Small Changes...

Well, it was time. I was getting kind of bored with the old look to my blog and thought to change it up a bit. I tried going outside blogger and finding a template but with no luck so I played around with what we had here. I'm not going to pay for someone to make one for me when I like changing things up.

So, small changes. They can be monstrously HUGE when trying to make them and even while getting use to them but after you get into the groove of the change you can't figure out why you didn't do it sooner. Big changes, more times than not are like taking chances. It's a 50/50 chance kind of thing it may or may not be a willing change in your life.

To me, small changes are willing changes on your own part. I decided to get up earlier this morning. Of coarse, Pepe helped out with that so I couldn't lay back down and with me grabbing my phone and huffing all the way to the bathroom to get ready. But, in my defense I did think about this very thing for the last few days. DOING it was the issue that Pepe helped me out on. Can't stay grumpy for too long after I wake up and think that I have a little extra time and don't have to rush as much.

I've been a total grouch the last few weeks. I would LIKE to say it's due to all the pregnant friends I have and I'm having sympathy pains for them or through them. But, then I get my mind out of lala land and know that it's all me. Why? More than likely and I'm not going to blatantly call myself out but it may have to do with good old fashioned bad habits. Maybe, but I'm not 100% sure.

It's kind of like choosing to go to the gym everyday and work out. I can do it. I've done it many times before and quite aggressively I might add but here lately I've formed a bad habit. I just haven't gone. And I do believe this is the first summer that I haven't looked upon it's arrival with dread in my mind, car keys in one hand and water bottle in the other and the mentality that I have to get a certain way to fit in with what society deems suitable. In months past I've thought that society could kiss my bigger than normal but only temporarily so, bum. I could write forever about outer appearances and my thinking on it but I'll save all of you the endless headache of reading it all for another day. Moving on...

Cleaning the house. We all have to do it. Some of us even enjoy having a clean home. I am one of those people but as of late have been falling short of going all the way to achieve this. I always said in the beginning that having kids that I could make them do it. I haven't. All their lives I haven't really made them be responsible for anything except their rooms and then even then I was slack at following through that it was done. Until recently that is. I don't have a set schedule for the kids other than Sam gets her room and the bathroom and Will gets his room and taking out the trash. I get everything else because I like it done a certain way and get a tad bit anal when it's not.

Sam takes care of all her clothes. From washing, drying to getting them to her room. Will's I still do. In the next year or so he will be responsible for his own clothes as well. I think Sam was 13 when I made her start doing her own and since Will is just now 12 next week I will be at least introducing him to the mechanics of how it all works. I've been delegating as and when I see fit to more chores. I was walking through the house just yesterday seeing the kids watching TV and the kitchen hadn't been touched. Me slamming the dishwasher, I told them right quick that if they would like to enjoy their days off through out the rest of the summer that was fine but the menial things would get done before I get home from work.

And I could go on and on but it's time to get other things done. Like I said, small changes are hard at first but in due time they become just another regular thing. I need to make a list of all the small changes I've made and want to make in the near future. Right now it's getting up earlier and getting the kids to pitch in more. Maybe I'll make a blog list tomorrow that way I can reference it often as or if I forget, lol! Have a great day!!

Comments

Donna said…
Well, since you'll have more time on your hands...come do mine?!!
Making those babies do WORK...meany.... :o)
mammy
Sally said…
Love your new look!

You're smart to teach the kids responsibilities (hush up Mammy). I didn't do that with mine; would just go through her room with a sandblaster every now and then. :)

One time I got home, and thought someone had been in the house (she wasn't home, was on a date) so I called the cops. They came & checked it out. Everything okay. And, then Patti walked in and asked 'what's goin' on'. One cop looked at her and said "You're under house arrest until you clean your room." LOL
Crystal said…
Lol!!!!! I love that Sally girl!!!

Popular Posts