A Pinterest Kinda Night

This is an old post I found from February 2012
 So, looky what I made last night for hubby's Dinner. This, of coarse, was the finished dish. And I got too close to the food so it looks really yellow. But...who cares cause it was SO easy to make!!! And he loved it!!
 This is right after I pulled it out of the oven and before I put shredded chess on top of it to melt.
                                               This is a better view after I pulled it out to serve.
           I found this spicy YUMMY sausage at our local grocery store but you can use what you like.
 I didn't use but a few ingredients in this dish. I saw this on Pinterest a week ago and didn't pin it and couldn't find it when I went back to look up everything SO I winged it...Here's what I did and used:

1- big bell pepper (this was just for Tim and the pepper was pretty big)
1- Onion (cut as much as you like for adding into ur meal
1- Box of Zapata 4 cheese rice (I made up the whole box so I can have leftovers for the next day)
1- Package sausage (whatever you prefer as far as the kind you like. OR you can add whatever kind of meat you like. Hamburger, sausage, chicken, turkey hamburger...)

Get your bell pepper and cut the top off and clean the inside out. Wash and set aside.

In a hot pan put just a spoonful of butter in with your chopped up onion and meat of choice and cook until union is soft and meat of choice is cooked. Set aside.

Whatever kind of rice you choose to make, cook it the way you normally do. When it is ready mix the meat and onion into the rice and then spoon as much as you like into the pepper. After, put into a preheated (350) oven for 45 minutes. And NO, you DO NOT have to boil your pepper beforehand. After 45 minutes, pull it out and drizzle the top with shredded cheese and put back in until cheese is melted. It didn't take but maybe a minute or two so watch carefully. Then, pull out and serve. I made this all by itself. I didn't know if there should be sides with it or not but after Tim ate it he said it was plenty.

SO...besides that Sam tried out a Pinterest hairstyle she found that I pinned a couple of weeks ago and wore it to school. I stopped by her work and looked at her and just loved it on her! This pic below is a view from the top of her head. She started the braid by grabbing hair just above one ear, braiding it all the way down and then bringing over her head and bobby pinning it just above the other ear. Then, bringing hair just enough forward to cover the pins. It looked great! I'm glad she tried it!

Comments

Sally said…
That sounds really good; I'm glad Tim liked it.

LOVE Sam's braid!!

Have a wonderful day, sweetheart.

Love ya!!
Crystal said…
Love you too sweet girl!
Dawn said…
That green pepper sounds delicious !! I LOVE them !! Considered the recipe cut and pasted and mailed to myself !! :)

I am sure Sam's hair was beautiful !! I am sure she can do anything with her hair !! She seems that type !!

I am still not into pinning yet ! LOL
Donna said…
Dad thought it looked GOOD! Bet it Was...
Pretty braid!!!
mammy
Jenny said…
I've never gotten the hang of braiding hair! My fingers are so clumsy. Sam's is so pretty and neat! The bell pepper looks fantastic. I'm going to try that.

Popular Posts