Weighing in

Well, this has to be one of the biggest issues we deal with on a daily basis that causes stress. Loosing weight, gaining weight for some, maintaining or just getting fit. Or it may be a combination of both. Either way, it's a daily headache. Now that Mother Nature has said Ciao, Cheerio, and a big Au revoir until next time this is what I find myself stressing about of coarse, once a month.

Some months aren't as bad and I don't crave hardly anything, if at all. But...there are times when food is at the front of the brain and if it IS in sight no amount of will power will stop me from eating it. Take this month for example. For the last two weeks (the week before mother nature called and during) I have done nothing but eat anything good OR bad for me.

Halloween? The holiday I just love? Mom has a bucket full of chocolates and who do u think has eaten the majority?? Yep, me. I've been popping them like pills and until today have almost finished them off. Now I can sit here and look at the chocolaty goodness and could care less if they are there or not. Hence, why it is so stressful when weighing in on occasion. I use to jump on the scale every morning first thing. Now, I may get on every other week. I always wondered why mom never weighed herself and when asked she would say that she goes by the feel of her clothes. Well, I've been doing this and all my clothes are screaming at the top of their "thready" lungs to STAY AWAY FROM THE FOOD GIRL!!!!!!!!

So now that my time of the month has passed for a bit I am back on the health kick thing. My will power returning and after a trip to the store my mentality is back in check. And to think, when I am eating right and exercising I feel SO MUCH BETTER. I have lots more energy, I sleep better but only if I exercise early afternoon and not in the evenings. If I do that I have found that my sleep is more restless. And I'll admit, I've got lots more fat buddies in my legs and butt than I do muscle. We've been friends for a number of years and some friends stick to you like leeches. Too bad they can't suck the fat back out during their fun filled stay but I guess if I eated it I have to get rid of it too....



And this only brings up another point or question...If when we are eating right and all that, feeling oh so good and on top of the world, feeling so sexy to our men or just an over all feel good in my own skin, then WHY DO WE STOP!?!? Didn't I TELL you that Mother Nature was Karma's Evil twin?!?!? She gets her claws in you and says oh but this will make you feel so much better through this difficult time and then by the time it's over ur pushing yourself off the couch like you're 8 months pregnant. Not to mention that oh so common feeling of bloatedness. My hands are always the first thing to swell and not even a bar of soap can slide my wedding ring off. I'll be walking around with my arms above my head just to get all the blood drained out so I can make a fist. And yes, I know it's because of all that yummo salt I love so much.

I on a regular basis tell the hubin that if there was any question of my favorite type food that Mexican is the best. I love all the salsas, chips, queso, different cheeses and tortilla's. Maybe I was Hispanic in a past life and this colossal craving followed me into this life. It's all I can come up with. Sounds good anyway;)

So, back to my point. Weighing in. So far this week has gone off without a hitch. No cravings...of any kind. I have changed up my eating habits though. I love food but some foods are more expensive than others and when feeding a family that also loves partaking in the joys of eating you kind of have to budget AND switch things up a bit. I normally do the low carb. It works for me. I've also done the big lunch, eating whatever I wanted and then yogurt and granola for dinner. But, as with anything else you start to feel the burn. As in BURNED out. There was once a time when I ate a sandwich from Subway every single day for over a year. I was low carbing it and I incorporated it into my eating habits and it worked for me so why change it. Now, not so much. Subway, like all sandwiches is getting old quick.

My new passion is bagels! Did I mention that I love bread??? Yep. I had a cinnamon half and a blueberry half with a slice of bacon. I have to admit all the flavors were wonderful and the added taste from the bacon just made the sweetness from the bagel that much more sweeter. Good stuff I tell you! So, that was breakfast and for lunch even though sandwiches are the last thing I want they are cheap. As in the kinds you make at home that is, lol! My dinner will be more bagels followed up by yogurt and granola. I have learned that if you spice up the old it makes it like new again;)

Exercise...I did. Yesterday I took my daughter with me and we became one with the road. Sam the whole time thinking we were actually going to become one with the road because so much traffic. Girl, pay attention and spend less time griping and more time walking and looking ahead of u. Even then, it's OK to dive in a ditch. I've done this before. Well, not dove...more like tumble, fumble and flop my way into the ditch but I didn't get hit by the car dangit! Lol! It's always a hazard to walk on the road with all the cars and trucks zumming by but like with all changes it's so much more peaceful and to say, not boring as the dreaded tread mill.

The way I was wanting to walk we would have walked over 5 miles, making a huge circle around our town. A mile and a half into it Sam was grumbling so much I just couldn't stand it any longer and made a detour. So, we only ended up doing a little less than 3 miles. I don't think she'll be coming along any time soon. And that's OK, I'd rather her not be road kill;) I on the other hand will be doing it again and again until I make the whole circle just to see if I can do it. Starting today after work too! Lol! I love a good challenge and this seems right up my alley. I did go to the gym this morning at 4. For some reason I like exercising in the morning. I feel like I've accomplished something other than sitting all through out the day at a computer.

So, when I weighed in on Sunday I learned that I gained 7 pounds eating away like I could and not gain anything. I will lose those 7 pounds. It shouldn't take that long and I have 3 weeks to do it. Next month I'll be ready for ol Mother Nature.... Have a great day guys!!!

Comments

Sally said…
LOL-Sam sounds like me; I'd bet\ bitchin' & moaning the whole time. Hey, I've been eating bagels lately too - last night for supper! Patti had to go to Britt's yesterday and I MADE her take the Blue Bell Georgia Peach Ice cream 'cause girl I'da been on it like a fly to honey. :)
Dawn said…
Bagels sound good! But, I would add cream cheese. *sigh* But, I have never tried any of the fruit flavored. I will have to give them a try. Thanks for the suggestion !!
Sheri said…
I have been fighting this battle for sometime now. I think I'm finally slowly winning. Good luck, you will succeed!

Popular Posts