The Baby Days

Oh how I have forgotten. We've had Sophie now a little over a week and boy has things changed. She is as cute as a baby button and as sassy as a female teen. Did I mention moody like her momma, lol! She can be sitting there with nothing going on and then just jump up (and I do mean jump) and start playing. She can also be sound asleep and if you wake her up she'll actually sleep walk, lol!! She'll stand up and that head is just a weaving and bobbing until she lays back down to pass out again.

She's also, of coarse, in that teething stage. You have strings, she grabs them. You have bare feet and you're going to lose a toe. Got clothes on the floor? She's off and gone with them as soon as she notices. Anything under the beds, she brings it ALL out. And Pepe? He stays up high and away from her. She's not even as tall as one of his legs so she does a lot of jumping and it only takes one jump and one bite of the tail to have Pepe boot scoot buggy the other way or start growling enough that she makes a break for it before she becomes Pepe's latest snack, lol!

I've gotten her and Pepe both on somewhat of a routine which is helping Pepe not mess in the house greatly. As soon as I wake up I don't do anything before scooping her up and out the door we go. If Pepe is awake, he goes too or I'll let him out before I leave for work. She does her business and I bring her in so she can eat and play and then back off to sleep either in her bed that I put by mine or in with Tim to snuggle. If she's up when I get ready to leave I'll take them both out, if not, Tim does. Tim found out the other day that she means business when she has to pee and he didn't make it fast enough out the door when he realised it. And I learned the hard way as well. I get up and she wakes up and she has a one track mind. POTTY FIRST!!

I've taken her on small little road trips. Sam's work and to my moms to visit and one trip to the vet to get her first puppy shots. Which I think the shots are messing with her little system because her bowel movements, since yesterday, have become softer. Not runny though. I'll keep an eye out and mom gave me a tip on trying to stop it before it gets worse so we'll try that today. I'm thinking until it gets full blown summer over this way I might need to get her a little puppy coat to wear around so she doesn't catch cold either.

Her sleeping habits last night were messed with. Sam had to get up bright and early at 3AM for a school function and she woke up as well. I grabbed her up before she got too awake and shoved her under my neck and she cuddled and went still. And then JUMPED UP and wanted to play! So!! I JUMPED UP and ran her outside to pee cause I knew it was coming, lol!!!! After coming in I sat with her on the couch and yep, she played. I got tired of it and scooped her up and shoved her under the blanket with me and when I had made sure she was sound asleep, whisked her back to my room, shoved her ever so gently into the corner of her bed, covered her up and crawled back in bed. Only to hear whining that should have been down below on the floor but sounded like it was level with me. I got my cell phone and turned it on and she had crawled up the back of her bed, onto the pillows that were against it and was making her way to me, lol! And I should have moved the pillows and put he back in her bed but did I? No! I scooped her up and put her back under my neck where she burrowed in and back to sleep she went!

Until....Either Sam or Kari made a loud bang in their room and had her popping up, Tim jumping up and me groaning. Pepe? He was still passed out and hogging the bed. So, I held her firmly and after a few minutes, began to rub her belly and that put her out for a little while longer until my alarm went off. And me, once again, out the door with her to potty! Oh the days  of raising baby are coming back to haunt me, lol!!!

Comments

Sally said…
But, she's so cute! Hopefully, the baby days won't be for long though.

HUGS!
Donna said…
Ahhhh, baby days...but she IS cute...enjoy!
mammy
Jenny said…
Girl you're losing more sleep with that baby than my daughter's losing with a one-month-old! I hope she settles into a routine quickly. We had a dog like that once ... kept us all up several nights crying. It was so sad.

Popular Posts