Grandparents Parents and Memories

Yep, that's right. That is the topic for today. At least that's what Tim and I talked about today during lunch. And how in the hell we got on that topic, I have no clue. I must have made a comment, I think, and then one thing lead to another. So much so I remember Tim grabbing up his phone and voice recording a statement that I had made and he wanted in for any future reasons when he may need to whip it back out to let me know that I had told him that Grandpa's do not have to change diapers. I guess he wanted to make sure that I stuck to my word.

As we snicker about this subject I let him know that Sam and Will's Gampa never changed a diaper. Tim looked completely doubtful but I told him it was true. All gampa did was get to hold the babies, play and when he wanted, feed them. No poopy diapers for him. He always said that that was for the parents. He did his when we were young and ain't doing it again. He stuck to his word. Plenty.

So, I got back to work, hopped on moms FB where she keeps all her pics and started going down memory lane. Grandma's and mom's really do all the work while the men get off with a free pass. Why the hell is this?! Well...

 One of the things that moms and gamma's do best. We console, accepting with open arms, our children and grand children. Dad's and Gampa's??
 They do as well but on a much different level. They get to be the cool peeps.
 While us women folk carry around large, heavy children. Not to mention sick, all the time.

 While the cool peeps get to have all the fun....Hiding in the Amazon fighting off monkeys and man eating lions.
 Take adventures and ride rides.
 Have all the cool exciting talks that the women folk don't understand.
 When all else fails...bribery works too.
 Men teaching our babies their number one rule...Sit, drink and own the controller and you control the world.
 But there are those moments when us women folk tend to extract our revenge through the use of our wee ones. After this picture was taken we allowed Sam to Glam paw paw up with necklaces and the like. Not to mention the pink shirt he was already wearing.
 Sometimes though, the men suck up. Knowing they are fixing to be found out ;)
 Or bribe some more. It's an age old tradition that is passed down generation to generation. And what does this teach us? What all the men try and instill in us?
 That we're the sh*t, that's what.....
 As in SUPER STARS!
 Or even MOVIE STARS!
 Eating fine cuisine. And as much as you can eat.
 We then tune it into a fine art. All that money fame and food. But then it tends to start spiralling out of control.
 And then we end up fat, broke and STILL thinking we're the sh*t.
 But then there, a few years down the road, we dust ourselves off, go to the women folk for better advice and we are no longer chubs looking for a donut, wondering when the next dollar will be coming our way and that our gamma and mom just told us a secret about men and their ways and grin that we know something they don't...evilly too.
 It all starts some where. A loving mother almost losing her life for her child, a father that tore down the hospital walls to save her and a she devil child that has given them much hell but loved them always and appreciated nothing until later in life. It starts, it's lived and then it is freely given away. Love. In so many ways. The good bad ugly and the glorious. Through miracles and devastation that bring you to your knees. In the end, it's always and forever more, all about the love.
 And that even after all these years I'm STILL the sh*it;)))
 SUPER STAR!
 But more importantly I am a mother.
 And the one that always tries to make it all OK.

 While I always cherish the guidance from the grand parents and what they offer in love, acceptance and truth about living, life, love and everything else. (Just can't get mom to shut up about politics until freaking Obama gets outta office...)
We all try our best. Whether it be moms, dads, gamma's or gampa's. Together or apart. We are there for the young. As we age and as more is added to our lives we gain little gifts, if you will. Grand paw's don't have to change diapers. I still don't see the damn reason behind it so just go with it OK??? TO BE CONTINUED UNTIL CRYSTAL THE SH*T SUPERSTAR, MOVIE STAR and FINE CUISINE EATER GETS BACK ON TRACK OF HER DANG STORY!!! OKAY?!?! ;)

Comments

Donna said…
Awwww... Such a sweet story from my tomboy superstar....
I love you. It truly is all about love!
Mammy
Sally said…
LOLOL - I about cracked up at the last sentence, you getting back to your story. HAHAHA

LOVE the photo's. I guess the gist of what you're saying goes back to the cave men carrying those clubs while the cave women did what came naturally to us; taking care of sh*t. :)
Dawn said…
This was GREAT !!! It took me down memory lane but with my grandparents and my parents.

Like Sally, I loved the last sentence !! :) LOL
Crystal said…
Lol, glad y'all liked it! I still can't remember my point to the dang thing though, lolol!!!!!

Popular Posts