Packing for a trip

Well, the countdown to when we leave for our trip begins. Eight more days and then we will be on our way to 2 different states. All sugar will be banned and where normally all electronics is frowned upon they will be greatly appreciated seeing as how we are traveling 14-16 hours...one way...with three kids and a dog that should be counted as a kid. Tim will be limited in his grabbing skills but I'll be all hands, feet and elbows if anyone gets "jicky" while on the road, lol!

No bags are packed as of yet but all the snow gear is bought and ready to go. Seeing as how there will be at least 5 bags plus a doggie bag packed I have a feeling we need to pack as light as possible. That's going to be hard. Guys have it easy. They can pack a whole months worth of clothing into one bag and call it a day but us women? Oh, I don't look forward to packing let alone UN packing when we get back.

Lets spell this out so we can get a good VISUAL of what all I'll pack and then we'll compare, shall we?? My "LIST" :

1- pants/jeans. I can pack 4-5 pair and make them last 10 days. Mix and match and try like hell to stay clean. I can lay them all out, only folding them once and still have room for other things.

2- long johns for the days we ski or just outside. These are thin enough to roll up and shove into a small space.

3- Shirts/sweaters: This will be a little more tricky and it'll take up lots more space so I'll have to pack smart and try to stick with thin type materials.

4- Other under things/socks: Not a problem. Just shove em where u can and who cares if they get wrinkled, ya know?

5- make up/personal hygiene products: Easy enough seeing as how if Tim or myself or even my parents stay in a hotel/motel all the travel size products come home so I have quite a few I can stick in my makeup back just for this and will last.

6- Shoes/boots: This is the kicker one. I've got 3 pair I would like to take with me. Regular tennis shoes and then a black and brown pair of boots. I can probably fit one or two pair in my bag so I may have to bring out the ol extra purse type carrying bag just in case.

7- Blow dryer and hair spray: Easy enough still. I can get the little travel hairspray and stick it in my makeup bag while shoving the blow dryer in that extra carrying bag with the boots.

8- My camera: Never leave home without it and I'll wear it around my neck if I have to but will not be leaving it behind.

9- Ski gear: If I pack right I may be able to fit this in the big bag with all the other stuff. Again, it all depends on how I pack and if we need a fork lift to get it from point A to point B.

10- Medicines: Can go in the makeup bag as well.

I THINK that is it. I may think of 50 other things by the time the actual packing is complete, lol! But so far we are counting one main bag, a carry on and a make up bag. I can do that;)

The guys: In a nut shell they will need one bag for everything. Tim will most likely carry his shaving bag just for extra stuff in case I don't have it or whatnot.

Sam: Ummm......It would probably be too long a list and I would forget to list at least 20 things that she's WANTING to take rather than what only she will be able to...;o)

Comments

Dawn said…
I am assuming you have a SUV perhaps ?!? I hope you have a great, fun time. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it !! :) Safe travels !! :)
Sally said…
I hope all of you have the time of your life! Like Dawn, I'll be waiting for pics. You're smart to make a list! :)

Popular Posts