Time Marches On...

Wow, 38 years old. It really doesn't seem like I should be that old. Not saying it's old at all but I'm still thinking about being a teen again and even though a lot has changed, a lot HASN'T. If that makes any sense. I normally don't...make sense that is, but you get the gist of it anyway.

I remember when I was in my 20's I didn't think I would live to see my 30's. No reason for it but lets just say I was in a totally different mindset and go from there. Then I actually made it to 30 and W-O-W. It's like life just "clicked." The day I turned 30 I found myself headed to divorce court and being a single mom. It's like life just pushed me out the door and yelled, " Hope ya make it out there!!!" I found the first few years unsteady but it was all doable. I mean it, it was something about turning thirty that made me realise life was fixing to be good. That I was fixing to start figuring a lot about A LOT out about me and life and everything was going to work out.

It did. Work out I mean. I figured out what I didn't know about myself before turning 30. What I was made of and how to add to it. I'm still adding to it and as I look at the number 38 I see how quickly time really does go by. Now, I turn the page on the last 37 years and find myself that much more closer to my 40's. Sometimes it's like I see everyone around me having birthdays year after year and am like, "well good for them." While I go on year after year and not think about age. Oh I see it everyday I look in the mirror. Whereas I use to look and then LOOK again and then smash my face into the mirror LOOKING again and again wondering when the hell did THAT happen?! Now, I look, one eyebrow goes up, then turn, look again and walk out of the bathroom going, "Eh..." Aging is something you either embrace or freak out about and I'm not into freaking out about stuff of this nature. I've got kids so there's always something better to freak me out now, lol! That doesn't mean I don't growl quite a bit but I can't complain too much. It's either shut up and do something about it or...just shut up. So that's when I just silently whine as I rip the clothes off cause they don't fit any longer and shove them up under the damn bed for Pepe to snuggle up next to while eating his favorite bone or something while making green eyed psycho looks and mumbling under my breath at anyone wanting to know why my panties are in a bunch. Figuratively speaking that is...

So, sitting there in the car driving the other day with the kids and as I pull into Bush's to get yet another sweet tea it hits me that after my birthday I'm stopping with the sweet tea thing. And, a lot more while my mind was on that line of thinking. Sam and I have stopped going to the gym to work with the trainer. I was starting to bulk more than what my original slim and tone thoughts were wanting and over longer than a few months I don't see spending the money. If i were to compete in something yes but not for getting me into a routine. So, this month of June has mainly been about me turning 38 and facing the years to come and just taking an all over break from health and fitness. I've eaten what I've wanted to, when ever I wanted to. Had however many sweet tea's and yummy desserts and not exercised at all. I've even shot my hubin the eViL eye a time or two when he would mention going to workout all the while waving him goodbye with a kiss and a hug, lol!

There's something about this age for me that's making an impression on me and even though I have the rest of my life to see what it is I can't help but pay attention now. I'm feeling good things of coarse and I see lots of things mentally and physically changing for the better. I think every now and again it's OK to just let go and just be. Just not for too long or those temporary bad habits tend to stick and that's never a good thing if you are trying to better living life.

So, my Birthday Month of June celebrating is wrapping up. Like I said, something about this birthday is tickling the back of my mind enough to say pay attention and that's what I plan on doing. Maybe I'll on a daily basis from now on give a little summary of slight or major changes along with thoughts, rants and laughs. It's called taking time and if I can make just a little for eating yummy foods I can for sharing thoughts and making others smile. That's always very uplifting. So, today is my 38Th birthday.


Happy Birthday to me....:o)

Comments

Sally said…
You always make me smile, Crystal. 38 is a wonderful age, and I think you're "doing it" with style and grace as you do everything else in your life.

Just continue being who you are, and the world will be your oyster.

Love you lots!!
Donna said…
It all goes by SO fast! Just make lots of laughing memories...Hug lots...Tell them you love them...Make sure your door is Always open to them...honor your mammy and pappy and bring them lots of....ooops, sorry...but you get the idea. Laugh, Love and Live!!! There's NO other way to "get through it"....
And I'm grateful for every wrinkle I get....
LOVE you Babygirl...
Mammy

Popular Posts