Determination and harassment

Well, what a nice weekend we had. A little time spent out at the track for the guys and myself and Sam hung out with a friend. We wrapped up the weekend with Tim feeling under the weather and me getting stuck in the living room watching a James Bond marathon with Will. Thank you so much mother dear for the heads up that Will loved all the movies. It probably would have went better if they would have played them IN ORDER but as it was, it had us jumping around watching different 007's and all the ones we saw were the current ones. Give me Sean Connery any day over the current yahoo's trying to come across as THE sexy secret agent of the world and of all time. Please...I even admitted to Tim that I've always crushed on the Scotsman and even in his older age. He's just plain handsome but then again so is my hubby. May look into purchasing a kilt and mighty sword, forget spies and guns. I'm more for the old ways anyway, lol!

So this weekend was a hard weekend for me personally. A friend of mine posted a pic of her and her little girl on Facebook while they were at the beach. She was in a cute lil bikini and even her tot was looking chick. This certain friend is always complimenting me on my thinness and how tone I've been over the years. Always making me blush with her kindness. Hmph, I had to tell her right quick that something in the ol noggin clicked when I saw her pic and that I didn't look like I use to and would quite directly be taking care of that.

Why, I've let myself go over the summer. I've now gained a good amount (for me) of weight and am at that borderline point of feeling extremely uncomfortable in my own skin and not to mention barley squeezing into some clothes and not fitting at all in others. Clothes these days are VERY much on the pricey side and I love all the clothes that are in my closet. So why then have I done this to myself? Well, at first about 2 months ago I was in OK shape. I say OK shape because that's when I walked away from it because I was getting fed up with what was going on and how I was ending up looking.

Around the first of April Tim, Sam and I signed up with a trainer. We all sat down with him before starting anything so we could all get to know each other and he could listen to all our wants for what we were trying to establish. Sam just wanted to drop some baby fat and get toned. She hadn't been in athletics for a few years and she wanted to fix that. Tim wanted better health, to keep his figure and add more definition to the muscle he already had. I wanted to shed about 5 pounds and tone. That simple, or so I thought.

The trainer had Sam and I on one schedule and Tim on his own. We weren't allowed to workout with one another because in the trainers eyes we all wanted different things. So, we split up. Tim by himself and Sam with me as my workout buddy. Sam and I both kept telling said trainer over and over again as the weeks and months passed that we still wanted weight shed and tone. What Sam got was shedded weight and what I ended up getting was added weight and mass. As in gaining bulk.

I am my fathers daughter and I know my body. Da has always had very muscular legs and calves and when in athletic form I can as well or at least have been in the past. I know what works as far as weight loss, where weight is gained and where it goes and what I end up looking like if I get bigger. I am BARELY 5 foot 2 and that's pushing it. I gain weight all over but it mainly stresses the lower half. And what I ended up looking like after working with the trainer was bulkier arms and bigger thighs, thicker through the midsection and an over all weight gain of 10 pounds. No, no, no, no, NO....

I do very well with lots of cardio. If I get on a treadmill and in stubborn mode I can drop excess weight quick. My problem has been in the toning area which was the reason for the trainer. But when said trainer doesn't listen time and time again and we end up doing more weight training with heavier weights and less cardio I just had to put my proverbial foot down and stop. Sam was aggravated that we stopped but she understood and agreed. So, I was going to just take a few weeks off, get things done around the house that i had been pushing aside and pay more attention to the family needs rather than my own. That's when things went south...

Our trainer didn't really like the idea of me stopping but understood a week off. No, I said a few weeks and I would let him know when I would return. OK, but would switching days and hours work better for me because I really don't need to take too much time off. No, I need to catch up on things and I'm getting busier with the summer starting, I'll let you know. Fine, he understood and just try not to stay away too long. Sam and I are doing so well. MKAY, I'll get back with you when I'm ready. Then over the next week he would bother Tim when he went in for his training asking when I was coming in and was everything OK. Dude, she's busy, she'll letcha know...Then he would get a mutual friend to contact me and see when I was returning. As this went on I mentally REFUSED to go back to the gym. Because the mutual friend was contacting me over this I told her that I wouldn't be training anymore. The summer was too crazy and when I got up there, I got up there. She understood and left it at that. Trainer dude tried one last ditch effort to contact me about returning after that and I had had ENOUGH. I told him I didn't know when I was coming back, I was too busy. He tried turning it around like it was temporary again and I bluntly said no, that when I felt like going I would. Have a good summer and see ya next time I come to the gym to workout. He let things go then as far as contacting me but every once in a while would hit hubby up until he squashed those inquiries too.

