Projects

This is a wreath that William helped out with in his Science class. His teacher, Mrs. Cooper, is a past classmate of mine and the most awesome teacher at our school in my opinion. Will LOVES this class the most and his 94 average in her class so far proves it!!!

Any-wayyy.......Projects...as I was saying....


You remember those from back in school? Ah, I loathed them then and I loath them now. Now being that I'm already out of grade school, Jr High, High School and college and doing, yes I said doing them for my son. One project really.

He had a "My Culture" project that was due today and over the last week he helped me (or is it I helped him??;) find all the pictures. See, I did let him participate. The different subjects that you could find pictures on were things like religion, celebrations, holidays, music, clothes, food and a few others. Well...the paper that the teacher sent home with the list had big, bold words saying MAJOR TEST GRADE!!! So of coarse, seeing as how the kids get out 2 1/2 weeks for the holidays coming up that told me that this was a VERY IMPORTANT GRADE.

And that I should "help him" as much as I could. So what did I do to help? I took over.....

Oh the whole time I'm "helping" William on this I see Tim walking though the house speaking up asking WHO'S PROJECT IS THAT CRYSTAL??? With me always giving him the eViL eye saying Wills and HE DID HELP FIND THE PICTURES!!! LOL!!!

I don't do this kind of "helping" very often. A couple of times a year at most so when I do it I feel it's OK. To me, it's insurance that I know HOPEFULLY that at least one of his grades in that class will be higher than a 70 and it'll help him out. IF that is, I understood the directions and did what I was suppose to, lol! Yes, there is a sinking feeling as well that I just helped Will BOMB the class. Second guessing yourself is a great form of mental torture.

And, it made me feel just a tad bit more at ease mentally when I asked Sam and her friend, Kari, to help as well and they did. SO, I count this project as more as a "family" affair. Tim helped too just by letting me know that this was Wills project and that by me doing it Will would get a zero when he turned it in. Tim was "mentally" helping so I included him in to the mix too. (That way if I get a good grade I will definitely retaliate by gloating and running through the house doing my happy dance.) Even the dog, Pepe, helped by jumping all over the pictures when we had them all spread out on the floor. I chalked that up to him picking out his own for the project. Man, I love family projects when everyone pitches in to help! ;))

I didn't take a picture of said project but when he gets it back and GRADED I will post it up here to let you all know what I made. Ah, being in school is STILL fun when you make it that way, lol!

Comments

Donna said…
Hahahaa...sometimes girls just 'wanna have fun! I've done it as well and see how you turned out? No zeros as I can recall...
Togetherness just makes a family.
That's a cool wreath there!!
mammy
Sally said…
That's a great wreath!

I so hope you get a good grade, Crystal. And, can remember some of "our" school projects; you ain't the only momma helping. I'd get so worried 'cause Patti would wait til the very last day! :)
Dawn said…
I know Crystal you are going to get 5 stars and a "A" !! :)

Can't wait to see the picture of it and that wreath is really pretty !! :) Glad to see you blogging again. Not sure if I will be or not. Will let you know !! :)
Jenny said…
BWAAAHA. My kids had to do all their own projects. I went shopping.
Crystal said…
Sally girl, They do that too over this way! Luckily Will "found" the paper early and showed me, lol!

Dawn, I'm kinda nervous to know what I got, lol!! And YES, let me know if you do!

Jenny, Oh wow, if I had enough money that's where I would be for sure!! But...i'm thinking my kids would be in the same grade forever, lol!!

Popular Posts