Birthday's and Races

And seeing how Tim is adopted I called him up or maybe he called me, this past Friday while William and I were looking through Pinterest and we came across this picture and laughed so hard Will rolled off the bed. Literally. I asked Tim how serious he took being adopted and right off the bat he knew what I was talking about and laughed right along with us. The expressions on these babies faces are PRICELESS and I giggle everytime I se it so I thought i'd share the smiles especially since it's Monday ;)


So, Tim's birthday was Sunday. 43. Still wet behind the ears in my book. Why is it the older my kids get I freak out and the older WE get I'm like, "Eh, nothing but a number..." Lol! Tim ran around all yesterday screaming, "It's my birthday!!!" With me shaking my head while laughing at him. We started the day off at the races and as the day passed we were still at the races and when we were fixing to leave said races a newbie racer thought he was superman and crashed so we ran like hell to tend to him until the ambulance arrived.

I say we ran...Tim and I were in the truck. He saw that the guy was fixing to eat dirt and made a noise that had me looking up as the rider and bike went flip flip weeeee through the air with me yelling OH SH*T LETS GO!!!!! With me throwing the door open, throwing the phone, slamming the door and running to the guy while here comes ol birthday boy passing me like grease lightning and making it to the guy way before I do. I had a comical moment (in my head) when running that Tim won't much need a wheel chair oh, in the next 30-40 years with all this gym time and cardio he's been putting in. And then a mental (comical moment) picture of Forest Gump blazing thunder down the dirt road comes to mind as I see him tear off, lol!

Long story short, the rider was OK. Concussion and hurt wrist and maybe a really sore back. Tim even ended up letting the guys buddies follow us while we showed them the way to the hospital they were taking him to and then afterwards it was onto El Chico for lots of Mexican food and dessert and then home for more dessert and some TV and watching video's of Tim's races and then trying to figure out how to get them onto Facebook after being edited. All in all Tim might have blazed the dirt road like Forrest but he was sleeping like a baby before 9PM which had me snickering at him already passing out from such a long but good birthday spent.

The kids went to their dads and spent the night Saturday and with them coming home Sunday evening with me telling them they each had reliable phones now and that their alarms will start getting used to get them up in the mornings for school. I walked into each of their rooms and reminded them of this fact and then off to bed myself. When I got up and started my morning at 5:15 this morning when 6 rolled around and I was suppose to get kids up and didn't, it felt a little weird. And...I didn't like it much neither. I heard Sam's go off and then a minute later she was showering. 5 minutes later I hear Wills and the TV turning on. Me? I was wandering around thinking that it all sucked and they didn't need me for one more thing to add to my "My kids are growing up" list. So by that time I got dressed, said bye to everyone and went to work a little blue. Only to be snapped out of blueness when our dispatcher says he's leaving because he's ill. It's been a bugger of a day and I'm too busy to analyze so I guess that's always a good thing...me NOT analyzing...;)

And then, of coarse, Sam blows up my phone five minutes ago F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G out...MOM!!!!! Aislin (her friend) just called me saying that (so & so) just bought the same dress I'm wearing to prom in Dallas this weekend!!!!!!!!! Me (in my head) doing a HAPPY DANCE!!! Why? My kid NEEDS ME!!!! YES!!! I calmly shut her up and told her to listen up. Sam, it's the girl that makes the dress, not the dress that makes the girl. Everyone else is getting the short frilly dresses that is in this season. I asked her if she wants one like that so she can look like everyone else does or does she want to wear a dress that one other girl is wearing as well, looking completely UNLIKE Samantha Lynn. We can take the dress back and try and look for something else, it's up to you......tick tock, tick tock.....Sam, "OK, I see what you're saying...it's just frustrating because everyone knows I'm wearing that dress."

Poor Sam, she really is an original and she wants to keep it that way but every once in a while something is liked by others where it frazzles Sam's individuality. She doesn't want to be like the others but all I told her is that she still won't be. It's the person, not the dress, that makes it her own. She calmed down and I let her go. After hanging up I just laughed. DANG GIRL GET MY BABIES DRESS, HOW DARE SHE DO THAT?!?!? (In my head;) Lol! Oh well, such is life and this to shall pas and all that other stuff!!! She's wearing this prom dress to hers AND her boyfriends prom so hopefully Sam doesn't have issues at both proms with someone wearing her dress, LOL!!!

Have a great week guys!!

Comments

Sally said…
So glad Tim had a good birthday! Hunter's is today. You had me on the edge of my seat when you mentioned the accident. SO, so happy the person will be okay.

Sam will rock that dress, and maybe later will be able to laugh about the situation.

((hugs))
Dawn said…
Yeah for Tim having a Happy Birthday !! :) I LOL'ed, for real, when you were describing how Tim ran by you to help the guy. Not that fact that the guy was hurt or had an accident, just the way your describe the fact that you started off first, and then Tim came running by you. I am glad the guy was okay and that was very nice of you to show him the way to the hospital

I just want you to know that you are one helluva of mom !! You really handled the situation with Sam about the dress very well !! :)
Crystal said…
Happy birthday Hunter!!! These kids are getting too old I tell ya, lol!!! Hugs to you too sweet girl!
Crystal said…
Lol, it was just for a second funny seeing him sprint by!! He's a lot faster than I am and def more in shape!! And thanks girl, hopefully sans friends won't get her all worried about it either!
Donna said…
Well, then you and me can go get the SAME dang dress to show that Other old gal up but Good! I will if You will!!Hahaaa...
You're a good mom kiddo...don't sweat it.
Thank God that Superman wasn't seriously injured! That's a horrible feeling!!
hughugs

Popular Posts