And away we go

So, since Monday I have been watching what I've been eating. That means no yummy Mexican food, Chinese food, Swedish meatballs, yummy stew with cornbread, pancakes, and all the delicious and countless desserts that we gobble up at home and out to eat. I did get a sweet tea Tuesday though but where I would drink it all down and want more I didn't even drink half of it before walking away to get more water. No pieces of candy here, a few chips off William's plate there, no picking off the oven while I'm cooking or even preparing. Lordy, just writing this all down seems to be thousands of calories.

In the last three days I've worked out once, doing some cardio on moms treadmill for 45 minutes. Of coarse, I was planning on doing some yesterday but relatives were over at moms and Will's cousin was with us for a sleep over for the next few days. I was a tad bit busy talking to my brother and his girlfriend while at moms and then getting all the kids home, busy making food for them while preparing something totally different for myself while making up beds, straightening my room, watching the boys outside while they played with Will's remote control car, some laundry and I even ironed my clothes that I have on today. By then it was almost 9 so I jumped in the bath to shave my legs and fell into the bed with my cell phone to quickly check facebook and then as soon as I jumped up and turned the fan and light off I myself was out like a light. The whole house was and I don't think it was even 9:30 yet, lol!

Changing your eating and exercise habits can make a difference, both good and bad for a week or two after. I know this about myself because I feel it and remember it every time I fall off the health kick wagon. I get sluggish before I get peppier. Almost like a physical zap to my energy level because I've taken away quite a bit of temporary fuel I was finding in all the bad foods I was consuming. So much so I missed a call from hubby last night a few minutes before ten.

Anyway, I've decided that since I've been on somewhat of a schedule the last few days that it's easier to get into the swing of things. Knowing what you're doing and what time things are helps plan out and get into a more solid routine and when starting anything that always helps feed ones determination to accomplish. When getting on the scale first thing this morning I found myself having already lost 5 pounds, granted it's water weight, and looked down at my hands and they weren't as swollen as in the beginning of the week. So much sodium in the body tends to do that and especially to me. I just look at something salty and the bloatedness feeling hits me. It's gotten so bad in recent weeks that my wedding ring is a little too "snug" for my taste.

So, I have eight more pounds to go putting me back at my desired 108. Remember, I'm only 5 foot 2 barely so it's right where I need and want to be and it's still a healthy weight. I know this because I asked the doc last time we talked. Anything below 105, for me, isn't. And I realise that these eight pounds will take me at least 2 months to work off if I'm doing it correctly by only losing one pound a week in actual fat and not muscle. That's where all the cardio is coming in. AFTER I lose the weight then I will switch back into toning mode and work more on muscle tone while still keeping my cardio up. Weight loss can still happen with these changes so that's why I can up the calories to feed my body so it doesn't eat away at my muscle tone and it centers in only on the fat cells. Weight will still stay the same. More muscle without bulking but with less fat. At least that's the plan. I know I can get my top half there in no time. It's the bottom portion I always fight with. But, I won't beat myself up and get into extreme mode to do this. Looking and feeling good is always nice. During the hot months you aren't so sluggish and miserable and when you are outside you have enough energy and "want" to actually halfway enjoy what you're doing.

So, 8 more pounds. Keeping a food journal and my water bottle with me as much as possible. Also I am trying to learn to like running. I've never been a runner really. I loved short distance running while in track but not long distance. I find that I have a different attitude about a lot of things I didn't like growing up so I'll give it a go and see where it gets me. So that's it for me today!! Have a good day everyone!!!

Comments

Sally said…
You'll get to where you want; great determination, and I admire that, Crystal.

Happy day to you.

((hugs))
Jenny said…
Good luck to you, Crystal. I recently watched a documentary called Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. In it a 42-year-old Australian man who has a huge gut and some health problems related to diet, turns to fruit and vegetable juicing as a solution. As in, he goes on a 60-day juice fast. Of course he drops 70 pounds and gets all his numbers back to normal and his health issues all resolve. I happen to have an Acme Juicerator (the cadillac of juicers) that someone gave me years ago. I dusted it off and yesterday I made the "mean green" drink touted in the documentary. It contained kale, celery, cucumber, granny smith apples, carrots, lemon, and ginger. And you won't believe this but it was actually delicious. This morning for breakfast I had carrot-apple juice fresh from the juicer. It is so good and surprisingly filling. I did have my one cup of black coffee too. I think I may try, if not an all-out 60-day total juice fast, to add two to three glasses of fresh juice to a low-carb diet and see where it takes me. I shall keep you informed as to the result, LOLOL

Popular Posts