Getting into the Groove

Well, for now that is. The subbing job is as I want to work then I work. If I don't want the jobs then I just don't accept them. All the subs here in this area are on a website that contacts us the second a teacher needs a sub. Whether it be same day or months in advance. I have one job already accepted for the end of March.

Oh did I tell you that there are 17 schools in the district I'm working? Ohh yeah. Jobs a plenty here. And that's what I like. Someone's always going to be taking off and with that many schools jobs are really good if you're willing to take them. Right now, I'm not picky. At all. Jr high, high school, elementary or office work. I'm there. I want to see which each grade offers me. So far the funniest was yesterday working with the 6th graders. They are just the right age to mold and lead. Also if they get out of hand they're easier to calm down. Everyone else older, not so much.

So, since there's 17 different schools in the district I have to get up earlier than normal. 17 schools spread way out across the county and the traffic here is completely congested.  Like if u have a school that's only 10 miles away depending on what time you leave, it could take 45 minutes to get there. Yeah, so luckily all the schools understand this and they themselves open up their doors early so people can get to work or wherever early or on time.

I'm working at an elementary today. First grade. This hopefully should be a blast and maybe I'll even get to color! Tomorrow I'm at Will's high school! I'm nervous about that. His
Huh school kids can be punks. We all know this. I'm hoping my attitude stays on point if someone should try pushing. We shall see. Everyone that I've talked to says that the kids are awesome so I'll let you know next week about my experience there and if I get to see Will too!

On another note, Tim left last weekend and won't be back until the week before Christmas. He is actually in Ohio training to take two different tests to certify him in two different things having to do with welding engineering and the like. He tried explaining but when the words got to big I got too stupid and stopped understanding. Lol!

This training thing he's on just kind of fell into his lap based on his bosses seeing what he could do and was willing to do out in the field. The other 50 guys that are testing as well are all degreed engineers. He's not. He was given the test books and told to study at the end of August so he's on,y had 3 months to learn thousands of different things. They've been pulling 14-16 hour days and then studying on their own as well and barely getting 3-4 hours of sleep. It finally hit Tim and he told them he needed sleep or he wasn't goi g to remember any of it. Just talked to him and he sounded so much better. He's nervous as all get out and not expecting himself to pass either test but at least he's getting the knowledge. He's smart as a whip so I'm not counting him out just yet.

Going to see my parents and Sam this weekend! Sure miss the heck out of them. We did face time this week so that helped. Until I can meet people and make friends it gets a tad boring here with no one to talk to until Tim gets back. It has brought Tim and I closer since we just have each other so that's a plus too. Now if I can just do the same with a cranky moody male teen boy I'll be golden!!

Ok, whew. Like the old days with the long post! I'm off to make biscuits for the man child and myself so I hope u all have a wonderful day and weekend if I'm not back before then!!


Comments

Sally said…
So proud of you and Tim. Many changes for you guys, and yet you carry on! You're going to love 1st grade today; as I told you before (I think) when Patti did 1st, she wanted to bring them all home. In fact, she did a couple of children who were in dire straights and with the school and parents approval of course.

Looking forward to how you do today, and tomorrow with the big guys.

Have a great weekend with your folks, and Sam. I know they miss you all something terrible. Enjoy and I'm sure they'll cook so really good food, but I do NOT want to hear about it. :)
xoxo
Donna said…
I just want you to enjoy what jobs you pick up...I'm sure it's not easy but I know you'll find your groove.
Love you and we are so proud of you!
mammy
Donna said…
It's Christmas morning...and just want to say how very much I love you...now and forever...
Mom
This is actually a very informative article - not like most of what I see online. Thanks for the free share and looking forward to reading your updates! simply wow!

Popular Posts