Valentine's

I think this is the first time in a very long time I have been genuinely surprised. Just a few minutes ago Tim had these lovely flowers sent to me. Surprising in the way that this is the first time he has ever given me flowers before.

When we went on our first date a couple of years ago I had told him that I didn't like receiving flowers. They die all to quickly. I did however tell him that I enjoyed hand picked flowers and he has done that for me. Well, this weekend on the way to Stephenville or maybe it was on the way back, I busted myself telling Ty, when he asked me what he could get his girl and that she didn't like chocolate or flowers, that every girl loves them, they just lie and say they don't.

Yes, I owned up and outed myself right in front of Tim. It was true what I said way back then but in a sense, it wasn't. I use to feel overly guilty about wanting things or even asking for them. When Tim had asked me if I liked flowers I told him no even though what girl or even guy for that matter doesn't secretly enjoy them. After outing myself we all got to hear a loud, "What?!" come from Tim's way and I did, some what, the turtle neck move where I wanted to shrink within my shell but then I just busted out laughing and went on with it.

Well the little stinker called my bluff and raised me 6 red beautiful roses. The delivery guy walks in and I stand up and look at them as he hands them to me, really not paying that much attention. I thought dad had ordered them for mom. Until he says Crystal Waid and then I about choked on my spit while swallowing, dropped the damn flowers and stuttered a thank you as I tried to clear my thinking that they were for me.

And this is the first time since meeting each other that he has actually KEPT a surprise, well, a surprise. He loves giving things and most times he just can't wait. As soon as it is bought and paid for he's like, "I got you something! You want it? Oh come on, open it!!!" To see the sincere excitement on his face when he gives something from the heart is priceless and it's also something that he has just reminded me of one of the things that I love about him. His genuine excitement to see someone smile.

Thank you Tim. They are very beautiful and put a smile on my face. I love you..

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are very welcome. I love you and hope you have a great Valentines Day!!
Donna said…
Ahhhhh...this was sweet!
They Are very pretty!
hughugs
Sally said…
Sweet, sweet!! :)
Jenny said…
Girl we are so much alike. I always say I don't like flowers, don't get me flowers, et cetera. But when he ignores me and gives them anyway (not all that often), there is just something about that moment when you realize someone bought you flowers. It is a unique way to be remembered, and one of the most beautiful ways. Roses melt my heart on sight and I always, when they're blown, hang them upside down and dry them, then save the petals. I can look at my dried rose petals and feel a lot like I did the day the flowers arrived. I'm glad you had a love-filled Valentine's Day.

Popular Posts