The White Coat

This coat has been sitting in my closet since Christmas. After the holidays were over and we all went back to work, Tim asked me why I hadn't worn it yet. My reply to him was that it was too pretty to get dirty and all messed up. I work at a plumbing shop. Not too much around there stays clean unless mom and I are the ones cleaning. And of coarse, as I type this, Ken reaches for the broom and starts sweeping, lol.

Anyway, as I got ready for work this morning I walked into my closet. I normally growl while trying to figure out what I will wear today but as I enter I look up and see the white coat just hanging there on the rack and it hits me. If I wait for every moment in my life to be the way I want it to I will be continually waiting and life will keep going by. With this white coat still stuck in the closet, never getting worn and me always wishing for that right time to wear it. Seasons will change and it'll be hanging there for another year until fall and winter come rolling around again. And I'll still be waiting for that right moment.

Why wait? Life wasn't meant to be waited on so what's the point? It continues, even if we don't. Beauty, in whatever image is set before you, is meant to be shown in all it's brilliance. Whether it be clothing, people, places or even ideas or thoughts. Tim bought me a coat because he thought I would look pretty in it.

This morning I took the white coat off the hanger and out of the closet. I wear it today because someone else thought a beautiful thought. Waiting for that right moment to bring someone elses thoughts of beauty and love is like hiding in the dark, forgotten. I swear, me and my emotions...

I love the white coat. It keeps me warm, it fits just right and it keeps me wrapped in a thought of beauty from someone that loves me. Now why would I want to wait for something like that. Waiting to do is like waiting to live. We all procrastinate in something dealing with living. But, when you notice that you're doing it, stop, or you just might be the one hanging around in a dark place...waiting to come out...waiting to live...  

Comments

Sally said…
Beautifully written, Crystal. And, you are on the money; if we wait it might just be too late. I love your coat, so glad you decided to bring it out, and put it on!

Have a wonderful day, sweet girl. ((hugs))
Crystal said…
Thank you sweet Sally girl. And i'm glad I did. After posting this Tim and I met for lunch and the waitress just beemed how much she liked the coat. I hope it made Tim feel good because I know I was and that I wore it just for him :)

Love you!!!
Dawn said…
Gosh, I gave away my white winter coat this year because I was afraid of it getting it to dirtier and didn't want to wear a dirty coat, only to get a coat that shows every piece of fuzz, dog hair and everything. Makes you go hmmmmm, I should of kept my white coat !!
Donna said…
vegas still sounds good...OH! The coat! Ok, now how about some socks for those feets???? ;o)
mammy
Crystal said…
Lol, Dawn I have a coat like that and i'm normally pulling dog hair off it!!!

Mammy, Lol!!! (sticks tongue out at you ;))
Hope said…
Love the coat! I would be worried about getting it dirty too haha! But you are right..if we wait to do things because we are scared, or worried, or even too busy...we will NEVER do them :)
Crystal said…
Hope, thanks!! And yes..I agree and plan on wearing it a lot more;)

Popular Posts