Crazy drivers and...the little people

Well, I haven't come up with a suitable title the last couple of times I've posted so I figured hey, what the heck. I've noticed the last few months of driving back and forth to hubbies work during lunch that most people above the age of 25 just don't care how they drive. Seriously. And no, I'm not including everyone above that age but the locals who do it count very much in what I'm talking about.

Have you ever been driving down the road in the right hand lane, because you know a few miles up you will be exiting off, when the person behind you that has also been traveling in the same lane, right behind you for a while, suddenly speeds up, gets into the left hand lane long enough to pass you and get right in front of you to exit off the bloody freaking road as well? All at the last minute. Normally if this happens once or twice I don't really comment but as of late it's becoming a common thing around here. And every bloody freaking time I'm actually holding my hand up and out to the side while I vocally ask the driver just in case they are looking in the rear view mirror, " SERIOUSLY?!"

That incident was driving to work one morning on the highway. Another incident happened just this past Friday while in town trying to get to the interstate that would take me to hubby. Same scenario. Me in the right lane while guy in truck is behind me. We are about 3 car lengths away from a stop light when truck guy gases it into the left lane, blazes glory to get in front of me and then we're upon the light and he freaking stops with his blinker on that he was about to turn. Again, SERIOUSLY?!?! And this time truck guy IS looking in his rear view mirror, apparently stunned at what I am doing because he looks in his left side mirror just to make sure or even see if I'm fixing to high tail it out of my vehicle to come talk about my obvious concern personally. And when I see what he's doing I just can't help it. (Inwardly I laugh eVilLy) He keeps checking both mirrors and I (really did) show my BEST eViL grin while inching up on his truck rear. He starts tapping on the brake while slightly scooting up and all the while I'm rubbing the steering while STILL smiling. He had a blue tooth headset on so I can only imagine those few seconds of conversation with the other guy, lol!

Different scenario but still leaves you with that "SERIOUSLY?!" word spilling out. Driving down a one way THREE LANE road. No one is in front of me, beside me or even behind me. I come up over a bridge and glance in my rear view mirror to see speed demon coming in fast. I'm all the way over in the left lane, he's in the far right. As he comes upon me he speeds up a little more just to come ALLLLLLL the way over into my bloody freaking I was minding my own business doing the speed limit just enjoying the damn drive to get right in front of me. And THEN slow down to the speed limit.....THEN 3 miles later gets ALLLLLLL the way back in the far right lane to TURN RIGHT. Say it with me people, loud and proud, SERIOUSLY?!?!?!? Yup.......

SERIOUSLY is my new word when driving. It tells ME when I say it ALLLL the cuss words I WOULD have said. I'm trying to compromise you see. Mom's always saying I cuss worse than a sailor and the kids excitedly tell on me TO HER when they hear it rip out of my mouth. So, for the most part I'm trying to fix that. At least while driving that is, lol! There are more stories to tell but it's getting late and I still have another topic to tie into this post. It's all about making sense, right? ;)

The wee little people...I swear, I am reading a fictional book about a Celtic Druid and I just love the word speak of the people. Good stuff. Anyway, I'm referring to kids. For some reason and just this summer alone there have been quite a few of my friends that are expecting a wee one. On my facebook there are friends talking about doctor's apts, baby showers, names and whatever else comes with it. And I love reading all about what the girls are going through. And that I'm not the one writing any of it, lol! To be pregnant again...Nah. I speak strongly of this. Maybe if Tim and I had met years earlier and he wouldn't have gotten fixed years earlier than that. Sure. But, there's a reason Tim got fixed and that we met when we did. That's God's way of telling us we're done with the whole "rearing of the lil ones" and to raise what we have, hold fast to our sanity and just enjoy. And, we are. Oh there are always going to be those moments when we want to bang our heads against the closest thing to us when dealing with any age. But, I don't have to do it with 3 diaper bags, a carrier, a stroller, spit rag, bottles, snacks, toys and oh, lets not forget the baby on our hip while carrying all this stuff around. Did you ever do that? Have all this stuff lugging it around and the baby was happier on your hip? Lol!!

Moving on, There was a friend of Sam's that posted on Facebook last week that she is finally realising that her so called friends are using her and that it just hurts to feel this. I made a comment, Sam even agreed with what I said and it had Sam's friend texting me to talk about her problem. For about thirty minutes I felt like mom. The oh wise one, lol! The stuff this teenager is going through is just so common and I think we all went through it being teens. Who
s your friend and who's not, who's using you and who's not. The WHY'S of it all and why it all sucks. I don't say anything to anyone thinking that they will actually take my advice. I tell them my opinion and back it up with if they are still going to have a relationship with whomever they are hurting over at least they know what to look for and be prepared for and its all on them if they allow themselves to get hurt. You can still have that person in your life but just at a distance not to set yourself up to get hurt. But just like always, they may learn the hard way or maybe not. I wouldn't do the teen years for anything again. If I wanted all that drama I would just DVR all the soaps that are still on daytime or even start watching these reality shows. Even now, I may watch one, feel like I'm fixing to go in panic attack mode and change it, lol!

So, that's it for me. Hope everyone has had a good Monday. Not so bad this way and I would like to shout THANK YOU MAMMY for the new furniture. Anything you do or give is GREATLY and always appreciated. Have a great week everyone!!!

Comments

Sally said…
I like your new font! But, I have to tell you right up front, that unless it's my computer (and, it probably is) that it's hard to read the grey print against the black background. I wouldn't say this to just anyone, but I know you won't be offended, and I'll come back later to see if it changes 'cause my computer is really wonky. :)

Have to tell you also, about Sam's friend and her problems; it's not just teenagers! Believe it or not, Patti has been dating a (according to him) divorced and separated guy for seven months and last weekend in Nashville for his son's wedding; his sister told Patti that hes NOT DIVORCED!!! He's separated all right, and Patti met HER at the wedding, but Oh boy, and I'm stuck in the mom role of hoping she doesn't see him again, but if she does I'll just grit my teeth. AARRGGHH!!!

Oh, and I hate the way people drive. I just love it though when some idiot can't wait to get around me, and we both end up side by side at the red light. HAHAHA

Have a great evening, Crystal, And, thank you SO much for your comment today; I have the feeling your dad is a lot like mine was. **hugs**
Donna said…
Ouch! Like the font but the black background makes it hard to read!
Don't worry SallyGirl, I'll make her change it...if NOT, well SHE knows what will happen to her...
Boooohaaaahaaaaa...
mammy
Donna said…
Try highlighting it...background turns blue but at least you can see it...
Donna said…
Oh crap....she thanked me for the furniture...guess I'll be nice...

Love You Baby!!!Hahaaaaa
hughugs
mammy
Crystal said…
Ok, I've been working on the blog. What y'all think? Still hard to read or is this good??
Sally said…
Good! I really like it!

Have an awesome day, Crystal! :)
Donna said…
This works!
mammy

Popular Posts