Simple evenings

All the cleaning is finally done! I got home yesterday and whipped it all back into shape and spent the rest of the evening relaxing. I swear it's like having a semi new house. With a little bit more space too. Tim bought a new TV to replace the huge one that took up quite a bit of room in the living room so he mounted the new one on the wall and wow, what a difference it made. Now if I want to rearrange furniture I can!!! Now, I just need to figure out what color I want the walls to be painted and get after it! HOPEFULLY, I will start this sometime in the next few days. I want to have something done at least when Tim comes home! Suggestions are welcome!!

The kids and I spent a nice, relaxing night just laughing at each other, being as loud as possible, eating pizza and watching TV. It was a very enjoyable evening. Pepe snuggled up with me every chance he could, still missing his daddy and I have to say that with so much going on it's been somewhat bearable with Tim not home. NOT saying I like it but I'm at least not a screaming lunatic banshee biting every ones head off until his return. The week isn't over with and I still have around 3 more days left so hopefully I can pass the time smiling! The below pic is a current one of Ty with his dad in Delaware at Texas Roadhouse eating some dinner. To me, he's changed so much. Now a big 20 years old he is definitely not the 16 year old "kid" I met 4 years ago. How time really does fly. And here is the proof of that...Miss you Ty;)

Yeah, so when your spouse is gone it makes you realise when just there presence isn't there that they truly are important and missed. You look back on all the fusses you've had and all the times you tried like hell to prove your case and why you are right or blah, blah, blah and it just doesn't seem to matter as much. I don't like to fuss and we don't do too much fussing about many things but it happens to the best of us. I guess it is some what of a blessing when you are apart so it makes you think, appreciate and realise the importance of when you are together to be as compassionate, understanding and caring of the others wants and needs as you would want the other to be for you.



Sam text me yesterday and said she was a big sister again. Her dad and step mom welcomed a sweet baby girl into the world yesterday evening. Ruby Cale is her name and I wish her all the happiness, good health and love that any child deserves. I wonder sometimes what Sam thinks of being "the" big sis. I was the baby but always wanted that role of the older child. She is fixing to be 17 in about 2 months. William is 12, Ema is 5 and now Ruby Cale is here. ALL fun ages but it's really fun when they're young. All the firsts you get to experience, walking and talking and all the cute fun clothes you get to buy. Not to mention all that's available as far as activity toys and fun things like that they have now versus when the older kids were born. Wow, what an exciting time for Sam and Will and now Ema to get to partake in all the fun of a new lil one growing up.
So anyway, that's it for me. I'm off to look for Potty pads for the Peppers so he'll QUIT peeing on my new floor, lol! DANG DOG!!! Have a great day everyone!

Comments

Sally said…
Awww, another sweet bundle of joy. I love the new babies, but I'm scared of them too. :) Like, when my daugher was born, my mom bathed her for the first week. I was so afraid I'd do something wrong.

Now that Rylan Benny is here, I'm an old fuss budget tellin' Brittney what to do. She keeps tellin' ME that she KNOWS what she's doing.

So glad that Ty is doing well, that's a great photo.

Love ya!!!
Donna said…
Isn't that a cute blankie they wrapped her in! In our day it was either pink or blue...
Ty has really changed! Not that gangley little boy anymore.
mammy

Popular Posts