Second Anniversary

So, I would imagine all that read my blog is getting a little tired of me posting about our newest and cutest addition, Sophie. And for that, I JUST CAN'T HELP IT!!! She is just so stinking CUTE!! Lol! But, as not to bore you with more cute little stories on the pint sized pup, I'll move onto us coming upon our 2 year anniversary, yesterday.

I received a beautiful arrangement of flowers from him, at work, and then I met him for lunch. As we sit waiting patiently for our food he asks me if it felt like only 2 years. Eye's big, smiling in awe. Poor Tim...I react automatically saying nope, feels more like four. Lol! He looks shocked and I tell him, " Well dear, we HAVE been joined at the hip for the last four years..." LOL!!! He was like, "OFFICIALLY SPEAKING THOUGH we have only been married for 2!!" I fire right back that officially, for me, it's been four...

The play back of the last four years, to let all of you understand a little bit better, is that since the day he "LOST" his dog we have been pretty much, joined at the hip. We saw each other almost every single day. The days we didn't were due to him being out of town, either for work trips or the times he went racing and left the day before with me following him up the very next day. We talked on the phone, we text, we emailed. And that was all during the day while at work. We would always meet for lunch, I would bring him lunch or he would for me. After work I would be cooking something for everyone at either his house or mine, off to the gym and then back to his house or mine. We took vacations together, planned weekends together, spent every holiday together. And seeing as how he had never been married and was the proverbial "deer in the headlights" when speaking of marriage, I just knew he would never marry. At that time and while we were just enjoying ourselves, I didn't think on it much either.

So, isn't what all I listed above officially just like being married? Yep, I thought so too. And because of that, I mentally still celebrate our anniversary every year on when we met. June 6, 2008. After work, in my pj's, bun on top of my head, no make up and two brats glued to my back as we stalked, ninja like, to the front door to see who the person was. Needless to say there was some flailing and jumping as I wasn't tall enough to see through the peep hole. Made for someone at least 6 foot, it was kind of hard to keep silent while jumping and having two cracking up, giggling kids at your back.

I don't know, maybe it's just a me thing or maybe it's all women and we see things differently then men do. And I don't even think I asked him if it only felt like 2 for him. I might do that though. After we both got off work he took me to Red Lobster. I know this is his favorite restaurant and "shrimp" came up more than once yesterday and I started craving it SO instead of my original plan to make him a huge juicy stake I talked him into seafood. BUT...the best part of the whole anniversary day??? Well, that came as we wrapped up our evening and arrived home to have Tim answer a phone call with someone wanting to know if he would be attending the monthly motocross club meeting. Said guy was kind of in a bind as a few "higher ups" weren't available and he was needing Tim to attend. What does Tim say in reference to this?? Pray tell??

Dude, I love motocross but I love my wife more..

I heard him say that and flowers, meals and the rest of EVERYTHING flew out the window and I just BEAMED!!! And I didn't care if he was still talking to said caller. I ran up laughing and telling him how sweet that was and kissing him. With a comment like that, I guess he bought himself a decade..or three ;))

Couldn't help it ok!!!!! Just look at those crossed legs and that arm sticking straight up, LOL!!!Have a great day everyone!!

Comments

Dawn said…
I so remember reading your blog at the time when you guys met. Pepe was lost and he knocked on your door. The rest is history now !! :)

Happy....Happy Anniversary !! :)

PS ~ I so love Sophie, too !! :)
Sally said…
Yep, I'm with Dawn. I remember it like yesterday so yes it has been almost 4 years. LOL

So happy for ALL of you; it was meant to be.

((hugs))
Dawn said…
Missing you posting on your blog. Girl I have been so sick the past 3 weeks and just kept on the blogs when I could. I think I am back now. Whew !!
Jenny said…
I didn't know y'all met as Tim was looking for Pepe. How cute. Makes me glad I'm a dog person. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Oh and are there supposed to be pictures in this post? I can't see any ... *pines*

Popular Posts