What ever title u want it to be....

So, I was talking with my bff last night. Funny to still say that after all these years. Mindy and I met our 7Th grade year and been friends ever since. During school we were thick as thieves. The Bonnie and Clyde-ett of our day. Raising all sorts of hell, being mischievous, trying to pull fast ones and sharing oh so many laughs along the way.



She called yesterday and we got to talking about "the old days" and seeing how we met almost 24 years ago I can now say that and mean it. She's my longest and dearest friend. Years can go by without any communication and then when it does, we can pick up right where we left off and go from there. We ALWAYS go down memory lane and we can tell the same stories over and over and laugh our asses off every damn time.



We're thinking about starting a Memory Lane blog where we can each write down all about our days of growing up and the fun filled stuff we tried, failed or actually got away with. Not letting our own kids see it until at least 30. That way, we aren't to blame for any of their wrong doings in the future. I think it's a wonderful idea and something we can do together. Seeing as how our 20Th year reunion will be coming up it would also be neat to try and get a hold of any old pictures or video's we did or had back then as well. Fun idea's that I hope we can follow through with for sure.



I finally figured out that any way you look at it, any way you see it, I am not a morning person. Period. I get up at 3 this morning from a 2 day break and drive to the gym. Normally when I go I have the whole gym to myself where I can turn on fans, crank the TV or radio up and just get in the zone. I drive up this morning and there was someone already there...Well hell. I almost turned right back around and went home until a picture in my head reminded me of the ice cream cone I ate last night and the whole bag of pretzels I ate and the cheese and crackers I woofed down as well ALL after I left work at 3. Crap....



I walk into the gym and there's a guy on one of the cardio machines I can't remember how to spell and seeing as how I can't get the damn spell check to work, you get the idea. Anyway, I say good morning and I get a gruff look and a wave. Mkay, he's not a morning person either. Works for me, lol! I get on the machine and normally I will find a good movie or watch reruns of Law and Order. Not happening today. It was the sports channel...There's only one guy I watch any kind of sports with and if he ain't the hubin I'm not interested in watching. But as not to make matters worse for interrupting his private workout time, I leave it alone. He ends up yelling, "HEY! U can change the channel if you want to!" Not happening dude. And I tell him no, that's alright and I'm good with what's on.



He only lasted about 30 minutes after I arrived so he either got there way before 3 or I had just tanked his private workout. I get like that too. I go in the afternoon most days as well but on the days when there are too many people I just can't get into it. In the mornings I get there and have about an hour to workout, wake up and get some energy built up before another guy comes in that's been very religious at showing up at a little after 4 every single day. There's been only a few times where he hasn't shown up but that's still saying something seeing as how he's AT LEAST done it going on 3 years now straight. Point for him for motivation and dedication.



Like I was saying, that first hour that I can get in by myself and get motivated to workout I will step things up and get myself motivated to go longer. I've played with times when I get there and even how much I do. Use to I would always go at 4. Then for a time it was 5. But going later in the morning I couldn't get what I wanted out of the workout so then I bumped it back up to 3 so there aren't ANY excuses why I can't get a good workout in.



I noticed that it took me until mile 5 to get energized. I cover the clock but occasionally peek and am internally cussing like a sailor until more than half the workout is done and then I start feeling good, lighter and happy that I went ahead and continued the workout. It's just getting to that point that's the kicker. Put a good movie on and it flies by. Have to watch reruns of Law and Order? Okay, but I find myself peeking at the clock thinking, "I think I can, I think I can" until something interesting happens to divert my attention and if I can't watch what I want well, like last nights images of all the foods I scarfed down, there better be a good reason other than the fact that I just left my warm bed with the hubin asleep in it for me to workout that early in the morning. There's just too much to do after I leave work to fit in a 2 hour workout. So, it's either get up early and do it or procrastinate in the afternoons.

Anyway, that's it for me today. I imagine I'll have lots more to say but we'll save it for another day :)

Comments

jenn said…
All I have to say is that there is no motivation in the world that would get my ass up at 3am to do anything, much less exercising. You're my hero. :)
Crystal said…
Lol, girl it takes me almost busting out of my current wardrobe to do it. Buying clothes is just too dang expensive! How are u feeling?
Dawn said…
3:00 AM ?!?!? You go girl !! Our gym here locally is not busy. Lunch time is, but I can avoid that !! You will be just getting up in a few hours. Good morning sunshine !! :)
Sally said…
Okay, that made me tired. I'm going to snuggle up on the couch and watch the price is right with the girls.

You are awesome!! :)
Donna said…
You just be Careful getting out there that early!! Children!!Geeeez!
and mothers...
mammy

Popular Posts