except pray.

Yep, life is change, for real.

(hugs)
Donna said…
I cry more now that I am older. It's really happened in the last 10 years or so. Why? Chronic pain. I can manage most of the time and put on a happy face, but when I get stressed out, the water works just start. I can't help it. So consider that when you have older folks that call up and start crying.

And that's great news about Samantha! Congrats to her! Her own moola... she'll like that!
Jeanette said…
Hey welcome back to blogging! Your posts aren't coming up on my Google Reader for some reason. Gotta check that out! I loved this post because I always said when I hit my 70's, 80's or 90's I was gonna STOP crying about every little thing! Congratulation on Samantha getting a job. She'll love having her own money (and so will you!) I remember when my daughter got her first job as a hostess in a restaurant. We went to eat there one day and I went to give her a hug and she told me no! So what did I do? I cried!! Fun times!!
Sally said…
P.S. I can't get your blog to come up on the reader either for some reason.

Have a HAPPY DAY!!
Crystal said…
Mom, but...thats when I wasn't driving yet so it was enough that you picked me up every time, lol!

Sally girl, Oh I can't stand to see people suffer and I get 10 times worse if I am the reason. And I think it must be blogger because my reader wasn't updating either?

Donna, I understand what ur saying and thats why I just knew something was wrong because I could sense it in her voice. I don't like making people upset and wasn't meaning this post in a bad way, I hope you know that. And thank you, I will tell Sam u said congrats, she WILL like that money coming in!

Jeanette, Thank you!! And I don't know what is going on with the google reader. Mine is acting up too. And yes, mine was at a restaurant as well and I thought it was the biggest deal so I can imagine what Sam is thinking about her first job!!
Dawn said…
Awwwwwww, how sweet. Not having kids, this makes me get ponds in my eyes. I watched Sam and William grow up. I can't believe this is old enough to drive, work a job and go to school. I know it is part time, etc., but really ?!?!?! WOW !! Now, that you aren't friends with me, I can't see her pictures. You will have to post a recent picture of Sam, I know she is beautiful !! :)

*HUGS*

Popular Posts