Another Year

I really do believe this year has flown by. Last I checked I was saddened by Ty leaving for the Air Force even though he was doing something very honorable with his life, fretting over Sam turning 16, wondering how to make it a special birthday for both her and Tim, refusing to acknowledge William was almost as tall as I am, wondering if I would remember what age I would be in 2011 and hoping to get through anything bad that would come our way.

Well, in two days 2011 will have turned its final page in all our lives. I have to admit that emotionally it's been both good and bad. Ty leaving the nest was a difficult time to begin the year, problems with Sam that we were dealing with was wrapping up from 2010, William began to come out of his shell finally and picked up interests such as Football and Band. He learned to speak to others more and formed a bond with Tim. We traveled a little this year, with Tim and I taking Ty to Georgia, seeing a dear friend and letting Ty go on to finish the final miles to a place he will now call home for a number of years to come. We've gone to MX races, drag races, concerts, taking the boat out on the lake, invited family members out of town to share in holidays, made repairs on the home, witnessed the baby steps Sam is taking in her own quest at adulthood with getting her license, a vehicle, beginning to date and out with friends. Finding her first job. Spreading her wings as did William in his own ways.

I've noticed that at the end of this year we all are not who we were when we started it. We have all grown in some form. Even changed in others. Whether it be emotionally or physically, it's happened. We've faced a lot of what life likes to call challenges and some we've faced head on and some we've taken baby steps to over come, trying to find the right ways to put the past in the past and look onward to what lies in front of us. Whether we've done this alone or together. We've had plenty of things to come into each and every one of our lives to mark it in some way. We've never forgotten to keep laughing through this year, taking everyday as it comes. Laughter, in my mind, is what I want to remember of this year. From Tim and I making fun of one another, Will running around stinking up the house with glee written on his face to Sam tripping over her own feet and walking into walls and lets not forget Pepe the peeing, pooping, give me my treat and any food you got, loving child dog. I just wish we could potty train him like we've trained him to bark if he wants a treat but I guess we will need something to keep us busy in the new year to come, wouldn't you say?

Relationships have been tested a great deal this year but I wouldn't say in the worst possible way. I think, looking back, that 2010 was the most difficult year. With it flowing over into this year hopefully we've just spent this time sweeping up the remnants of the struggles we've faced. The difficulties of life, relationships and getting along and becoming more of a family. Learning what is within our own control and what we have to share or even compromise in dealing with and going through. Yes, life has a funny way of testing you at every turn but like I said earlier, it's the laughing that has pulled me through it all. I can bring up to mind many sad times this past year. I could bring it with me on a daily basis and carry it forever going through every year that I am granted to live this life God gave me. But why? What's the point in holding on to things that have already come to pass...

Life is a daily struggle but it's doable. Anything in onces life can be learned from, enjoyed and lived to the fullest. I intend to do a lot more living and a lot less struggling to get through what life hands me. Taking a different outlook on life and the people in mine is my New Year's thing this time. Food? Weight? Eh, it's always going to be there, ever the constant. My kids won't be for very much longer. Tim, hopefully will stick around to enjoy my own memories with me and I him...

OH!! And lets not forget all the harrasing of the MAMMY I will be doing in 2012! SO EXCITED about that!!!!!!


 Ty, with his dad just this week. 20 years old now.
 Will, with a girl....
 Sam at her lil sis, Ema's, 5th birthday rodeo party.
 Will JT and Sam all helping each other carve the pumpkin
 Will, with MORE girls.....
 Will, riding that 8 second ride at Ema's 5th birthday party
 I love these....
 Sam and her first boyfriend, JT
 Sam, as a Junior in HS and spirit leader with her friends
 Ty in New York with Tim a couple of months ago harassing poor Mini Mouse, lol
 Tim and I this summer at a concert
 Tim and I took Will to the HOT Fair and Rodeo
 Sam and Will this summer when Tim took us to the drag races
 Tim...at the zoo...beating up the animals...
 Everyday life for me...
 Pepe...having his dinner and drink
 Pepe, having a difficult year with his seizures, visits the doggy doctor
 Will, with MORE girls and now he's got a partner in crime!
 Family visiting for the 4th of July
 Us visiting my best friend and should be sister of about ohhhh, almost 25 years now
 Sam and I at the Pro races Tim took us to
 And me thanking him for it!
 Will, chillin at the races
 Family time at it's finest
 Ty, Tim, his mom Lynn and his second momma Jody at Ty's Air Force graduation
 Me and my guy
 Will enjoying the snow day
 Sam, turning 16
 Sam leaving a special message for Ty on his truck right after he left
New life...new memories. Ema, Will and Samantha's new lil sister Ruby Cale.
Smiles and laughter. It's what I want for my future.....and my new year ;)

Comments

Sally said…
Beautifully written. Love the photo's.

I hope 2012 will be all you need, and want it to be.

Happy New to you and your family. And, yes give Mammy HELL this year. She loves it! :)

Love ya!
Donna said…
It Has been a year... My babies are all growing up and away...oh well...time for a new hobby... Wonder how much a ticket on the next rocket to the moon costs...
Nahhh.... I gotta stay here to DEFEND myself....:0)
mammy
Crystal said…
Sally girl, I hope it is too. Just going to take it day by day and make each one the best I can!!

Mammy, My new hobby is painting!!!

Popular Posts