Fall Back




Well, it looks like Fall is upon us. With setting our clocks back and the cold wind and icy rain falling, it really does feel more like fall, finally, this year. With Halloween just passing in the new home we are experiencing all the Holidays for the first time it seems. Tim and I sat out on the walkway and waited for the little kids to walk up, yell, "TRICK OR TREAT!" so we can be all excited and make a big to do about what they were all wearing. The only thing that got me about it was the teens walking up not even in costumes, wanting candy. You want candy, wear a dang costume....

Thanksgiving will be here before you know it. Lots of people are doing the 30 days of Being thankful and I love reading about what is in others hearts. I can't say that I've done this but maybe once in my life. Maybe I'll do it now in A "2 part" kind of thing. We are becoming, me included, such a pessimistic world, that hopefully I can think of more good than bad. And then keep it that way.... Here goes:

I am thankful for....

1- God (He is the beginning and the end. The reason for everything, is he not? No explanation really needed for Him;)

2-  Parents (I got the best two outta the whole bunch)

3- Kids (I wouldn't trade these two for any other. They drive me bat crap crazy sometimes but they are my mini Me's, so to speak. I kinda like me too)

4- Husband (He loves me. I'm a very hard person to Love sometimes)

5- Step-son (He's always wanted to listen even when I didn't want to talk. He's kinda cool like that)

6- Them 2 crazy pups (They are all little angels. I just wish they could stay longer)

7-  Early morning sunrises (second chances come every beautiful morning we're granted to wake)

8- Books (My imagination was so wild and crazy when I was young. I am so glad I still have it and get so caught up in someone else's. I love the adventures I go on every time I "open" a book)

9- Food (You really thought I would leave THAT out??)

10- Good health (So me and all my family have been blessed. Very grateful for that)

11- Finally Smoke free (Never really thought I would or could say that I don't smoke anymore. It's a love/hate relationship but I'm glad to have stopped)

12- Friends (I only keep a select few but they happen to be some kinda special)

13- Traveling (Being able to travel and see the wonders God has created is an awesome thing. I hope my kids get to go and do as much as possible in their own lives)

14- Grandparents (Cause I sure do miss them)

15- Just being alive (Sometimes it's just hard living life. We get so caught up in all the negative things that are going on and it starts to consume. But for the most part, when we finally make it out the other side of despair and all of that, It's a wondrous thing. To be able to pay attention not of ones self but others. The world outside ones own window. To notice. To be curious. To seek the meanings of so much that is in question. To me, this is how change is so possible. Oh yes, life happens with or without us but when we help it along we learn so much and it's not so hard going along for the ride;)

So, that's my first half of "Being Thankful" and it really does take some thought. It's sad but it does take more time and thought to come up with good things than the bad. Isn't that so sad????

This sure is Hot Chocolate weather. This "Fall Back" stuff has my feet and fingers a tad bit cold and I really will miss the hot summer days and sitting by the swimming pool getting my tan on. But...As much as I love me some hot chocolate I'll take that for a few months. Maybe even along with some nice hot chili. Chicken and Dumplings. Warm blankets and good movies. PINTEREST.... Need I say more?? ;)

Comments

Sally said…
Do you have any idea how happy I am to SEE you!! Have missed you, girl.

Yes, so much to be thankful for. I wish I had started it like some have done, and now you have.

I thank God every single day for all the wonderful blessings HE has bestowed on me and my family through the years. Yes, it is hard sometimes but the beauty is being able to turn these over to HIM! My problem (a lot of times) I keep taking them back, finding worry again; then, start over.

I'm thank for you little girl; you are just one of the very sweetest people I know along with your wonderful mom. Love you both!

xoxo
Sally said…
And, (you know I HAVE to keep talking) thank you for visiting me today,and your sweet comments. ((hugs))
Crystal said…
Sally girl is my blog showing
G up on ur blog roll now??? Mom thinks I fixed it!!!!
Dawn said…
You showed up on my blog rolled !! Glad your mom fixed it !

I see people doing the Thankful posts. I have never done it. Maybe next year. I do enjoy reading them.

I, like you, do not like this time change. It starts about 4:30 to start to get dark. I dislike it so much.

So glad to see you blogging. I sure have missed you !
Donna said…
Yes, it's finally Fixed!! Yeah! Now you can truly blog and people will see it!
Oh, and I didn't fix it...Crys did by deleting some old blogs...
I'm thankful for God and...you...
hughugs
Jenny said…
Crystal I didn't realize you were blogging for real again. I've enjoyed getting caught up and I will check back often because I love you. Your thankful list is wonderful. In some ways you've had things I haven't had, and I guess I've had a few you've missed, but we are so on the same page. God bless you my faraway friend. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas and in case I don't see you, Happy New Year! xoxo

Popular Posts