Ladies...Wouldn't u agree???

This is an "actual letter" from an Austin ,
Texas woman sent to Proctor and Gamble regarding
one of their feminine products. She really gets
rolling after the first paragraph. This was PC
Magazine's 2009 Editors' Choice award-winner for
the best letter sent via e-mail.

Dear Mr. Thatcher,

I have been a loyal user of your 'Always' maxi
pads for over 20 years and I appreciate many of
their features. Why, without the LeakGuard Core
or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go
horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd
certainly steer clear of running up and down the
beach in tight, white shorts.

But my favorite feature has to be your
revolutionary Flexi-Wings. Kudos on being the
only company smart enough to realize how crucial
it is that maxi pads be aerodynamic I can't tell
you how safe and secure I feel each month
knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr.
Thatcher? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my
time of the month is starting right now. áAs I
type, I can already feel hormonal forces
violently surging through my body. Just a few
minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll
be transformed into what my husband likes to
call 'an inbred hillbilly with knife skills.'

Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-Hygiene
Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of
research on what exactly happens during your
customer's monthly visits from 'Aunt Flo'.
Therefore, you must know about the bloating,
puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our
intense mood swings, crying jags, and
out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's
a tough time for most women.

The point is, sir, you of all people must
realize that America is just crawling with
homicidal maniacs in Capri pants... Which brings
me to the reason for my letter. Last month,
while in the throes of cramping so painful I
wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my
uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there,
printed on the adhesive backing, were these
words: 'Have a Happy Period.'


Are you f------ kidding me? What I mean is, does
any part of your tiny middle-manager brain
really think happiness - actual smiling,
laughing happiness, is possible during a
menstrual period? Did anything
mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable?
Well, did it, James? áFYI, unless you're some
kind of sick S&M freak, there will never be
anything 'happy' about a day in which you have
to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and
lock yourself in your house just so you don't
march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a
hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your
life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If
you have to slap a moronic message on a maxi
pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say
something that's actually pertinent, like 'Put
down the Hammer' or 'Vehicular Manslaughter is
Wrong'.

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department
that, effective immediately, there will be an $8
drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to
take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though
I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will
not for one minute miss your brand of
condescending bullsh!t. And that's a promise I
will keep.

Always.....

Wendi Aarons
Austin , TX

LOL!!! I would really like to meet this lady ;)

Comments

Donna said…
Dead Center!Hahaaa
mammy
jenn said…
OMG! I have never had my sound on before....GREAT taste in music, by the way!
Sally said…
hahahaha - too funny.

Sorry I haven't been around much; not at home right now. But, will be back. :)
Jenny said…
Wow. Um ... is there nothing so personal we won't talk about it in graphic terms, right out in the open?

*blushing*

Popular Posts