Is it still Monday?

Well it sure feels like it. I think it must be the heat here in Texas that is getting everyone cranky. And I can't be cranky because everyone else is and I'm like, OK...I could have and actually started to get cranky this morning at work while reading an article online. Some things just get my goat and this article was one of them where I see red. But did I get cranky? No. Why? Because I didn't have to if I didn't want to, lol! So many outside things, people or situations set the scene for you to either suck it up and go on or lose it all over the place and who ever comes in your line of fire there after.

I read the article, watched the video and my blood was boiling. Then I got to thinking about my sucky inner attitude. Can I do anything concerning what I was reading about this certain person? No. Can I do anything at all concerning this situation dealing with this person and how he is a creep and hurt people? No. Then why should I get upset? Well, I know why I could get upset but was I going to allow myself to because if I did I would take my anger out on the wrong person, someone that didn't deserve it or just plain have a not so good day. Nah, I'll pass thanks. I figure this happened to these people for a reason and the injured party will either take care of the problem at hand or deal with it in their own way while hopefully learning something. Oh, the one who caused all the mess did learn something but I don't think it's very positive. Maybe just learned how to be a better sneak and lier. What do ya do....

So, moving on..We are hopefully getting another addition to our family. NO I am not with child and you should be ashamed to even think like that. NO more kids for me thanks. I love the 2 kids I have dearly and will kill, maim and defend them until my own passing but I'm good with just that many. Sam's 16 and Will is fixing to be 12 next month. Me turning 38 in a few weeks leaves me with the feelings that I don't need any more kids. Why? I don't like them, lol!!! Isn't that a sad thing to say?! I just figured this out recently too. We were out to eat and the table next to us had a toddler and said toddler was crying and my innards were spazzing out. I'm pretty sure they were doing this with the two I have when they were that age so at least I know I'm not prejudice or anything, lol!!! Now kids that belong to people I know is a different story so I'm wondering if I should be calling myself half a hypocrite? Oh well, problem for another time. Any-way...this new addition is of the four legged variety and she is a total cutie and her name is Mandy.

After I get off from work I'll go get the kids, pick up Pepe and run over to the animal rescue shelter that I have been visiting as of late. Tim took me there last month and then I took the kids over the weekend. How did I make my choice? Well I looked every where. The paper, online shelters around the area, the rescue place I just told you about, craigs list and even the shelters. But I always came back to Mandy. The rescue shelter had a sign on her cage that said special needs. As in she didn't do well with kids and she has back end bone issues. Well, I went there over the weekend to take a look at another lil cutie but I ended up spending an hour in an observation room with her, an employee who spends a lot of quality time with her and the kids. Oh and she was a biter. Over the course of the hour I learned that she was a biter when they first got her because she was 3 months old (which means she was a pup that like to nip and bite, duh) and apparently had been abused. She is now a year old and didn't bite any of us the whole time. And the thing about not liking kids?? A sham...she LOVED William! And as for the back leg bone problems hopefully she'll grow out of it. I've talked to a friend of mine that her two pugs have the same issues and they are now 14 and are doing fine. SO, we're taking Pepe up there with us to see how well they mesh together. I see no problems but just to make sure he'll go with us. If we do come back with her I'll post pics either here or on FB. Don't want to jinx it by doing it now, just showing my intent to try today, lol!!!

Comments

Tonya said…
Today was a horrible day, but your right there is really very little you can do to change it, just how you react to it. My inner self is crushed and well yeah today sucked to say the least. I am so happy you are saving a puppy, i hope that it proves to be a good match and Maggie has a new loving home. Can't wait to hear more.

Sorry I have been MIA for so long.
Dawn said…
I am so happy for you saving Mandy !! :) *HUGS*
Sally said…
Wait!!! Whar's my comment? :)

Okay then, as usual I enjoy your writing Crystal; do some more!!

((hugs))

Popular Posts