Behind the Memory

I have fun taking pictures with my camera. Always being the one to do it rather than the subject. The camera and I don't get along too well so I like the "behind the scenes" side instead. Sam, JT, Sam's friend Heather and her man, Matt, all went with my mom and myself out and about to a few spots to take pictures. Mom had made a comment not too long ago of the kids school pictures that you see time and time again, year after year and the same ol thing each time. I like taking them myself and so does mom. Although, mom is better at editing them by far, than I am. I look on these professional sites and just cringe at what I've just edited and the way I went about it.

A day before we all went out to take the pictures I kept checking the weather. Time and time again every weather channel I checked said CLOUDY with a chance of rain....You think the kids cared about a little cloud cover? Not realising that the sun is MY friend I was rolling my eyes and sighing with resignation and venturing fourth to see what mom and I could get as far as pictures. What we did end up getting was a great big kick out of watching and listening to all the kids. As we leave, Sam and JT are both on the phone to the other couple who had just broken up a few minutes before, lol! Mom and I looked at each other as we began the trek to our first stop with a twinkle in our eye and a giggle boiling up in our belly. Youth...

Long story short, I told Sam and JT that who ever showed up got their picture taken and who ever didn't was going to miss out. I wasn't waiting nor was I putting this off for another weekend. It's a lot harder coordinating something like this when you have four kids that live in four different places that still have to ask permission to do things. I didn't wait. So, down the road we traveled with mom and I laughing our butts off while JT and Sam pleaded and begged their friends to get back together and show up. Then as we travel to our point of interest I remember why I loath mom riding with me. She's a side seat driver. And a very colorful and active one at that. Did I mention she gets excited easily? No? She does...We come to an intersection and as we are going through it because, well, we DID have the right away, another vehicle that was coming straight at my front passenger side door, where my MOTHER just so happened to be placed. Oh, if only I had a video camera. Mom started kind of, and this is the only way I can describe it, is she started butt hopping while slapping my car window very rapidly while yelling, "Hey, watch it, watch it, watch it!!!!" Until she mentally and subconsciously broke down every barrier between us and the other car until it bent to the mercy of her will and came to a stop. LOL!!! We were all laughing our tails off while it was happening and just for about 3 seconds I actually stopped the car, looked around mom to the other car just to see what their reaction was. And to my humorous amazement, the driver was grinning from ear to ear. I couldn't help it, as I began to drive I busted out laughing at the whole thing and started slapping my own window imitating mom. So, for the next few minutes we drove and laughed while mom was calming down her inner and very MALE banny rooster that she must have borrowed from Tim, my husband. Another time, another story and a funny one at that. ;)

It only got funnier as we drove. After that we had to merge onto the Interstate and had to do it fast. Mom likes to take her time and go slow. Sometimes and especially when you are getting ON to the interstate, you have to speed up. Have you ever heard of the "oh shit" bars that are installed in most vehicles? Placed at the side of each passengers head on the vehicle for you to hold onto or grab in case of an emergency or what we like to call down here in Texas, as an "oh shit!" moment? Well mom was pretty much saying that catch phrase silently as we merged on the big ol scary road at a higher than her rate of speed and I didn't know if she was going to bust a hole through the side of my ride, karate chop a whole through my floor board or start slapping my passenger window again. Sheesh...paranoid much?

So, we make it to a few spots, get some cute, cloudy pictures and move onto the next spot where we finally meet up with broken up 30 minutes ago but in love now couple. On a side note, back in my youth I didn't have boyfriends. I was scared of them and as well I should be so I just stalked (silently) my prey of the week, month, year...I'm GLAD I didn't have a steady at this point but then again it could have taught me a few pointers before I did get into my first real relationship, lol! Oh well, I had no drama and was glad of it and now looking at the kids I am so glad I am married! And if I wasn't married? Oh lordy, I would be all by myself, go buy me one cat and one dog and watch the two tear the house down but it wouldn't be my drama!!! LOL!!!!

While we were out and about we got some really good pictures. But...and thats a pretty big but, I really wish the sun would have been out to give the pics that something extra that helps me when editing. Natural light, there's nothing better. Which leads me to my point hours later. I get on the professional sites and just drool. I look at mind and while I laugh at the memory I am wishing to perfect it. And then I stopped and remembered, laughing my butt off at what the kids did or what someone else said or by almost getting mugged (in moms eyes) if we walked by the 3 scary looking men that were sitting down watching us while WE acted like a bunch of goons on speed. And then I realised I wouldn't trade my picture memories, however good/bad they are edited, for anything. Annnd then again, I can always check my phone like I just did and see the pictures my mom has just recently edited and laugh out loud while cussing like a sailor (internally that is) and decide that I will go and take the pictures, live the funny moments and remember what is and always will be behind each and every one of them but MOM is going to edit every single one I take!! Wonderful work mom!!!!

Comments

Donna said…
Well, thank you for the sweet compliment... You Know your photos are gorgeous! Dork!!
As to the Hi-speed driving experience, I shall remain forever mute... :0()
Mammy
Dawn said…
What fun memories you two have. I think next time you two girls go, that your Dad and Tim should venture out with the video cam so I can see every one acting like goons !! LOL

But, to my point, the pictures (BOTH of yours) are beautiful. I know it helps when you have attractive kids !! :)

Thanks for writing today !! *grin*
Sally said…
You and your mammy are too funny! So glad you all had a great time, and the photo's are gorgeous! :)

Popular Posts