The Climb

Isn't that what it's all about? Climbing? I was driving back to work at lunch time when Miley Cyrus' song "The Climb" came on the radio. Well of coarse, that got me to thinking. I'm usually always listening to the words of songs. Seeing as how they all have one message or another in them. Every Sunday that we go to church our preacher is talking about having daily quite time with God. Oh, God and I are pretty tight. I don't need to take time out of my day to do this. God and I talk all the time throughout each and everyday. Normally, he's the one slapping his forehead while repeating "why me?!?!" And, u will only see me with a bible on Sunday's. I've read it years ago and of coarse go through it from time to time but I have a feeling, and do correct me if I'm wrong, God isn't too picky as long as you're trying to connect with him in some form or fashion.

Like I was saying, aren't we all trying to make it to the top of that proverbial ladder to Heaven? "Climbing" our way up? And yes, I am the first one to say that I have fallen off, broken steps, fumbled or burned that ol ladder down and more than once. I don't know how many times or how many more times I will rebuild it only to try again to reach the top. The top being sliding into what we call Heaven. I can't wait either...First stop after I get there is some ice cream and then heading on over to Scotland to check out all the neat castles and such. Maybe ol William Wallace or King Arthur will be there as well and we can have a chat about days of old. A sword fight or two. Sit at the ol "Round Table" and BS with some of the knights. Cool stuff like that. After that I may go look for a pet dragon or something. ;)

Now, the thing or what I always like to say is, the "trick" to getting to the top is climbing your way up. How. And that wasn't a question, it was me just saying. There's lots of ways. We've all read the 10 commandments but come on, it really takes a bit of common sense. For example, be nice to others. You never ever know when you will be counting on them for some reason. And this goes along with the "thou shalt not kill" thing. If you're being nice to everyone u can't really kill em now can you? Lol!

Oh, we're all going to miss a step or fall off the ladder, climbing our way up. It's the way of nature and life. It's those "WHY ME?!?!?!" moments that turn into a whole lotta experience and if you really pay enough attention to them, you end up learning from them and won't have to climb that little step again on your way up. Granted, there's lots of people out there that have to repeat step after step, over and over. Why? Maybe it's because they themselves need extra attention to that particular thing in their life. They need full understanding that one experience won't teach. Example: Your regular turd monkey cheater. He/she does it over and over. Will they learn and change or will they just a keep truckin along doin their thing. Some do, some don't.

We start out when we are kids believing what ol mom and dad or Aunt Bertha or Uncle Jackass has scared into us. I thought that if I so much as thought bad that I was going to hell. Nope, my ladder for the climb burning up with me. It totally amazes me what we think when we are kids. And wouldn't you know, those same thoughts follow us into adulthood. Me personally, had to change my way of thinking by experience and finding knowledge where I didn't understand. Man, to think, I actually had to take the time and pay attention to something that I knew I needed to change and do it. Sure glad I did. That's not to say I don't have a WHOLE lot more to work on. That list goes on and on and on and on.....Need I say more?

Anyway, just my thoughts for today. God had his own little quite time with me today and made me think by listening to that song. Sure glad it wasn't the government sending out some kind of subliminal message. Worse yet, it could have been Aliens calling me to the mother ship. If it's in Scotland let me stop by the house real quick, pick up the family and then beam me up baby;)

Moral to this post? As long as you keep trying, you'll make it to the top. Mistakes will be made but the ending will be a lot better than if you chose not to try climbing your own ladder at all....

Comments

Donna said…
Scotland huh? Well, sounds good...When you get through There...meet me at the 3rd Star on the left! We'll be rockin' and rollin' along a,stardust filled, beach...;o)
jenn said…
Well, sometimes killing someone IS being nice to them...just sayin'.
Jeanette said…
Funny that being raised Catholic, and Italian to boot, guilt was my motivator. I didn't get far up that ladder I'll tell you! Now in my middle age I have finally let go of that guilt and I'm climbing baby!! Thanks for a great post!

Popular Posts