Why have a title??

Well here we are again...sitting at the computer thinking about what's for lunch. I find the older I get the more excited I get about food and am wondering why that is, lol! I've been stuck on Subway sandwiches for a while now. Like in years now. And the thing of it is is that I have only gotten one kind of sandwich. The italian BMT. Oh you go in and they have like 10 different kinds and then again you can mix and match as you see fit, but me? I guess when it comes to food, husbands and kids, change is not an option;)

So, the sandwich of choice this go round is the Chipotle steak and cheese with a bag of jalapeno cheetos and a big ol cup of sweet tea. And you know what gets me? It's when i'm in too much of a hurry to "enjoy" my food and by the time I take the time I'm licking the crumbs off my lips and fingers. Whether I be at work for lunch, on the go or just in a hurry I always try and SLOW DOWN for food. Well, there's a few other things I slow down for but my mom reads this so i'll stop while i'm ahead.

Got almost all the Christmas shopping done and it's just now December 1st. I kind of like that too. I spent most of my time online shopping. Sorry guys but i'm not freakishly crazy enough to try the Black Friday thing. Getting up and out of the house the night before at 10PM. Shopping like a dope feind needing a fix all flippin night long. Coming home when the sun comes up and crashing for a "nap" and then getting up to shop the rest of the day? You nuts?! First, I love sleep too much to do that. Secondly, I'm more into the reason for the season and all the yummy foods and lastly?! Where they getting all that flippin money to shop like that?! Lol!

Now, shopping after everyone has passed out from shopping exhastion is a different story. Last week I ordered a cute pair of black wedge knee high boots from Amazon.com...34 or 36 dollars total. I thought that was an AMAZING deal. Until Tim and I went to the local mall this past weekend and I got a pair of boots for 16.24 after tax. Regularly costing 50 bucks. I love both of them too. So, WHY spend hundreds of dollars on something when you can find something else extremely cheaper and still have money left over to put your kids through college??? Lol! Again..maybe it's just me but material things don't really matter all that much to me. As many times as i've moved in my 37 years I could probably pack everything I hold dear in the back of my truck and be done with it. Don't get me to start talking about clutter.....I can't stand it and we'll leave it at that.

So moving on...Road trip countdown in T minus 16 days and I am so looking forward to the get away. Why, you ask? Well, the whole family will be making the trip. Yes, 2 teenagers and an 11 year old plus the hubin and myself. Last night before the hubin left to go to the monthly motocross meeting all he had to do was say a couple of words that had ALL the kids fussing, blaming, probably a few name calling we didn't hear and voices raised. All the while I look at the hubin and he has the biggest "EVIL" grin on his face....And all it takes if you see the the action fizzling out is to point the finger at one of the kids and Holy great mother of God, it's in full swing and getting intense. All that's missing is the popcorn the hubin and I should have through out the excitement.

So, um, like I was saying the why's of why i'm excited and am totally rethinking that thought. May have to duct tape the hubin's mouth while we drive 14-16 hours to our destination now that I think on it. Either that or they all will see a different side of me while I break out in tune and sing whatever comes to mind louder than they can scream. To make it more adventurous and amusing for all other passerby's I can always bust out in motion to my own beat and see how many weird freak looks I get as we travel, lol! Just a thought anyway and now I'm back to getting excited. Making memories in any form always gets me grinning. Especially when i'm "plotting things." >;P

Comments

Popular Posts