Birthday and Driving

Oh my... It's weird to think that my youngest is 16. Especially when I remember him being so little and always smiling. Now, he's still smiling but I break my neck every time I have to look up at him. He's 1 inch shy of 6 feet now.


He came in the other day wanting to know how to gain weight. I told him to just watch and learn son. I do that quite well. We both fell out laughing at that one.


He had his birthday yesterday and came and hung out with me up at work and his sister Samantha took him for a special lunch and then off to drivers ed until around 8 last night. Class time and drive time.


When I picked him up he asked if he could drive home. Me: deer in head lights look. Um, ok..... He readjusted everything and off we went. And I have to say, he was the best student! He listened to every word and even drove a little under the posted speed limit! He was scared outta his mind but he did it! I took him on a well known highway with traffic moderately busy. The first time is always the hardest!


Drivers Ed doesn't last too long. 3 weeks total and he's almost finished with his class time. He got his official drivers permit yesterday so we will try knocking out his scheduled drive time with the school quick. Summer band starts in August and that's going to take up a good part of his days.


He's excited about this new adventure in driving and I'm glad. He's very teachable so hopefully all will go smoothly! Wish us luck!!

Comments

Sally said…
Goodness gracious, Crystal. I can hardly believe that sweet boy is driving now. I remember when he was much younger, back when y'all were living with your parents. He is so handsome, and I've always loved his big blue eyes.

Patti was not teachable, at least with me. Hells bells, she still isn't for that matter. LOL And, I still don't like riding with her driving!

When I was married; I tried to teach my step daughter, Lori. So, she begged me one day to let her drive home from the grocery store. I got whiplash, and I'm not kidding! That little Toyota was jumping back and forth. That was the only time I screamed at her; "Stop the damn car!!!"

Thank you for letting me know you posted; it didn't show up on my side bar. <3 you guys!


Crystal said…
LOL!!! I know what you mean! I think its a mother/daughter thing because I couldn't teach Sam for nothing and she KNEW EVERYTHING when I did try and teach her, lol!!! This mom thing is really for the birds cause I really get into remembering the younger days of the kids. I sure miss it all. I really wish we had smart phones and social media when they were small cause I would have videoed EVERYTHING!
Sally said…
I know what you mean also about video. While we did a lot when Britt was a baby (and I mean a LOT; my mom, lol) they are still on vcr tapes and I need to have them put on discs. :)
Brenda said…
I've watched your sweet babies grow up and it's unbelievable how fast they've grown up.
Donna said…
Well, I guess if you let him drive, I can...gulp!!!
Mammy

Popular Posts