Pinterest

Oh lordy, I finally got into Pinterest and now I can't get out of it. From cute little pictures of all puppies cute and cuddley to yummy goodness that adds 10 pounds to my rump just looking at all the yummy recipes. Oh, don't get me wrong...there is also motivational fitness ideas and some amazing idea's for all things home but it's the damn food that's getting me.

You see, my conundrum for today is do I go to the gym or do I go by the grocery store to pick up foods that i'll need for the latest and greatest pinned recipe that i've found. And i'm really sitting here, mentally, trying to clock all the hours in my evening after I leave work to see what stays and what goes or if I can fit it all into one evening. Oh, it's all doable I guess. I can leave work, high tail it to pick up the boy from school, take him home while hovering over him while he reaches for his homework and not the TV remote, go change into my workout clothes, hit the gym, run like a mad woman to the store to get my goods, speed home and try hiding from Will as he crawls out of his room thinking it's the homework that has caused his hunger pains, eat my own dinner which consists of a protein shake, banana and some pretzels and begin cooking.

Now, will it all go as planned? Seeing as how there are so many ways or reasons it could go either way, i'll just cross my fingers it all goes smooth and I get done with it all before Tim has to leave for a meeting at 6. He could possibly come in saying that it's a dinner meeting and which I will be done cooking and tell him that this is his meal for the next day but you will try a bite now that it's all nice and warm and I slaved and found it on PINTEREST just for him. Lol!

So far, I've made three recipes from Pinterest. A yummy queso dip that I couldn't pull William away from, a cute recipe on how to spice up and or combine two recipes of pigs in a blanket and jalopeno poppers and then an easy shmeasy beef tips and rice recipe. All easy and not very time consuming at all. AND, there are a couple of dessert recipes that I want to try as well. The thing is...about all this cooking??? Will anyone eat it.....That wasn't a question.

You see, Tim and I have been together for a couple 3 to four years now. And in that amount of time I have realised a couple of 3 to four things. He likes lots of chicken and steak. He doesn't like lots of rice or pasta. Even fish or seafood that tastes fishy he wrinkles up his nose at. Me? I like it all. I could make a mean chicken fried steak, roast, rice and gravy and a stew that would make you moan. Well, chicken fried steak is not so good for your daily diet with all the calories and grease, he doesn't like roast and not too keen on the rice and he's not real big on stew either. 3 strikes and i'm out already. So, my menu can be limited in what I do make for meals also based on his diet and exercise routine.

Normally, we'd both stick to something and then if one or the other stopped, so did the other and so on and so forth. But, since the summer months Tim has stuck to working out like a beast once or even twice a day and sticking to a strict diet that would go from salads and chicken and protein shakes to whatever he wanted for a day or two then change to romane lettuce wraps to fruit and salads and cutting any and all breads, yada, yada, yada. Me? Oh lordy, I was a maniac eating machine while watching him go month to month getting more healthier, fitter and losing the fat he wanted while running around like a banny rooster yelling, "BAM!!" while pointing to his cut abs and flexing his arm muscles mere inches from my face to make sure I saw the bulk and bulge.

I have to say and give him credit where credit is due, he did what he set out to do. He lost a good 15 pounds and got toned and ripped at the same time. While I on the other hand saw it all and deflated. Eating whatever I wanted and blew up a good 15 pounds. Seriously. None of the clothes in my closet fit and if I could pull them past my kneecaps I would be rolling all over the bed trying to "latch" the damn things before rolling up to a standing position only to wobble like a penguin out the door. Someone made the comment, "buy new clothes." Uh..not happening. Why? A hundred dollars for new jeans and shirts that are minimim 50 dollars? Sorry, I try and hang on to my clothes a few years before saying good bye so I finally got my head out of my bum and started doing something about it.

Change is the hardest thing. You can sit all day everyday for the rest of your life and day dream, put it off saying, "i'll start Monday" and then Monday rolls around and you find whatever excuse you can to break that thought down into why you're not sticking to it. Or, if you are me, you can take a minute to pay attention to your body and what it's telling you. There are signs...The swollen hands and feet. The bloated all over feeling, the borderline sick feeling, tiredness and run down and how many times am I going to hit the down arrow on the A/C because i'm so hot and just end up going outside in the cold to feel better. I already addressed the clothing not fitting so that IS enough for me. Did I mention the lack of motivation? Or when someone takes a picture i'm the first to duck? Yeah...that too.

So, you see, it's hard to just go right out to the store and make all the yummy things that I see on Pinterest because I know if not me, someone else will eat it eventually. Oh just find healthier recipes you say? But I want to make the other ones...the ones that I crave. SO, im doing a little compromising. Seeing as how Tim is so active and that he's a beast at the gym, working out sometimes for two hours, I make what I want and let him try it out. Or anyone that wants to while I see their reaction while eating my healthy stuff and I found out that I get the same type of satisfaction as I would if I were the one to sit and eat it.


It only took me a couple 3 to 4 years to figure that freaking out though......LOL!!!

On another note, Sam's 17th birthday is Thursday and Tim's is Sunday. Sam is also trying out for the Heart of Texas Sweethearts. They represent Waco and then the Heart of Texas Fair and Rodeo every year and they also get to do 100 hours of community service around Waco. It woud be a good experience for her. Tryouts will be tomorrow evening starting at 6PM and lasting until the last (182nd) girl is interviewed. Luckily, the get interviewed in groups of 3 so hopefully we'll get out of there before midnight, lol! You get interviewed in line with when you turned in your application SO seeing as how Sam got hers up there the day before it was due, we may need to bring dinner, snacks and a bed roll. And yes, I will be going up there with Sam to support her and help keep her calm while we sit and wait. Plus, I don't want her out that late by herself in town when she's never been in town that late and by herself before. AND to make things more intense, she doesn't find out if she didn't or did make it until the next morning....on her birthday. I told her though...just keep in mind you WON'T make it, that way if you don't you don't set yourself up for failure and a long bad day. If you do? Good job.

So, we'll see how it all goes and i'll be stopping this now to jump over and se if I can't find anything else worth PINNING on Pinterest;)

Comments

Dawn said…
Girl... I do NOT get Pinterest. I have an acct and have activated. I have the 'pin it' on my tool bar, but what in the hell do you PIN ???????? I do NOT get it ?!?!?!? What am I missing !! I see you on face book pinning everything along with my other friends and they follow me on pinerest, but I am like, what the hell. I know it is an online bulletin board. But, where do I start ?!?!?! Sounds like you got yourself a busy week with Sam and Tim's birthdays !! :) I am busy all day tomorrow (Wednesday). I am going to have to message you my cell phone number and help me get started !! LOL

Ok.... now were you talking directly to me in your blog post at the beginning ?!?!?!? Was that a get real girl and get your butt to the gym and get going ?!?! How did you know that I have gained a bunch of weight and needed to hear you say that to me ?!?!?!?!?

Thanks, girl !! :) <3

Popular Posts