Kid withdrawls

My kids get on my ever loving nerves, chap my ass and make me want to duct tape myself to the back of the closet door most days but you let one or both of your kids leave and not be around for a night or SEVEN and you tend to soften up at least to start missing them. The day they leave....

Yup, Sam left today for the coast with her boss and family in tow and she won't be back until next week. She even commented that she hopes she doesn't get home sick. Now, I know she loves me but I think she was more than likely referring to her friends, work, starting school and all that. But, from the cute little smiley face blowing kisses and the I love you mom had me smirking a bit thinking that maybe she would me me just a little. Dang brat.

Last night I went into her room and had my famous pouty face on. Normally her eyes are rolling with her groaning out a what or two but she had her own smirk plastered on. I tell her that my baby is leaving me and I need a hug! She laughs it up until I tell her that the whole family needs a hug too and that had her throwing herself on the bed laughing and groaning again. With me plastering on my firm face and her walking out to go give out hugs. And what does she do? Walks in our room, looks at Tim and yells BYE! as she leans over to give him a hug. With me inwardly reflecting back to ALL the MANY times I had to do this with MY mom at my back, lol! It's a nice little tradition I'll gladly hand down to her when she has her own brats, of coarse;)

Then She moves into Williams room. BYE! Same as before. Will pops up asking where shes going with me telling him, to the beach. With him yelling WHAAAT?! Sam notices Sophie sniffing around and she bends down knowing she best say bye to her as well or Sophie will end up in her bed come midnight. She knows I would do it too...

And then there is the other not so little brat, William. Dang kid called me and we talked for about 20 minutes today about nothing and how bored he was. I ended up having to hang up on him with him laughing on the other end because my parental firmness in getting my point across that it was time to get off the phone, that I had work to do and with him laughing saying he'd just call back if I hung up. I even tried counting to 3. After I said one he helped out with saying two with me hanging up on him to drive home my point that I meant business mister. Only to have him call back a few minutes later screaming into the phone that he really did have a question and reason for calling back. He wanted to buy something. I should have hung up again now shouldn't I.....

                                                                           KIDS......

Comments

Sally said…
Kids~you gotta love em! She's gonna have a great time, and will be back before you know it. Did you mention that she's going along as parttime baby sitter? When does school start? In my county it started today, but in St. Augustine Hunter starts next Monday.

Yeah, that pouty face, HA! I'm seeing it now as I type. How long do ya think that's gonna work? LOL

xoxo
Jenny said…
Girl I feel your pain. I have four and they're all grown and there are days when all they do is pester me from afar. But secretly I rejoice whenever I hear each ringtone and know without looking who it is, because I've assigned them their own sound! Stephanie's is serene and Zen-like because that's how she is; Audrey's is hip-hop because she's nutty; Erica's sounds like a cricket because she's out to lunch half the time; and Andrew's is a doorbell ... don't ask me why it's a doorbell because I don't remember. Probably because I'm more likely to get struck by lightning and killed by a terrorist in the same day than for my son to actually come home and ring my daggum doorbell!!!!!!! LOLOLOL anyway I hear you but you're going to have a great time while Sam's away. And thanks for saying I made you laugh on my blog. That made my day. Have a good weekend, girlfriend!!! Give Sophie a big kiss on the lips from me.

Popular Posts