Valentine Treat!


OK, this is just a cute as a button and easy treat I thought up last night as I was making chocolate covered strawberries, cupcakes, cookies and chocolate Oreo balls! All you have to do is get one package of sugar cookie dough, and I got the ones that comes in the Lil one inch squares, then turn Ur muffin tin upside down and use that side!

Spray it first so it doesn't stick though! I rolled all the cookie squares into little balls and then pressed them into a flat circle and then framed them onto the muffin pan to form little bowls. Cook the cookies as it says to on the cookie package. After they're done pull them out and let them cool. I then melted some chocolate bark. The kind that hardens when cool.

 I dipped each cooled cookie bowl into the melted chocolate and then let them cool on wax paper. Now since I was just winging this treat I did just the tops of each but next time I will do that AND then after they dry, turn them over and fill the bottoms with the chocolate as well. I'll explain why further down.

Next up, you know the strawberry filling you can buy, along with strawberries at the store to make strawberry shortcake? I spooned in a spoonful of that filling into each bowl. Each washed strawberry I cut to fit the bowl and then put them into each one. With a little more filling I covered the tops of the strawberries. NOW....if Ur planning on serving these within about an hour or two then if you like this then go ahead and make as I've told you. If you plan on serving them the next day then DO NOT put the filling or strawberries in!!! I learned this the hard way last night when I got up this morning to take the tasty treats to work I went to pick them up and they ALL fell apart! Now, you can do it several ways. Make like I showed you and then carry the filling and fruit with you to finish up when its time to share or put the hard chocolate in the bowl or even dip the whole cookie bowl in chocolate. If that is done then you can make the night before and nothing will fall apart.

SO, this is a fun and very simple treat to make and you an use any fruit that you think tastes good with sugar cookies and chocolate. You can also use the white chocolate as well. Even color it with food coloring. It's a fun recipe with many ways to make!!! Enjoy and Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Comments

Sally said…
Love these! That's an awesome idea, and just thinking about cookie dough cooked and CHOCOLATE is enough to make my mouth water!!

Your loved ones are very blessed to have such wonderful homemade treats from you, the little wonder girl! :)

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

PS (that comment you made about coke; my brother went into a coma years ago from drinking too much soda, juice, etc; it deleted his electrolytes. It was awful. So, yes we should all be careful. Thank you for sharing that.)

Love ya bunches!!
xoxo
Crystal said…
I am loving all the things I can make but when things start falling apart I get a little cranky, lol!! I think it's so fun though. One of the great things about Pinterest. Before Pinterest I couldn't stand to get in the kitchen but now that I have pictures to look at videos to watch and easy instructions its not so complicated!

Some of the other part of that story was that the coroners office was really pushing for warning labels on all soda cans and if not then the cola makers needed to put the amounts of caffiene and sugar that way people are more aware.

And I thought of you and Hunter when I started making these good treats too! That would be so fun for yall to make!! Love you too sweet girl!!!
Sally said…
Awwwm thanks Crystal. Hunter was SO excited this morning. She got candy and a pink jump rope that she's been wanting. Brittney took cupcakes and drinks to school for her class.

Hunter made valentines for her class and a special one for Jessie. You know, he's the one that she really, really likes but he's dating someone else. :)
xoxo
Crystal said…
Dating....Do they actually USE that word?!?! Sam started using it in Jr High...u know, BEFORE any one of them could drive??? Dating my rump...She told me right quick that her form of dating was NOT my form of dating.....And she never did quite explain what HER form of "dating" was, lol!!!!!
Sally said…
Well, when Britt was in like the 4th grade, she called it "going out". When I asked where they went; she said the cafeteria!

Now, Hunt's in first grade; dating. LOL I love it!!
Donna said…
where's mine?
mammy
Jenny said…
Oh how cute and clever! Crystal you are a marvel. Thanks for sharing that. My granddaughters would enjoy putting some of these together ... then eating them.

Popular Posts