Last week Sam and I stopped in to see a friend that works there at the gym. I told her I was going to start back in the near future and we would play catch up on life and working out. As we leave said trainer catches us and lets us know that he's got a whole new routine and it's what I liked and it was awesome so I need to hurry up and come back. I have had enough so it wasn't too hard to let him know right quick that when I did come back I was doing my own thing but thanks anyway. Sam and I got in the car and drove off with even Sam agreeing that she wanted just her and I to do our own thing. I agreed.

Now, over the last 2 months of being "off" I haven't worked out and everything has gotten soft again. I have eaten plenty and whatever I've wanted and haven't felt bad in the least. Even after stopping in at the gym I held my head up even though the trainer and others lied out their butts that I didn't look any different than I did when I stopped. I say bullshit and so does my clothes and the scale just for grins. Normally I would freak the hell out and go in obsessed mode. Nah, not this time. The trainer temporarily ruined me and I chalked it up to worrying about my family and not myself. But, after seeing my friends cute lil bikini pic and remembering how AWFUL I felt this weekend literally pigging out? Oh, it's definitely TIME.

Now...onto Tim. He's getting sick. It just sucks. The trainer harassed him ALLLLL weekend about getting to the gym, schedule for this week and so forth and Tim handled it so well and just let it go. Texting him, calling his phone, leaving messages, texting ME looking for Tim...Oh I swear. The last straw for Tim is when he was taking a much needed nap yesterday evening and the trainer called and WOKE HIM UP. Tim wasn't nice when he finally answered. He told him he was DONE, no more working out with him and that he didn't like being harassed, see ya later goodbye. Or something along those lines. Tim said this morning he called the trainer back because he didn't really remember all of the conversation but he really was done and that he'd see him at the gym sometime. The trainer sent him text afterwards...UNREAL.....saying that his rudeness was uncalled for....SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!??!?!

Tim finally said that he finally got and understood why I refused to workout and go up there. I told him I wasn't being dramatic, lol!!!! So anyway, Tim, feeling sick, is leaving to go 4 hours away with his boss for work training and meetings. Poor guy can't even take a sick day and sleep until he leaves because the 2 employees that are in the office are still too new to be left alone. I walk in this afternoon to take him a homemade sandwich with him just looking like he wanted to crawl in a hole. We'll pack him some medicine and other stuff and pray this is the worst of it and he'll get better quick.

And as for the gym, Sam and I will BRAVE returning this afternoon when I get off work. It just bites the big one I have to be on the look out for people and not get pumped up about my return to health and fitness....The story continues...lol!

Comments

Donna said…
Hey...Need Mammy to go with you? I'll take care of the pipsqueak trainer!
mammy
Crystal said…
Nah, between Tim Sam and I I think we're good. It just sucks u can't walk in somewhere with ease and have to be on edge. Oh well, this too shall pass just like these pounds will too, lol!!
Sally said…
Life is difficult sometimes without harrassment. That plain sucks; excuse my French. :)

Good for you, girl!!

((hugs))
Jenny said…
See, this is why I don't like to engage (or pay for) anyone else's help or support in my healthy eating and exercise-for-health-and-weightloss endeavors. Like you, I KNOW what my body can handle and what it can't. I'd rather somebody throw me down and kick me than make me do floor exercises or anything like that. I love to walk and hooray, hello, walking happens to be the best exercise in the world. So taking a two-mile walk and avoiding sweets and carbs in excess will do for me what none of the trainers (that I can't afford anyway) can or will do. I'm a stubborn cuss and really do not want or need someone breathing down my neck, trying to fit me into some little box. YAY for you Crystal, following your own instincts. They won't fail you.

Popular Posts