Wrap Up

So, I haven't been over here in about a week. What started it off is that last weekend Tim and I got to watching TV. I got hooked on the History and Military channel as they were having some kind of mini marathon about WW11 and the Holocaust.

I have o say I have been extremely ignorant when it has come to our history and even more with my willingness to learn about it all. I was so into watching show after show that I went from our room to the living room with Tim and even Samantha following me to watch as well. I watched quite a few hour long segments and then even after that was hell on wheels getting to my phone to get on the Internet to do other research then going to work Monday and Tuesday and after finishing my work, finding Holocaust survivor websites and reading as many accounts as I could. THEN, finding books about it all on my phone to read in my spare time at home through out the week.

I have to say, I was devastated at what all I had learned. I was angered. Just thinking about what all I learned brings tears to my eyes even now wanting so badly to mentally send out to Heaven, to all those millions of lives that were snuffed out in 5 minutes or less in those damn, decking death camps. The unfairness of it all is absurd just thinking about it. There is no emotion or words that describe the 12 years that Hitler ruled. And ruled he did.

I was so absorbed by all the information that I was reading that I found that that was all I could talk about. As soon as Tim would sit down, bathe or get where I knew I had his attention I would tell him what all I learned. I think for a time I was a little depressed besides seething, spitting mad about this time in History.  I knew from half ass paying attention in school that Hitler ruled and that millions died because of it. That Jews were involved and that after years, he died. I filled in my own blanks to find out that it was several different races that he gassed, shot, raped and defiled in any unimagined way that he or his sick SS or scientist could dream up. I didn't realise that he hated Gypsies and gays. I actually thought it was only Jews. My own ignorance showing. But, finally, after all these years I'm pulling my own head out and finding out. Finding out that he tried to run for the seat for president and failed. Then went back after regrouping and not only got the chancellors chair but made it to where the president had no choice but to answer to him. His superior manipulation skills eventually got him everything he wanted. He just didn't think that these weak "sheep" would find the strength before death came for them in some form to stand up and revolt.

Every time I read a survivors story I cried with such emotion and was so thankful that even one person could survive and then turn around and tell what they had lived through, some for years. I am still reading about Auschwitz. One of the main death camps and the only scientist to have made it out and told his story.  The things that even the prisoners that were kept alive on "rotations" until they were sent to their deaths as to not tell what was going on, what they had to do and watch others do to their own people was so sad.

Oh, I could get so emotional but I won't. Besides that then Will got sick and I was home with him cleaning the house as to get ready for the family that we were expecting in for the holidays. Then to top it off we wake up Thursday and we end up spontaneously ripping up our carpet in the living room and then tiling the living room, hallway, kitchen, dining area and both bathrooms. Having Christmas with my grandparents, my mom and having our own and then sending Tim off to the airport so he could go spend this week with Ty since Ty couldn't come home and then working today and getting caught up on all invoicing from the holiday. Its been on heck of a busy last week. I'm currently partying it up big time over at the parents house because we have no bathroom use at our house, waiting on the floor guys to come back tomorrow and finish up the flooring. Oh what fun we are having!! Lol!!

Christmas was a very special one to us this year. Tim's nephew and his wife and little boy came to stay with us and we all had the best time. I hope we made them all feel welcome because we did enjoy the time with them, all the good food, traveling to and from and playing a really fun gem of Farkle. My parents made a wonderful meal Christmas Day and just welcomed everyone in with open hearts and arms. I'm very grateful for the kindness they give out to people they haven't even met but allow them in and treat them like family.

The kids got everything they wanted. Tim spoiled me rotten with clothes, food and a beautiful necklace and even bought Will and I a bow. I loved mine so much I nailed all but one arrow on the board and almost got the bulls eye right down the middle. Before too much longer I'll be giving ol Robin Hood a run for HIS money;)

Comments

Sally said…
I'm not very educated on history, but I do know that was just the most awful time. Lordy mercy. :(

Glad you all had a good Christmas! I hope the New Year is good for each and every one of you. :)

Popular Posts