Ramblings

You ever go into one of your favorite food places and the ONE thing you crave they don't have? TWICE in two days? Lol! Yep, went to Subway 2 days in a row right down the road from where we live and the kids go to school. Yesterday I made the trip to spend Thanksgiving lunch with William at his school along with his wicked step mother and his sister, Ema. And I say wicked in the nicest sense of the word. Aubrey is the kids step mom and she's a good gal. She brought William's little sister up to see William and I swear, that kid is a cute MESS. I love watching people in general but kids are the most fun to watch. Their facial expressions and body language are hilarious.

Will was pleasantly surprised to see us there, thinking that everyone but him would have visitors for the occasion. Nope. And when he sat down you could tell he wasn't feeling 100% but that didn't stop the smiles that lit up his face. Plus you could tell he might be a little embarrassed as well. It didn't help that I was forever asking for hugs and kisses and well, he had 3 hot babes sitting with him. I guess it would make any kid blush a few shades of red but I bet when he gets older he'll appreciate pretty girls sitting with him and won't mind one bit, lol!

Anyway, I stopped at Subway to pick up a sandwich and they didn't have the flat bread I always get. I just love the stuff and they were all out what else do u want so sorry for the inconvenience......Well, it was Monday so I just took it in stride and got wheat instead. I go back today because Sam wanted food today and called to ask if I would bring her some. Since they will be out for the rest of the week for the holiday they, for some reason, had the high school take longer than normal lunches. They didn't have the flat bread again....Food attendant looked at me like, "didn't we already go over this yesterday when you came in??" Apparently they only get deliveries on Thursday's. Fine. Grumpier than I was the previous day because it wasn't MONDAY any more, I again ordered the dang wheat bread and left. Not much fun looking forward to eating lunch when you can't get what you like the best, ya know?

So anyway, still going to the gym and working out. I went yesterday morning but not in the evening. Spent the evening hours chasing after fabric Sam needed for school so she can sew a pair of pajama's and then back and forth from the house and store getting Will fixed up and better from an ear ache. By the time I finally got him fixed up and fed Tim walked in from a business day trip out of town and all the "I'm going to's" went out the window for heading to the gym. I kind of like seeing him too much to just run out again and miss any chance with him. With me getting up so early and then being wiped out come early evening, him so busy with work and then the kids needing stuff done and lets not forget the cleaning and laundry, I wanted the break from the gym and I extended it through this morning and didn't get up and go either. 3AM came and even though I got up and was awake I wanted those extra 2 hours to snuggle. I'll pick it back up this afternoon and hopefully see if I can catch back up.

I think I did over 40 miles last week. I was sure proud of myself. I want to try and do a marathon but am settling for a 5k that's coming up in a few weeks. Why? I'm trying to stay motivated and on track about eating better and keeping exercise in my daily routine. Also, I'm tired of over eating all the time and not finding the motivation to exercise knowing I've eaten badly. It's so easy to get into the swing of eating like you would normally and slack off or even quit exercising. Hence, the 5k and marathons. The one that's coming up will be the Christmas Jingle Bell run/walk and you can even dress up in costume and tie bells to your shoe laces. I think I'll pass on all that so I can concentrate more in accomplishing what I set out to and not bust my ass by tripping over said bells tied to my shoes. I would too.....AND I JUST SIGNED UP FOR IT!! I'm excited!!!

Comments

Dawn said…
YAY for the 5K !! I just got 'released' from my surgeon today to start exercising !! :) I am all healed up finally !! I go back and see my surgeon in 6 months. I am so pleased !! :) Good luck in your 5K !!
Unknown said…
Muahahaha...wicked!!! LOL!!! Lunch was fun for me and def a memory I will cherish!!! Thanks for including us! You will love the 5k...it will make you feel so accomplished!
Sally said…
You're quite an inspiration even to old people. LOL

Keep up the good work!

Happy Thanksgiving, Crystal. And, eat whatever you want on that special day. 'kay? :)
Donna said…
WHAT???? You CAN dress up in bells and jingle clothes and....You're NOT?? I KNOW Sami would Love it!!!Hahahaaa....right.
mammy

Popular Posts