Anytime is good for intimacy

I've totally been slacking over here. I'm trying to post during the week and rest on the weekends but this past week was somewhat difficult. Plus, it's been a little bit busy at work. Every time I would start writing the phones would ring.

Sam's gone for the summer. Left Friday to go with her dad and step mom. I've had a little pre-separation anxiety but with some major patience and lots of hugs, Tim got me through it. Not quite sure if she'll be there the whole summer but hopefully it will be a good thing for her and that side of her other family.

Guess with all the crazy and over analyzed emotions I've had this whole week, intimacy has been on my mind. There's all kind of intimacy. It can be between friends, lovers, husband and wife, children, parents, whatever. Any relationship out there has some form of it. My thoughts on it as of late is how important it is on that one on one level with others.

As all of us know, this is a crazy, busy, unpredictable world we live in. Nothings a guaranty and time is of the essence. When do we slow down enough to have intimacy with others? Do we set moments aside like lunch dates, date nights or other small get togethers to get that one on one time with the people we care for most or do we, realising how busy life can be, grab those moments when we can.

I know that I am all the time talking to friend's about getting together. Ending the conversation that we'll "get together soon" and then weeks, months or even years pass by without doing so. Is it laziness or does life really get that busy where we don't find or make the time. But, with my husband I am always thinking about sharing special moments. Even when walking down the hall I just bust in on the kids just to keep that intimate connection. Even if I just look at them and say I love you. Hopefully one day they will remember that I may have been hard to live with and they never got a "yes" out of me on everything they wanted but that they always knew that I loved them, hugged them and payed attention to them.

Does it matter when trying to achieve intimacy how much time is spent? I'm the first one to admit that I love those quick I love you's or hugs and kisses. Those special little looks that make you smile or laugh. Anything to make the intended feel something that is just for them. And yes, I do feel that everyone that u have a relationship with you treat them differently. I won't treat my husband like I treat my kids. I won't treat my mom like I treat my friends. I hope this makes some kind of sense. I just believe that if I treated everyone the same, no one in my life would feel special.

People like to say that there's never any time to spend doing something intimate. I call bull shit on that. Period. I don't care if Tim and I are in a huge crowd. I grab has hand, rub his back, give a kiss, whatever. Intimacy doesn't always have to involve words. With the kids it's a little harder in crowds unless it's their idea most times than not. Being the ages that they are they want that independence away from adult intimacy. Grand parents can't say Oh I love you babydoll in the cute lil voice while parents can't drop them off with their friend's while yelling out the window how much they love and miss them. I say this but love doing it all the same. My mom did it to me and she had a hell of a time so it's only fair to pass the torch. Right? Lol!

So, to try and keep this short (lol) I'll wrap up by saying this. Make the time to steal those MUCH needed special moments of intimacy that helps make all bonds stronger. There's nothing worse than feeling that you're not special in some way to someone else.

Comments

Donna said…
Momma Loves her Babydoll....I'm being intimate here, so bare with me.
I don't think you "make time" for intimacy...you just remember to Do it. Only takes a second and your reward is a smile.
So....that's my take on it.
LUBBING YOU
Mammy
Sally said…
You're so right, Crystal. This reminds me of that old saying 'it's the little things that mean the most'. ((hugs))
Dawn said…
Does texting count ?!?!?! lol You are so right about intimacy. Thanks for the reminders and I will improve. We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary this weekend. I know it will be special !! We are so right for each other. He is my best friend, lover and my friend!!
Crystal said…
Mom, and I love you too:) And yeah, I get what ur saying but sometimes when ur not use to doing it u have to think about it, temporarily. Does that make sense? Then afterwards, it just happens without thought.

Sally girl, VERY TRUE!

Dawn, YES!! I text all the time saying mushy emotional stuff!!!!
Jenny said…
I won't treat my husband like I treat my kids. I won't treat my mom like I treat my friends. I hope this makes some kind of sense. I just believe that if I treated everyone the same, no one in my life would feel special.

That makes all kinds of sense, Crystal. I paid respects to this recently in my blog. I have four grown children: three daughters and a son. And even though I talk to each of them at least once a week, and we talk about all kinds of things, none of them are my "friend" and certainly not my "best friend."

They are my children. Their father is my best friend. To treat everyone like a "best friend" would be, in my opinion, like having no friends. Each relationship has its own "weight" and calls for its own special intimacy.

One of my favorite sayings is To honor all is to honor none.

And I'm like you: whether we're sitting in church or having dinner or just hanging out at home, I reach for my man's hand often. He reaches for me often too. I would be so sad if we didn't do that.

Look at me, blogging on your blog! LOLOL going now.
Crystal said…
Thanks ok girl! Love reading what u have to say!! And I fully agree with you. I WOULD be so sad if that happened. I enjoy and am always smiling when he reaches for me like that. Still get those lil butterflies;o)

Popular Posts