Fun night with Funfetti!

So..Sam begged for us to make cupcakes. Decoding that means I make them while she observes but this time I got Tim to observe as well. The more the merrier when i'm cooking. I like for it to be a more than me type thing even if i'm the one cooking. SO, what we used..see above and add 1/3 cup oil, 3 eggs and 1 cup water to mix up the batter. I also cooked them just as it said to on the back of the box. 350 degrees for 20 mins.
After I put together all the ingredients I wanted to have a lil fun so I pulled out my food coloring and Sam said she wanted the red so we went with that.
I squeezed the red one good time for maybe 1 full second to have it shoot out a pretty good steam and not a few drops. I'm wingin it here..
The end result in color. In the muffin tins they go and put in the oven.
I think they turned out cute so I didn't want to put on the same ol frosting as always so I had some more fun with the food coloring
For this get whatever colors you want.
Get sandwich bags and what I did is that I put two spoonfuls of frosting in three bags. Blue, green and yellow. Then I put in about 5 drops of each. Then I just grabbed each bag up and started smashing and rolling the bag in my hands. You can take a rolling pin and roll the frosting down to where you need to or just use Ur hands. Either way works. Just make sure to get all the air out. Wouldn't do any good squeezing just to have the baggy explode;)
Now Sam DID help out with this part. Lil turkey
And there you have it. Not made from scratch but something different to do with the same ol thing. ENJOY!

Comments

Sally said…
Love that idea for different colors. I'll definitely plan to do that when Hunter visits. She'll love it!

And, I'm loving your food posts!

xoxo
Crystal said…
Thanks Sally girl! I think Hunter and you would have a lot of fun with this. I think I only made 16 out of mine. I fill the tins 3/4 full so u can prob make more than me cutting back to half? I don't do cupcakes that often! Oh, and I leave mine out. Maybe some people refridgerate them??? Anyway, I left them out and its SO humid that the frosting melted!
Sally said…
Well, I have a question Ms FoodLady: Do you use the paper cupcake holders? And, if so what do you do to keep them from sticking?

Also, was it you that showed how to "fix them" if they stick? By putting frosting not only on top but between the layers. I thought that was pretty cool. :)
Crystal said…
Lol ok I need to get better at explaining. I forgot all that. Yes, I use the paper cups and before I put them in the muffin pan I sprayed the pan really well with no stick spray. As for the frosting on and inside them I found a cupcake corer that will easily cut out the middles so u can fill it. Ill find it tomorrow and show u!!
Dawn said…
I have been having some computer issues and your blog is the first one I came, too. I am making no peak beef tips tomorrow. That Apple Snickers Salad, OMG !!! That, too.

I just gained 10 pounds sitting here looking at what you are cooking. Keep it up !! :) xoxo
Crystal said…
Too late Jenny, lol!!

Dawn, let me know how they turn out!!

Popular Posts