Wow, i'm back again

Well i'm back. I can't believe it either. I'm just sitting here thinking about things when I saw an add about the new Transformer movie that just came out last week. I took Will to see it last night and LOVED it, even in the new 3D. I will admit to being a Transformer fanatic. I love the movies and when I was growing up I would watch the cartoon every morning. I've never been a fanatic of the 3D movies or the glasses. After the first 30 minutes I have to take them off due to a starting headache and then discontinue watching the movie all together due to the blue/red tint to it. BUT...they have improved over the years and since my last try at it. LOVED IT and it didn't even give me a headache and I forgot I was wearing the glasses. They look like regular sun glasses with the hard plastic and not the card board like they use to. So, if you haven't seen a movie lately in 3D I highly recommend it.


Sam hung out with her guy friend that she is kind of "crushing" on now. They have been friends for 9 years. Going to the same school and in the same grade every year I would hear something or other concerning this young fella. Nothing bad. They've always talked as friends and helped each other out dealing with growing up and parents, friends, frenimies and school. Now that I've allowed her to go out with her friends and a few of them are guys, she has started noticing that she may just be sweet on this one boy. He's a good enough kid. In years past he's always been nice and polite, almost on the shy side when in reality I know this was more for me and not him. I can be shy with strangers and then I get to know them and my personality shows.



I went to school with both his parents and I know his mothers family well. We all use to be neighborhood friends so it's just down right weird to see our kids even knowing each other. So, Sam has come to me a time or two and talked about him. I'm glad she feels comfortable enough to come to me. Thank goodness. I can't even remember if I talked to my mom about guys or not growing up...Mom??? Maybe sprinting out the door, lol!!!


Anyway, Tuesday Tim and I had the best time..doing nothing... Seriously. The kids were at my moms for the night and once he got home from the gym after work we sat down played on Facebook this rest of the night going back and forth harassing each other. I love doing that with him. There was a point where Tim was going to make a comeback comment and rethought the idea. Thinking that people wouldn't understand. The way I see it is Facebook is the perfect place for friends and family to get to know what kind of relationship you DO have with one another. Everyone that we are close to knows that Tim and I give each other Hell and we love to joke and pick on each other. Plus it's a good way to allow others to join in on the fun and have a good laugh. If people, including myself, are smiling it's never a bad thing in my book.

The kids have a cousin on their dad's side that just sent me a text. He has his own phone and he's only 9. I have major reservations about handing out cell phones at such a young age but I do realise that phones can be misused at ANY age so I hold my tongue. And, he has a very unusual set up as far as home life and who he stays with so I kind of understand the why's of him having his own. He and his mom use to live with the kids and I and there for a long while we all were very close. Over the last 4 years she met a man, married and moved away and also quit her job she was at right next to where I work so we don't speak that much anymore. But, over the last year her son has kept up with us. Which is a nice surprise. Kids normally at that age live in the moment and the old saying "out of sight, out of mind" normally fits any kid his age and younger.

And he loves Samantha and William to death. I will receive phone calls or texts from his dads side of the family saying he really wants to stay in the kids lives. Did I mention this kid is intelligent as hell? Always has been. So, here in the next week or two I'm going to get him for a day or two. Now that the kids are off for summer break he can stay during the week with the kids at the house and they can have fun playing Wii games, watching movies and just reconnecting. I wish this lil guy the best in life as he grows up. With only 9 years under his belt he's had it rougher than some kids out there.

So, that's it for me. I've got lots on my mind today but I'll save it for another day. Off to answer phones and harass mom :0)

Comments

Sally said…
So glad you and Will enjoyed the 3D movie. Do you know, the last movie I went to was Steele Magnolia's. I kid you not. I have a "thing" I guess about being in large crowds plus I'm cheap. :)

Oh boy, Sam crushin' on someone. He sounds nice though; I hope he is anyway!!! I thought I told you to keep her locked away until she's about 30!! :)


Crystal, that's so nice that the young boy is keeping in touch with you, and that you're planning to have him over. All kids need love from everyone they can get it from and that's a fact in my book!

I'm SO glad you're posting again, I really enjoy reading your thoughts!

Tell Mammie I'm coming to visit her and ya'll as soon as that guest room is finished. :)

Popular Posts