New Friends, Over Eating and Starting Over

Well, one of these days I'll get tired of starting over. I'll have had my fill and just stand up and when I say enough is enough, I'll mean it and go on. Hopefully though, that time is now. Getting so tired of feeling yucky, out of shape and not being able to permanently say no to always stuffing my face, I am once again, starting over on getting back on track to health and fitness.

A little before Thanksgiving I started and didn't let anything get in the way of my goal. Even eating Thanksgiving lunch was OK because I got very small amounts of everything I enjoyed and as soon as the "partying" was over I was right back at it. No one pushing me, it was all me. Well, when Christmas rolled around and we had family come in with all the sweets and treats for 4-5 days I was sliding off and face planting right into it all. Then with the painting and redoing of the flooring I had, or shall I say, I wanted to get as much painting done as I could afford. Not going to the gym while all of this was going on, I was starting to also, pick up on my eating.

So, here we are. First day back to the gym had me up and at em at 4:15 this morning. I've been drinking shakes for breakfast and dinner and eating soup and half a sandwich for lunch and only going to the gym once in the evening, maybe doing 3 miles. That was then. Now or today, I had my shake for breakfast, a handful of pretzels, 4-16 oz of water with lemon and lunch was lobster and crab bisque with a half of a grilled cheese and I will follow it up with another trip to the gym this PM and a shake for dinner. I had lost almost what I had wanted to but being slack, gained all that was lost back again. So the main goal to lose is about 10-12 good pounds.

This first week I will be doing nothing but walking. I gave myself 45 minutes at the gym at 3.8 just to get a fast enough pace to kick in some miles (3 miles) but slow enough that I can work up to where I normally would be at 4.2 when walking. (5-7 miles) I had started incorporating jogging into the mix too at anywhere between 5-5.7mph so that's the goal for next week. Maybe one of these days I can actually do a whole workout and jog the whole thing. I'm not a runner. At all. So this is somewhat already motivational saying I have "already done" this. No excuses now...

I met a new friend yesterday. Well, through Face book anyway. Her name is Kelly Smith and I can tell you all this because she's a public figure. Ms. Texas America 2012. Now...I'm not into watching beauty pageants and all that. There was a post on a friends wall linked to a picture of a man that had gone missing and I clicked on it, bringing me to her public page and telling about the story. I liked her page and read the rest of the story and also commented on that and another story about her own experience with car accidents and her kids.

Now, I believe that yes, beauty is only skin deep UNLESS it goes deeper than that and makes your heart shine so bright it makes you beautiful, to me. She's for sure a beauty by looking at her picture but what made her beautiful to me is the fact that she has 7 kids ranging from 16 all the way down to 1 years old. W-O-W. Besides having 7 children she is also a grandmother to one of them, shes a stay at home mom that works from home and also an ordained minister. Of coarse, with her doing pageants and the like she's really big into community stuff and is a huge supporter of having bullying stopped. A very big plus in my book. But, the thing that grabbed me is that she is extremely family oriented. Having that many, how could you not be and I'm thinking she is not married. I wasn't going to be nosy and ask. Hell, even WITH a man in the house it's still a wonder how she stays sane.

Anyway, we talked a few times about children and car accidents and I guess she liked what I had to say because this morning I noticed I had a friend request from her. I added her. Not for the pageants or that shes pretty. I added her because we have so much in common. Our love of family. She is in a position that she can voice her opinion louder than the regular person so it's nice that she was interested enough in what I had to say about topics enough to find out more of my thoughts for the long term. I hope she does well. With pageants and family. She runs for Ms America 2012 in April. I, more than likely, wont be watching. Nothing against her either. I hope she does very well but it's never really been something I had to watch and I'm not changing that now that I have actually talked to someone in that business. So, here's to seeing what comes from a new cyber friendship in the future, eating healthy and LESS of it and working out.

Have a great day everyone!!

Comments

Jenny said…
Hey Crystal, thanks for the pep talk regarding diet and fitness. So many of us are in that boat with you. I too was doing so well until the holidays rolled around, and then it was just, oh well, it's Christmas, I have to eat all this stuff. At one point my SEVEN-FOOT LONG dining table was COVERED from end to end with pies, cookies, candies, and the like. It was unbelievable and yes, it ALL got eaten except for a pound or two of fudge I stashed in the freezer just so I would not eat it ALL. I'm working at it too and grateful for my health so that I can move around and make good choices. So you stay motivated and I will too. Also thanks for your recent post about keeping things neat and clean on the home front so your hard-working husband comes home to harmony and not chaos. I listened to that because sometimes I let the vacuuming slip a few more days than I should and so forth ... telling myself, the kitchen and baths are clean and nobody's coming over! But today I spiffed the place up real nice and I hope when he comes home from working hard today, he feels more rested being in a calm and neat environment. God bless you and your dear family.
Donna said…
Isn't Miss Jenny sweet?!...
Now you Both make me feel bad!!Hahaaa...'Gotta loose weight AND Vaccuum?????
omg
mammy
~Shelly~ said…
U are still beautiful *and tiny* without the dieting! But I hear u, I dont think any of us women are ever really satisfied with our weight!! Its a vicious cycle.. but sometimes u just gotta live life & EAT lol! But good luck, I know u are a motivated person!
Crystal said…
Jenny, LOL!!! Ur a good motivator with talk like that! Im ready to go clean something now, lol!! And I do that too so no worries. I'll let things slip during the week or even on the weekend just out of being lazy and then the guilt hits me. And then if Tim is working his bum off that normally has me jumping off the couch getting in cleaning mode for sure! If im sitting and hes not I figure its the least I can do to put him in a better mood after working like that all day!! And the food thing. Oh girl...I wouldn't have left ur house until every last dish was eaten, lol!!!!!

Mammy, When ur done you can come to my house, lol!!!
Crystal said…
Shelly, thanks girl! I think the hardest is always in the beginning. I've gotten use to doing other stuff and making excuses why I can't do this or that. May have to start going to bed a little earlier at night while doing the morning workouts but it's something that is doable!
Sally said…
Well, good grief, now you've got me feeling guilty for having biscuits and french fries this morning. :)

Seriously though, you are a CHAMPION in my book. You make up your mind and do it. Good going, Crystal.

Hugs!!
Crystal said…
Sally girl, lol, don't feel guily at all!!! And sometimes it takes me falling down many times for me to make my mind up. Hopefully, i'm done falling and WILL do it;)

Popular Posts