Love Remembers

I have a country CD that I listen to quite a bit while driving around. My son William loves this particular CD and will most times navigate the songs we listen to. This morning it was Love Remembers by Craig Morgan. This whole CD is a fun and loving one. So loving that we played 2 of his songs at our wedding back in March.



My post today asks the question, what does love remember for you? For me, love remembers all. The good and the bad. I do believe that by remembering the bad that you can always, or try to, look and find the positive. At least that's what keeps me going. That belief that even though bad things happen, good things come from it.



For me, love remembers growing up and always wanting to watch my mom put on her makeup, do her hair or nails, even get dressed in her silky clothes and high heels. Love remembers trying to imitate her in those same heels running around trying not to fall because she never did. Midnight car rides through vampiric countrysides, strawberry shortcakes and peach cobblers. Big red ice cream and as much mac and cheese as I could eat while she gobbled up plums and watermelon. Love also remembers growing up through those difficult teenage years and always trying to test her limits. Most days she was a push over but there were a few that she would give Rambo a run for his money. Love remembered that sometimes you didn't mess with ol mom. Love mostly and above anything else, remembers the unwavering and unconditional love that was is and will be ever constant;)



Love remembers a time when looking at my dad from a child's mind and eye's that amazed me and frightened me. He was always so silent. His eye's could most times tell a story. Love remembers the fun times on the front of his motorcycle going down the road and letting me put my hands on top of his while driving or holding on to one finger as we walked into the bait shop and letting me play with the worms while he looked. But, love also remembers his strictness. He use to have such a fierceness about him that made it seem like the terminator if you got in trouble, lol! Ah in the mind of a child.



Love remembers lots of laughing that my brother and I use to do while growing up. I always wanted to be around him and he never wanted me to be. Especially if friends were over. But I remember we had a competition going to see who could get each other in trouble the most. I normally lost. If I did win I always got beat up by him so I either got sneakier in my missions or gave in, lol! Sitting at the dinner table not wanting to eat a certain food and he would either take it and eat it for me or give me idea's to hide it so it could eventually find it's way to the trash without notice. But, love also remembers him leaving and a sister's heart was broken. The fear of being left behind. But as time passed he would be my protector from a distance from anyone trying to do me harm.



Love remembers grandparents that spoiled me rotten and loved me unconditionally. Hid my favorite treats all around the house and making it a mission to find them all. Apple juice hidden in closets, cheese balls hidden in lower cabinets, candy hidden in drawers. Endless trips to the store if only to buy me children's high heel dress shoes to run around in or hours in the work shed building go carts and chasing road runners. Or sitting on my pawpaw's lap while getting to steer the truck going down the road. But, love remembers not negativity but loss. Loss of two of the most loving and caring people I knew. Every time I see a penny I always think of them though. It's their way of telling me they love me and I'll take that any day;)



Love remembers a time when false love was offered and a new life was born. Life in this time was hard and confusing, only wanting to be loved, accepted, respected and heard. It never came so the life that was then, died. But, love remembers the 2 beautiful gifts and reason's for that time. Love remembered to keep hoping for a brighter life to come and moved on.



Love remembers a little boy with blond hair and the prettiest blue eyes. Always smiling, always laughing. Remembering the nickname of Dough Boy because of all the rolls of baby fat. The special moment's of playing pretend with "Mr. Puppy" or "Mr. Spider" and watching Power Ranger's and Toy Story. Of running up and down the hall screaming and laughing while the monster tried to tickle him. But love also remembers the fear's of being able to protect and raise with love and care. Patience that was needed to make a boy into a man all alone. Love remembers the feel of little arms wrapped around and not letting go while saying, "snuggle, snuggle, snuggle" and knowing that we would get there some how and we would do it together;)

Love remembers a very independent and bright little girl with the darkest blue eye's and a smile that could get her just about anything. Lot's of strawberry milk and chocolate. Endless Barney movies, painting nails, pigtails and cowboy boots. Love remembers a little mother hen who thought to protect and care for her own mother when going through difficult things. Sassing her brother like he was her own child. Volley balls and gymnastics, story time and scratch backs. Playing with her hair and holding her when she cried. But, love remembers a certain type of guidance that came too late. A love that took 15 years to bloom. Love remembers many inward and outward battles with herself and others while trying to figure out her own way. Love remembers looking at her blue eyed daughter and even though she's in a difficult period, inwardly willing to still die for her. Love remembers itself unconditionally through it all;)

Love remembers meeting a brown haired teen with the most handsomest smile on a warm summer evening only 2 years ago but has made a lasting impression on my heart as well. Going through his own trials of young adulthood and independence. Love remembers the helpfulness and compassion, the funny humor, the growing intellect. But love also remembers a blooming relationship cut short by a teenage boy growing up into a man and leaving home. Love remembers change coming for him in mass and the fears he will have to face while we here can't help him like we want to. Love remembers letting go but still loving;)

Lastly, Love remembers a man that would make a most powerful impact to my life. A love that would start out unsure and iffy to take flight and soar into something I would never dream possible. Love remembers a lost dog bringing us together and a sure and confident man coming full circle. Rising above negativity and a difficult past to prove to himself what kind of man he became all on his own. Love remembers championship MX races, UFC fights and plenty of snuggle time. Hand holding and hugs, sweet kisses and just for me looks. Smores over an open fire or stuck into the microwave. Ice cream and chocolate, lazy days and intense conversation. Love remembers a protectiveness, compassion shown and patience a plenty. Wrestling matches, dog piles, back scratches and bubble baths. But, love also remembers fear of loss, of fighting to get through insecurities from both sides. Hospital stays that would teach patience in healing mind, emotion and body. Love remembers looking into the eye's of the man I married and saying forever..

Love remembers all~

Comments

jenn said…
Aw, Crystal, that was beautiful!
Donna said…
Ahhhh! You need to put this on FB (a link)...Beautifully written little love...
(((HUG)))
Sally said…
I love every word; so sweet and straight from the heart. :)

Popular Posts