Worthless Weekend

Well, we were. All of us except for Sam who had to work Friday evening and Saturday. The rest of us sat on our bums and ate junk food while watching TV and movies. Saturday, I did clean up the house though. I couldn't stand it. It was raining on and off all day and to be stuck in the house when it's dirty just gets to me. Other than that we watched six movies. I finally broke down and watched Breaking Dawn, which I liked. In Time, which was a real eye opener about how life could be. It's about the world living life until the age of 25 and then that's where the clock starts ticking. After u turn 25 the timer begins on anyone and you only get a year programed into your internal "clock of life." You pay for everything using your "minutes. You want coffee? 4 minutes of your life. You want to cross into another area on earth? Could cost you years...And so on. A different movie indeed. Then we watched The Hammer. Its about real life wrestler Matt "The Hammer" Hamill and his struggles to rise above being born deaf and his rise to become a State Champion wrestler who then moves onto the MMA. Very good movie.

Lets see, then we watched Our Idiot Brother which we thought was going to be a comedy and turned out to be funny and uplifting all in one. Then Anonymous which was about a theory that William Shakespeare was actually a nobleman that got someone else to be his "face" because back then poetry, plays and art were "against the church" and prohibited. Then there was Apollo 18 in which took actual footage from a secret mission to the moon. It's believed to be a "scary" movie which it isn't but there are a few "suspenseful parts but well worth watching. They also gave a link www.lunartruth.com to learn more. 3 astronauts leave and none return. Bodies (to the public) were never recovered. If you have a chance to watch it, please do.

I did get a big surprise Friday when going up to Sam's work to pick up a dress that I have been eyeing since the summer months. Every time I looked at getting it, I always talked myself out of it for one reason or another. Sam let me know they were having a 50% off sale so I snatched the dress up and told her to hold it for me and I would get it Friday. In I walk and come face to face with one of the owners...Bill. I walk in and he says, " You're going to kill me..." I smile and just knew..." Someone bought the dress?" Bill, hanging his head says, " The day girl, Sydney that works for me sold some stuff that was in storage...including your dress. So, I fired her."

Well, I'm one for believing that if you want something and it's not there by the time you go back and get it then it wasn't meant for you to have in the first place. So, I nicely laughed and told him that I understood and that that was kind of bad for business but it was no big deal on my end. Both him and Sam made a big to do about it and I went ahead and shopped for a pair of pants, shirt and necklace to take it's place so alls well that ended well, and left. I walk in at home and snickered at Tim, telling him that a girl got fired and why. He got a concerned look on his face and then nodded to the bedroom saying I needed to go see what Pepe did to our comforter. I'm thinking he puked or got so into eating his treat that he slobbered all over the place. Putting a smile on my face I walk back there and look on the bed to see a pretty little packaged bag from Sam's work sitting in the middle. I bust out laughing, run up and just touch the bag and then zip down the hall to wear Tim was sitting in the living room as his eyes were twinkling and the grin was up to no good. I kissed him while giggling and yelled, "well did the girl get fired? Really, did she?!" He busts out laughing while I ask for the details of how they all pulled this off and then text Sam that all of this was SO NOT RIGHT!! Then run back into the bedroom to pull my DRESS out of the bag from Sam's work.

So, for a worthless weekend there was indeed, some high points that made me grin, do a secret little happy dance and just think that we all need a worthless weekend every once in a while....;)

Comments

Donna said…
Awww... They did Good!!
Going to check out the link...
Mammy
Sally said…
Now, that was downright sneaky; brats all of em. :)

I haven't watched a movie in ages, but a couple of those sound good. Yes, indeed we do need worthless weekends occasionally.

Have a great week. Love ya!!

(I see Mammy was here, I was wondering what she'd been up to, haven't see much of her lately. I guess she's busy at work. Nah, she's playing with pictures!) :)
Dawn said…
I am LOL'ing !! That husband of yours is awesome. He is a keeper. OR, was he in the dog house ?!??! I am going to have to check out some of the movies. Our Idiot Brother sounds really good to me !! :)

Have a great week !!
Sally said…
Is Mammy still sick? I hope not!!!!
Jenny said…
That is so neat! I love it! They conspired to bring you joy!

That's what it's all about, my friend. And now tell your mama I want to see a picture of you in that dress.

Popular Posts